How do i know what mods will work with my type 3 body replacer?

I noticed that a lot of the "type x" mods dont work with Dimonized's type 3 alice body replacer and k2's berry boobs body replacer (which is also type 3).

For example : http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55226/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D55226%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Even though this says type 3, it doesnt work with either of the body replacers i mentioned above....why? It has massive clipping issues.

When people say that there's compatibility between different Types, usually it's because they replace the Upperbody and this shares the same UV, so the textures will work fine.

But if you use modular clothes like those you linked, then you must use the same body type that the modder used to make the conversion, or probably they won't fit very well...

However, I've noticed that inside the modular clothes packages, often the modder includes one of the cloth pieces which also replaces the upperbody, usually it's in the shoes.

you can't without inspecting the files or trying the mod in game.

But based by the mod's description, if it will tell you something like " this mod adds jacket + pants + shoes + bra + gloves" well then it's modular.

If instead it will state something like "this mod adds some wastelander clothes in Fallout" then usually it adds entire outfits. It's not always in this way, I can't really generalize, but I've noticed that in Fallout there are very few modular clothes compared to Skyrim.

Take these for example, they are modular, the description is also very very clear and detailed. Now check what it says here:

Current version of this plug-in (v1.0) cantains next categorized clothings:
1) Footwear - 7 items (used "UpperBody" slot)
2) Dresses - 22 items (used "ArmorAddon1" slot)
3) Skirts - 7 items (used "ArmorAddon2" slot)
4) Jackets - 11 items (used "ArmorAddon3" slot)
5) Brassiere - 12 items (used "BackPack" slot)
6) Panty - 4 items (used "Nosering" slot)
7) Stockings - 3 items (used "Earrings" slot)
8) Garter belts - 4 items (used "Mask" slot)
9) Gloves - 3 items (used "LHand" and "RHand" slots)
10) Accessories - 4 items (used "Mouth object" slot)

Check the first line, it says that footwear includes the upperbody.

This mod uses a specific custom body, this means that it will clip whatever accessory you will use, from 2 to 10, but it will stop clipping if you wear the shoes, because they will also change your body with the one that was used for the mod.

Hmm, okay, thanks.

Any ideas where i can find clothing that will fit type 3 alice then? Practically all the type 3 mods ive tried have major clipping issues, the bunny suit one works but is still too big breasted for type 3 alice.

Im looking on nexus but have not had much luck so far...

Archived