Complete Needs

What is "Complete Need"

Well, Complete Needs is my personal needs overhaul for Oblivion. It aims to add

• hunger, thirst, tiredness: so far no surprises
  • diet: meaning that an elf will need different food for sustenance than a human or a dremora
  • taste: do your character like the food you are making him/her eat? well, he/she will tell you!
  • cooking: pretty simple... Oblivion mainly manages only raw food (except for pies, bread and sweetrolls); I want to add a cooking system and recipes to prepare and cook those ingredients
  • hygiene: you need to bathe from time to time; I also plan to add soapy and wet effects to character
  • hot/cold: Jerall mountains and topal bay requires a different dressing code
  • dressing control: as long as I have to check what kind of clothes the player is wearing, I can also check if he/she is naked or not
  • pee, poop?: well, I don't actually plan to add those, but for sure I'll add the variables to manage them

Why not using the existing ones and why in a single overhaul?

That is pretty simple: all those needs are somehow correlated. If it's hot you drink more and you sweat more, so you also need to bathe more. If you enter water after eating you risk congestion. If you bathe in Jeral Mountains it can be dangerous (you risk assideration) while in Topal Bay it can be refreshing. All those needs interact and interween among them, but no mod until now took this into account

Did I also mention diet and taste? Eating soul gems (if you are a Dremora) or just herbs and vegetable if you are an elf can improve the gaming experience in my own opinion.
Also, discovering which food your character likes and which dislikes, and trying to make him/her eat his/hers favourite to obtain buffs can be really immersive.

Help request

I can cover pretty much all aspects of the mod but 3

1. I can't do animations so I need animations for bathing and eventually peeing and pooping
  2. bathubs: I don't have bathub models. And it would be preferable if bathing animations were integrated with bathubs as well
  3. HUD bars: I have an ini file for hood bars but it's not portable; I know it can be done in another way but I've no time right now to study it so, if somebody can help me on that one, the work will be done faster

Why Loverslab?

Don't misunderstand me, I love Nexus and I will publish a light version of this mod on Nexus too. But Nexus won't let me publish patches for Morroblivion. Morover, peeing and pooping won't be well accepted there.
Furthermore, if possible, I'd like to integrate the nakedness or skimpiness mechanics with Loverslab mods.

Isn't this mod too complex for the average player?

i think I'll be able to add configurations menues (I already have them for debugging anyways). So, if you don't want to cook, cooking will be disabled (and therefore not required). If you want taste will be disabled and also diet (even though I suppose that Dremora will still desire to eat souls instead of normal food

Vampires, Werewolves, Cannibals

Ugh... those are big problems for me right now and I currently don't know how to solve them. Oblivion has a feeding procedure for vampires. This mod detects vampires and doesn't apply to them by default. Cannibalism (and Werewolf feeding) are also compelx because humans don't have meat in their loot lists. It's possible, but it will require time and it's not on skedule right now.

Inebriation, drugs

Inebriation yes. Drugs, maybe (but probably yes, and if you wander, skooma, munshugar and greenmote are among them)

I'd also like you to add...

Asking is free. Every request will be evalutated but I don't guarantee that I'll add it to this mod. Expecially if I can't create the resources or can't find them

LAFP

Sex can be a need, but there're already mods that cover that. Still there may be mechanics to implement (i.e. sexual drive can lessen the cold effects so, a patch for LAFP will be probably released).

Conclusion

The project is ambitious, but I hope to add a new level of immersion for Oblivion. Hope me luck :blush:

Sounds like a really cool project, particularly the realismus is awsome (warm weather -> more drinking and so on.)

About your requests:

• DKZZ2 done a good job for animated bathing single or couple
  • Many bathtubs can be found in the Bathing Mod, also some animations if I remember correctly for bathtubs and also undress animations, however I check my folders I guess I've done some bathtubs for myself in the past.

Good luck for it.

Cheers.

Sounds like a really cool project, particularly the realismus is awsome (warm weather -> more drinking and so on.)

About your requests:

• DKZZ2 done a good job for animated bathing single or couple
  • Many bathtubs can be found in the Bathing Mod, also some animations if I remember correctly for bathtubs and also undress animations, however I check my folders I guess I've done some bathtubs for myself in the past.

Good luck for it.

Cheers.

I already checked DKZZ2 animations, but they have restrictions, and I'm not sure if they can be used in this mod. For the Bathing mod, I wasn't able to find (hence verify) the permissions. But I'll take in consideration your advices. Right now I'm struggling a little with the feeding function. But perhaps using both OBSE and Leveled Lists I can solve that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42038/?      Basic Personal Hygiene  

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45917/?      and for the tubs and toilets in inns

Licensing/Legal

You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that you give me credit if you distribute any part of this mod. However, the bathtubs and soap are modified versions originally created by Antistar and SickleYield. The standing washing animation was created by Umpa and the sitting washing animations were created by OreTueee. And finally, the standard outhouse was created by Stroti and the other outhouses, toilets and washstands were created by kaizit.

Ok Basic Personal Hygiene was the one with the animations then. Guess thouse should be better, because they are in a loop not like DKZZ2's.

I've searched a bit and found some custom bathtubs in my, a way do huge, modding folder and found this:

post-1609-0-07951100-1436389326_thumb.jpgBathtubs.7z

I made them for some personal mod to have some unique tubs in my home they have the size of the standart tub of the bathing mod and are static objects. 

cheers.

Just figured I'd share that. Maskars mods are pretty nice and work with any added ingredients I've tried. Works with cobl. Maybe you coyld adapt his system into yours, then half the work and grounds to build the rest off is there. Also, I think theres a temperature mod on nexus, so that could easily be tied into the thirst. Not sure how you plan on handling clothing type, but for cooking, I use crfatybits. Have it mainly so I can set up camp, build my fire, use a plate from in game, and watch a venison steak, or any other meat, cook. It has steam to show its cooking. Not sure on the permissions for the temp or craftybits though.

Just some ideas for mods that you could probably use or learn something from for yours.

First of all, thanks you all. Your insight are really precious and I'll check every one of them.

@Avebrave: thanks for the bathubs. Can you please give me the original link from the author?

@fienix: that one seems interesting, but if I recall correctly those mods uses resources donated to them explicitally therefore, not free for use. I'll check again to be sure. I'll also check how BPN manages drunkness. I use the normal way (the same used by OOO I think, that blurs the screen).

There's a trouble in BPN 'though... it uses OBME. And taht can bring a couple of bugs ingame.

For the fact that Maskars mods recognize ingredients, it's interesting (I already tried something like that) but has a problem that right now I can't solve: I must recognize meat, fish, vegetables, herbs, inorganic and so on. Because each race eats different things.

• Humans are omnivore but eats mostly cooked things.
  • Kaijity are omnivore but eats mostly raw meat
  • Argonian are omnivore but eats mostly raw fish (yup, I know that you don't usually find fish around Tamriel, but I'm trying to solve that adding fillet to Slaughterfish, and of course I include mudcrab meat too)
  • Elves are herbivore (poor poor elves... but I don't care, and I'll make so that people can force a different diet if they like it more)
  • Dremora eats soul (you, soulgems, and no, Azutra Star can be "eaten" too, without disappearing, or so I hope, i havent tested it yet).

Unfortunately you cannot understand what kind of food is with COBL functions. Therefore auto-recognition is out of question... unfortunately :(

I'll see if I can found another way to add mod ingredients and foods

Ambitious project.

For drug effect maybe just have a messed up sky, fov change, and some voices or whatever moveto player from a holding cell. I'd like to see vomiting as a result of poisoning etc but whatever.

For recognizing foods maybe a big list defining common oblivion ingredients, your added stuff and then an ini that the user ids food by. Or you could use strings but breadfruit isn't bread.

@Elei-Mi-Shill

I'm the author, left is made out of a pot of Strotis kitchen tools, the right one is custom made the half round well is from bathing mod, the statue use hfbe body, but I can't remember whatt pose I used.

I know I made more than these 2 but did not found them yet.

Herbivore elves? Ok that maybe explain why Altmer are always so upset specially Palonirya  :D. For Bosmer it doesn't fit imo, they eat meat and are also cannibalistic. The Green Pact is lets say 'anti-vegan'.

But its your mod, so it's your decision.

cheers.

Maskars mods don't require obme, I think he just had it loaded when making them. I think all 3 of the basic mods have that same disclaimer. As for drunkenness, it moves the reticle, you have to keep moving your mouse to keep it centered, and has option of stumbling and falling down. I got real drunk in the Oak and Crosier, headed upstairs to sleep it off, and fell down the stairs....... looks pretty accurate in 1st person, lol.

Ambitious project.

For drug effect maybe just have a messed up sky, fov change, and some voices or whatever moveto player from a holding cell. I'd like to see vomiting as a result of poisoning etc but whatever.

For recognizing foods maybe a big list defining common oblivion ingredients, your added stuff and then an ini that the user ids food by. Or you could use strings but breadfruit isn't bread.

Thanks, the idea of using FOV is quite interesting. I'd think about the voices if it's possible somehow using OBSE.

For the list, I'm trying with LeveledItems. Not sure if it works, but if it does, I have 3 vairables (BaseID, Level->FoodType, Cound->Food Subtype/Preparation) that are exactly what I need. With OBSE I can also Add and Remove items via script.

Maskars mods don't require obme, I think he just had it loaded when making them. I think all 3 of the basic mods have that same disclaimer. As for drunkenness, it moves the reticle, you have to keep moving your mouse to keep it centered, and has option of stumbling and falling down. I got real drunk in the Oak and Crosier, headed upstairs to sleep it off, and fell down the stairs....... looks pretty accurate in 1st person, lol.

Uhm... I need to test this one.Perhaps I can simulate the random movement with setAngle. Stumbling and falling should be easier to implement. Do you think I should blur with them? I ask because I was never drunk.

