MSVCR120.dll

• When I try to start GECK (nvse) I get an error message telling me that MSVCR120.dll is missing and to reinstall GECK to correct this. I've tried reinstalling but it made no difference and I still get the same message. The odd thing is that after clicking ok on the message box GECK still loads. Does anyone know what MSVCR120.dll is? and is it still ok to use GECK with this file missing?

Thanks

SnowOwl

Locate and install ALL VCRedist packages (2010, 2012, 2013, and current) Install both x86 and x64 versions (x86 first, then x64) This will prevent errors from these .dll files from happening with just about any software you may ever decide to use.

NEVER download official Microsoft .dll files from anywhere other than Microsoft. 

There's not really a point. Once you know what package it's contained in, the downloads are generally quite small, and there is ZERO risk when downloading from MS. Not so with other companies. 

I've had friends and relatives use your fix4dll website, and I've had to spend hours using linux to dig through their system to remove files that shouldn't have been put there.

NEVER download official Microsoft .dll files from anywhere other than Microsoft. 

There's not really a point. Once you know what package it's contained in, the downloads are generally quite small, and there is ZERO risk when downloading from MS. Not so with other companies. 

I've had friends and relatives use your fix4dll website, and I've had to spend hours using linux to dig through their system to remove files that shouldn't have been put there.

I don't say that this dll files are for Linux system. Who needs Linux when U have Windows

I don't say that this dll files are for Linux system. Who needs Linux when U have Windows

MSVCR is not for linux. No one has mentioned linux in this threat. 

Where did you get linux?

Where did you get linux?

From here...

Where did you get linux?

From here...

Still not getting where the poster sees that the .dll's are for a linux system.

I plainly stated that I had to use linux to fix Windows. (Not really an uncommon thing, tbh)

Still not getting where the poster sees that the .dll's are for a linux system.

I plainly stated that I had to use linux to fix Windows. (Not really an uncommon thing, tbh)

I don't know why the poster thought that, but it should not surprise you the stupid posts some people make.

I know what you meant. I use linux live cds for the same thing when needed.

PS

I have used sites like that from time to time, but the instructions they provide are garbage. If I use a site like that I just drop the dll next to the exe of the program that wants it and call it good, and it will only be there for that program.

Archived