Be a bandit?

GimmeBACON

I saw a few mods that made the forsworn a fleshed out, joinable faction, but couldn't find a bandit mod. I know there's a mod somewhere that makes bandits non-hostile to you, but that isn't the same as being one of them. My idea is pretty much, you get captured, earn their trust, become one of them, and they give you jobs. A few jobs include...

• "The war spread 'em thin" -Rob a caravan or soldier patrol -Simply kill all enemies then turn in quest item (bag of gold or something) 
  • "Making a name for yourself" -Raid a low guarded settlement -Same as bounty, where you have a specific person to kill
  • "Building morale" -Find and enslave women to keep the others happy (Historically accurate, but I hate the idea of my character doing this one personally) 

And a few less violent but equally necessary quests

• "Food shortage" -Self explanatory, get them food (fetch quests, yay :dodgy:)
  • "Bring me mead!" -Where else would they get all their liquor? (that's right, you're their errand boy/girl)

I doubt this will be made, but at the most, I can at least put my ideas out there. Who knows, a mod similar to this may already exist, and one of you may help point me in the right direction, and if not, maybe somebody else with the skill might like the idea of making this into a real mod.

With "Alternate Start - Live Another Life" you can start as Bandit.

I have that mod, but it doesn't have a whole lot of depth, it's just that a group isn't hostile to you. Of course that could just be because I broke it, I don't know.

• "Building morale" -Find and enslave women to keep the others happy (Historically accurate, but I hate the idea of my character doing this one personally) 

No strapping lads to kidnap for the female bandits? ): they need love too

Fair enough, I was just giving an outline, not a solid path though  ;)

If you can stand being restricted to emergent gameplay, you can totally play a bandit with a couple mods. Alternate Start is, well... it's a start (sorry!). Add Immersive Speechcraft and you can both talk with your fellow bandits (for some reason it didn't work on all of them in my attempts, but overall it worked) and rob people at knifepoint, so you can actually do some banditry. Add Defeat - rape and violent abduction are now parts of your arsenal. With Live Anywhere - Constructible Shacks, you can add some important amenities to your fort, or even turn it into a badass shantytown if you're so inclined. Use Jaxonz Real Names so that your fellow bandits have names, or Jaxonz Renamer to name them however you want. Try Guild Starter to further expand the options you've got for interacting with fellow bandits. Depending on how cruel and sadistic you plan to be as a bandit, Clean Up Your Corpses might be the mod for you with it's plethora of post-mortem mutilation options.

Then, there's Paradise Halls, which is interesting because you can use it in one of two ways: one is the obvious capture and training of slaves for your own pleasure, but since you can train your slaves to fight for you, you can also use it to forcibly "recruit" other bandits to you cause and rule them with an iron fist. This seems pretty in-theme for an aspiring bandit warlord and theoretically lets you amass quite a giant army of bandits under your banner (whether your rig will be able to handle this is another matter, of course).

To top it off, I'd suggest installing as many mods that add NPCs to roads as your rig can comfortably sustain so that you don't have to run through three different holds to find one guy worth robbing/raping/enslaving. Populated Forts Towers Places will make your starting band more numerous, and OBIS will make it more fearsome and diverse - which, seeing how Immersive Speechcraft lets you make them temporary followers, can lead to interesting strategies emerging. As an alternative to starting as a bandit through LAL, you can start the game however you want, get enslaved by a bandit through SD+ and endure your bondage long enough for them to make you a member of their faction.

Any mod that introduces realistic bodily needs will provide you with the initial motivation to go out and pillage. Since willingly submitting to the guards would make you the laughing stock of banditkind, you may need to rely on stealth for the first couple escapades. Once survival is no longer an issue, start getting bolder in your moves - harass towns and villages, hunt hold guards for sport, whatever sounds amusing to you is probably worth trying. Remember to always let someone escape with their life so you can keep racking up bounty and gaining street cred :)

Oh, and I'd strongly suggest any mod that removes the essential status from all NPCs - raiding a village only to have your bandit horde cut down by an invincible questgiver doesn't really sound like much fun, and if you're serious about being a bandit, the quests you might break this way were never meant for you anyway.

