Guys, I'm going to be making a RWBY mod with outfits and companions, which is the best bodytype to use as a base? CBBE or UNP?

So, a while ago, I had been posting on the RWBY subreddit with these outfits I had made for the main characters from Rooster Teeth's RWBY - created by the late and great Monty Oum. My intention is to put characters from there as companions into Skyrim, complete with their weapons, default outfits and alternate outfits.

I just wanted to get some guidance on which body replacer I should base the outfits on - CBBE? or UNP? I've also been working on and off on a similar Legend of Korra mod as well.

Guest endgameaddiction

A poll will get you better results. Might turn into a fight over which is better (UNP obviously), but it's your mod. You should just pick what ever you prefer. Or how about make two versions? That way neither side complain.

Best route in my opinion would be to make their outfits compatible with CBBE and UUNP Bodyslide. Both bodies' base shapes are built with the same proportions, so all you'd need to do is conform the outfit to the other body's sliders and weights once you finish the first one.

^ Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. Now, is it possible for me to use bodyslide to convert my first armor outfit to use the biggest body size for Skyrim?

So e.g, I've made a outfit that fits the _0 body (the lowest weight slider), and I want to make one to fit the _1 body (the largest weight slider). Can I use bodyslide studio to convert the _0 outfit to fit _1 body?

You mean you want to output something with the same shape for both the low and high weight? All you need to do is make both the low and high output have the same slider settings, then. The only thing that will look different is the neck thickness.

Make your projects for, what is labeled in Bodyslide as, CBBE classic. Its what the default shape in Outfit Studio is, and the fastest to work from in said program. Once you send the meshes through Outfit Studio properly, you can package the slider sets created to allow users to customize the bodies to their liking without you worrying about doing extra work.

Don't even worry about making other bodies unless you are feeling generous. You're already doing the work of creating these meshes to begin with. Let us users worry about nitpicking body details on our end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived