Learning to use MO for FONV and TTW

RDKateran

Dammit, why do I keep missing these things?  I've been through that FAQ about ten times tonight.

Think I'll hold off on further MO tinkering until tomorrow.  Maybe a night of sleep will help me understand this better.

Good thinking. I took 3 or 4 days to do the new install with MO. Simply because there is soooo much to read and take into account. Just take your time with it and take it slow. Otherwise you might miss something small and nothing will work. And you can start over again...

i don't even bother with fomm now that i got MO setup the way i want. then again took 3-4 days to set it correctly from the lack of correct information on fnv4gb, mo, nvse, and enb. found that putting the d3dx.dll or w/e in the exe's folder doesn't work when your running fnv4gb.exe from inside MO. finding that out after 2 days of reading guides that didn't work only to find it in a single post in ttw forums was a pita.

LOL yes, I had that problem with the enb as well, thanks for reminding me.

So RBKateran (or anyone else following this thread): Please ignore this line from the step guide:

In the Fallout New Vegas folder, move the d3d9.dll into the "exes" folder that is created by the 4GB Loader. Or create the folder if it does not exist.

The correct place to put the d3d9.dll is in the Fallout New Vegas main folder!

So how would I set FNV4GB up to work with MO?  'cause I've already installed that manually into the main directory.

you first have to manually install it into the main directory, so you did that correctly. The way to get it to work with MO is in the "extenders" section:

In the Executables menu type FNV 4GB Loader into the Title text box.Next to the Binary text box, click [...], and navigate to the "...\Fallout New Vegas\" folder, select "fnv4gb.exe" and click [Open].(Optional) Only use this if the game will not start without it. In the arguments text box type in "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe", without quotations.Click [Add] or [Modify], then [Close].

The executables menu is the icon with the green and blue gear, where you also set up LOOT, FNVEdit etc to work with MO.

I don't suppose anyone's made a comprehensive Type 3 BnB body/armor replacer for TTW, have they?  Trying to set one up via their instructions at the TTW site, but it's becoming a nightmare, especially since FO3 doesn't seem to have any actual Type 3 BnB replacer, like FONV does.

I don't suppose anyone's made a comprehensive Type 3 BnB body/armor replacer for TTW, have they?  Trying to set one up via their instructions at the TTW site, but it's becoming a nightmare, especially since FO3 doesn't seem to have any actual Type 3 BnB replacer, like FONV does.

I am not sure what you mean? TTW is basically FO3 ported over to the FONV engine, so you should stop thinking about it as if you are installing FO3. So the Type3 body and armor replacers from the STEP guide are the correct ones to use. Of course you need to install the Compatability Skeleton - BnB BodyExtender FAFF NVG as well, otherwise Sexout mods won't work.

Probably the best I'm going to get then.  Thank you.

EDIT: This requires the plugins and such from the original replacers?  Are these not replacers in the truest sense, but have their own unique file paths then?

Guest endgameaddiction

Those are not official replacers, no. You'd have to rename and overwrite the files to be replacers.

I was pretty annoyed that Izumiko didn't convert the DLC armor for FO3. He just dumped his FNV ones over and created a plugin for the FO3 version. At this point. I don't see anyone doing anymore replacers anymore. Even with bounce. I don't even know why Lucasjose doesn't just make DOA a modders resource so people can convert more armors for it since he went emo and decided to back off of it because of a hard drive failure.

Probably the best I'm going to get then.  Thank you.

EDIT: This requires the plugins and such from the original replacers?  Are these not replacers in the truest sense, but have their own unique file paths then?

The ones with Replacer in their name are definitely replacers.

They come with a plugin file, because Izumiko added additional items.

If you don't want those it's perfectly safe to delete/disable the plugin

Archived