Hope that helps :)

If you can stand being restricted to emergent gameplay, you can totally play a bandit with a couple mods. Alternate Start is, well... it's a start (sorry!). Add Immersive Speechcraft and you can both talk with your fellow bandits (for some reason it didn't work on all of them in my attempts, but overall it worked) and rob people at knifepoint, so you can actually do some banditry. Add Defeat - rape and violent abduction are now parts of your arsenal. With Live Anywhere - Constructible Shacks, you can add some important amenities to your fort, or even turn it into a badass shantytown if you're so inclined. Use Jaxonz Real Names so that your fellow bandits have names, or Jaxonz Renamer to name them however you want. Try Guild Starter to further expand the options you've got for interacting with fellow bandits. Depending on how cruel and sadistic you plan to be as a bandit, Clean Up Your Corpses might be the mod for you with it's plethora of post-mortem mutilation options.

Then, there's Paradise Halls, which is interesting because you can use it in one of two ways: one is the obvious capture and training of slaves for your own pleasure, but since you can train your slaves to fight for you, you can also use it to forcibly "recruit" other bandits to you cause and rule them with an iron fist. This seems pretty in-theme for an aspiring bandit warlord and theoretically lets you amass quite a giant army of bandits under your banner (whether your rig will be able to handle this is another matter, of course).

To top it off, I'd suggest installing as many mods that add NPCs to roads as your rig can comfortably sustain so that you don't have to run through three different holds to find one guy worth robbing/raping/enslaving. Populated Forts Towers Places will make your starting band more numerous, and OBIS will make it more fearsome and diverse - which, seeing how Immersive Speechcraft lets you make them temporary followers, can lead to interesting strategies emerging. As an alternative to starting as a bandit through LAL, you can start the game however you want, get enslaved by a bandit through SD+ and endure your bondage long enough for them to make you a member of their faction.

Any mod that introduces realistic bodily needs will provide you with the initial motivation to go out and pillage. Since willingly submitting to the guards would make you the laughing stock of banditkind, you may need to rely on stealth for the first couple escapades. Once survival is no longer an issue, start getting bolder in your moves - harass towns and villages, hunt hold guards for sport, whatever sounds amusing to you is probably worth trying. Remember to always let someone escape with their life so you can keep racking up bounty and gaining street cred :)

Oh, and I'd strongly suggest any mod that removes the essential status from all NPCs - raiding a village only to have your bandit horde cut down by an invincible questgiver doesn't really sound like much fun, and if you're serious about being a bandit, the quests you might break this way were never meant for you anyway.

Hope that helps :)

That... is a REALLY well fleshed out response, and I think I'm going to have to try that playthrough  :)

Still going to try and keep this thread alive though, in hope a modder sees this.

That... is a REALLY well fleshed out response, and I think I'm going to have to try that playthrough :)

Still going to try and keep this thread alive though, in hope a modder sees this.

Glad I could help, hope you have fun and if you come up with another mod that goes well with this playstyle, please let me know :)

The other solution is making a mod with a joinable bandit faction...

For example, you prepare a quest for joining a particular bandit clan (you need a friend faction for the transition phase, like i done for AFS), and that all.

After, you are in bandit faction, so no problem.

You need of course a core quest line, and some radiant quests like robing a caravan, errands...

You can even made some conflicts with other bandits clan...

Go on CK and begin to mod !

Saw this reviewed by MxR today. Sounds exactly like what you're after? Atleast from a bandit pov. You'd have to use your imagination and the many mods available here to push it into anything sexlab-esque.

Oops, did my link get removed or did I simply forget to paste? :blush:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480576460

I tried this mod,but I just can't get it working properly,looks like it has some incompabilities with Defeat...

From what I've seen in MxR's showcase, it's pretty underdeveloped and formulaic even before considering that it has no sexual content. A kidnap spell and a single hut where victims are teleported? Pretty weak compared to what Defeat can do. Ransom is nice in theory, and one thing that cannot to my knowledge be achieved otherwise, but again, looks pretty underdeveloped.

Now, we need to pester Goubo to add ransom options and valiant rescuers to Defeat :)

Archived