About OBME, I think he uses it to change the colour of the sky. In Oblivion you haven't a feature to change Imagemapping like in Fallout3. It is possible, but it's not easy and I don't know how to do (manipulating shaders, if I understood it, it's used in example by mods that replaces the effect of Night View).

@Elei-Mi-Shill

I'm the author, left is made out of a pot of Strotis kitchen tools, the right one is custom made the half round well is from bathing mod, the statue use hfbe body, but I can't remember whatt pose I used.

I know I made more than these 2 but did not found them yet.

Herbivore elves? Ok that maybe explain why Altmer are always so upset specially Palonirya  :D. For Bosmer it doesn't fit imo, they eat meat and are also cannibalistic. The Green Pact is lets say 'anti-vegan'.

But its your mod, so it's your decision.

cheers.

Thankls for the Insights. I'll correct Bosomer immediately! I didn't know about The Green Pact.

Your bathubs are splendid, and if you give me permissions I'll use them. Of course I'll give you credits for them.

I've never seen the sky change colors with his mods. I found out that if a modder hase obme installed, the mods they make will pop up that obme message even if they didn't use it. The wxPython messages can be ignored.

As for blurring, if really drunk. It takes a while irl before vision gets affected.

• 5 months later...

This is something I would love to play.  The idea of frost-fall level of immersion in Oblivion as well as hygiene and primary needs is cool.  

Just be careful with the bathing settings.  I remember getting frustrated with a bathing mod from the nexus years ago due to getting insta-filthed going near any water that wasn't in a bath.  

Hope it all goes well.  Will be checking on this thread again in the future.  

Oh and excretion mods do exist on the nexus too so I think you will be fine.   I think a few are packaged with hygiene mods.  Most of them are poorly done however.

They still host a lot of the Sexual innuendo stuff for FNV so if the complain about you putting in a mod where your crapping on the pristine cobble pathways of Weynon Priory, they have some serious problems with priority.

This is something I would love to play.  The idea of frost-fall level of immersion in Oblivion as well as hygiene and primary needs is cool.

It's getting a bit complicated to detect the heat levels. In fact having desert and rain forest at the same latitude is giving me some troubles.

Just be careful with the bathing settings.  I remember getting frustrated with a bathing mod from the nexus years ago due to getting insta-filthed going near any water that wasn't in a bath.

Uhm... I can see the possible problem. In fact I have some troubles with that routine too. Because I don't really understand how to set the threshold. But I'm writing my own procedures, so the bugs will be different.

Hope it all goes well.  Will be checking on this thread again in the future.  

Oh and excretion mods do exist on the nexus too so I think you will be fine.   I think a few are packaged with hygiene mods.  Most of them are poorly done however.

They still host a lot of the Sexual innuendo stuff for FNV so if the complain about you putting in a mod where your crapping on the pristine cobble pathways of Weynon Priory, they have some serious problems with priority.

Problem is finding good animations for Oblivion for that things. I find a lot of animations for Skirim, but very few for Oblivion.

Problem is finding good animations for Oblivion for that things. I find a lot of animations for Skirim, but very few for Oblivion.

There are still some animators around for Oblivion.  Just request what you are after with enough detail on the animation(s) and as long as you are not asking for too much, someone will likely help you out.

There are still some animators around for Oblivion.  Just request what you are after with enough detail on the animation(s) and as long as you are not asking for too much, someone will likely help you out.

My hope is actually to find an animator for Oblivion who reads this forum and finds interesting this project. I've seen a lot of ZAZ animations, and, if I understand correctly, there are this kind of animations... but for Skyrim, not for Oblivion.

I made a mod for giving hygienic needs to the player a few years ago. Unfortunately it was one of my first mods ever made and was...buggy to say the least.  :lol:

Check this mod for hypothermia and temperature changes. Maybe you can simply merge what you have with this or ask the author for permission if he is still around. He is on Skyrim now I think.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/32752/?

That's an interesting mod, but it irks me because Cyrodiil is supposed to have more of a jungle climate. The game shouldn't even have the northwestern part of the map full of snow and stuff. Thanks Todd.

Check this mod for hypothermia and temperature changes. Maybe you can simply merge what you have with this or ask the author for permission if he is still around. He is on Skyrim now I think.

An interesting mod, but I can't seem to download it :(

I made a mod for giving hygienic needs to the player a few years ago. Unfortunately it was one of my first mods ever made and was...buggy to say the least.  :lol:

That's an interesting mod, but it irks me because Cyrodiil is supposed to have more of a jungle climate. The game shouldn't even have the northwestern part of the map full of snow and stuff. Thanks Todd.

There's snow at the top of the Kilimanjaro :) Just the fact that the area is hot doesn't mean that at the top of a mountain you can't find snow or eternal ices.

BTW, I'm going with the standard TES4 setting for Cyrodiil, so I'll use a wide range of climates and the need to use lighter clothes when you're in the southern regions. I'm also planning to add something for Anequina.

BTW, if you have experience with needs mod and you feel like, you can join me and we can do this together :)

Archived