Hello! Sorry to bother the Wizards of LL, but I'm having serious FPS Issues in Skyrim and can't think of what it might be. I downloaded and Installed the mods properly from http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47360-anatriaxs-wonderful-world-of-skyrim/

Guide steps 4-8, skipping 3 and 5, because they were far too much for my computer to handle when I tried It last Week.

Apologies If I missed something obvious, It's been awhile since I modded this much. P.S. Using MO as the guide requires it, but I've always used NMM before it , so I'm still a bit a new to it.

Edit: I think the Temptress Race and my CBBE setup may not like each other, I also might not have followed the CBBEV3 patch directions on the Temptress download page.

You have probably installed Adorable Face and Fair Skin Complexion. Texture mods are not for everyone, most of people are using custom races, and apply textures only to them. Texture mods are using much of GPU Vram, easily reducing it to 0, and causing lags. Try to deactivate texture mods, and see if problem is gone.

Edit: 

+Adorable Face
+Fair Skin Complexion
Yeah, you have them. Uninstall, problem is gone!

You have probably installed Adorable Face and Fair Skin Complexion. Texture mods are not for everyone, most of people are using custom races, and apply textures only to them. Texture mods are using much of GPU Vram, easily reducing it to 0, and causing lags. Try to deactivate texture mods, and see if problem is gone.

Edit: 

+Adorable Face
+Fair Skin Complexion
Yeah, you have them. Uninstall, problem is gone!

I don't mind that much about uninstalling them, since I'll just go to my usual Performance-friendly Skin, but is it possible to just disable them?

Also try disable SAM's scaling option for NPC and followers.

Did that for any NPC-Power-Hungry Mod I have control over, before I slept in AS-LAL and woke up as a Legion Recruit.

I don't mind that much about uninstalling them, since I'll just go to my usual Performance-friendly Skin, but is it possible to just disable them?

Yeah, you can just uncheck them in MO. I don't think it would make any difference though. If those textures were the fault then even indoors you would lag.

I unchecked them, played until I got into the market area and it made no difference. Uninstalled and made no difference either, also my character didn't change at all, so I guess they weren't even being used by my Tempress.

they only told you to uninstall that because they don't like it

coc qasmoke then cocriftenexterior (from main menu) to check if problem is your save

if it's it, either too much going on because load order, either fail mod broke the save

if not, copy paste your profile, load that test profile, and try without mods

then try without mods files

fail textures eat more fps

fail nifs eat even more fps (or game ctd or refuse to load them)

I unchecked them, played until I got into the market area and it made no difference. Uninstalled and made no difference either, also my character didn't change at all, so I guess they weren't even being used by my Tempress.

they only told you to uninstall that because they don't like it

coc qasmoke then cocriftenexterior (from main menu) to check if problem is your save

if it's it, either too much going on because load order, either fail mod broke the save

if not, copy paste your profile, load that test profile, and try without mods

then try without mods files

fail textures eat more fps

fail nifs eat even more fps (or game ctd or refuse to load them)

Could missing/corrupt Bodyslide files cause this? Last time I ran Bodyslide it said triss armor retextured failed, I guess I'll look into it's folder structure and see if I can fix it.

Removing Triss Armor Retextured did not help, and when I started a new game, I stay at 40-45 FPS when moving around outside. I was playing a khajiit, so it's not the Temptress Race causing this. P.S. I was at Lakeview Manor and haven't gone to Riften yet, is it possible Frostfall or Wet and cold are causing this?

I have that lag in Riften, and i know that is exactly Adorable Face and Fair skin complexion causing it. either disable or uninstall. Or custom race.

ridiculous

you don't lag because you pick that texture instead of that one (unless one is compressed 1k, and other is uncompressed 8k, you may be able to see a fps difference in that case)

you lag because your choice in riften textures replacer is bad for your config, when you move, game have to unload too much from ram to load new textures it have to render

or because you have a dozen npc with custom race that need 800 mo (less ram for the rest, and useless ram swapping)

or because you have a fail mesh, when i edit and reweight bean sidhe in outfitter to put it on serana... that nif was eating 10-15 fps (non edited nif only eat 1 fps)

or because scripts need so much cpu time, there's isn't enought left to tell the gpu what it have to do

or...

yatol is correct, the problem will not be with armors or body textures as they are used everywhere, not just Riften. Look at your mods for things that are specific to that location, I had issues there because of the water, looking at it dropped my framerates horribly but so long as they were not in frame (looking away from them) I didn't have a problem.

yatol is correct, the problem will not be with armors or body textures as they are used everywhere, not just Riften. Look at your mods for things that are specific to that location, I had issues there because of the water, looking at it dropped my framerates horribly but so long as they were not in frame (looking away from them) I didn't have a problem.

There are only a few things in my mod list that affect Riften, My personnel Followers that use Apachii hair, Inigo and Jalamar from Falskaar. They're just NPC's so I don't see how they could Impact Riften that much, anyways I think I'll just use a collection from the Workshop so I can do the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and all 3 DLC quest lines. I'll probably play morrowind once I finish them, since I've never played it. P.S. Should I wait until tomorrow to ask for this post to be deleted, y'know in case anyone can solve this?

Riften market has a lot of people usually so if you have script heavy mods that affect npcs such as Wet and Cold/Frostfall they'll lag you once you get quite a few people in your area. But if you remove either of those two mods on your save it'll kill your save file. Try what Yatol suggested and see if its that or just might be a dirty plugin.

I've removed Wet and Cold, a few hd things and I'm now going to repatch everything and start a new game. If it has the same Issue I'll just remove half of my Armor and Weapon Mods, anything else that affects NPC's and try again. And if it doesn't work then, I'll just refresh Skyrim and start a new game with my favorite Workshop Collection.

Well I don't know what's causing the FPS drop, but i'm not gonna bother with it anymore, if the game becomes unplayable because of it I'll just switch to a load order that works. Thanks for trying to help me fix it guys & gals, I'm going to mark this as *Please Delete* and just deal with the dicky game.

no one mentioned this part. but you use hdt right ?? did you check your hdt log ?? if you use custome xml file that has settings for butt, belly , breast etc.. and one of your companions is using a mesh with no belly node or breast and butt node then hdt will keep spamming error and will slow your game down. So it does not even have to mean texture mod to slow game down.

Well I don't know what's causing the FPS drop, but i'm not gonna bother with it anymore, if the game becomes unplayable because of it I'll just switch to a load order that works. Thanks for trying to help me fix it guys & gals, I'm going to mark this as *Please Delete* and just deal with the game.

Before you do that what settings do you have in skyrim.ini? since the only time i've heard of extreme drops like that are when people have settings like 800 ms for the papyrus fUpdateBudgetMS which prevents the render operating at a speed it needs to for good FPS i.e for 60 FPS in can only take like 16 MS per frame so if you then give 800 ms to papyrus it can't be achieved

Well I don't know what's causing the FPS drop, but i'm not gonna bother with it anymore, if the game becomes unplayable because of it I'll just switch to a load order that works. Thanks for trying to help me fix it guys & gals, I'm going to mark this as *Please Delete* and just deal with the game.

Before you do that what settings do you have in skyrim.ini? since the only time i've heard of extreme drops like that are when people have settings like 800 ms for the papyrus fUpdateBudgetMS which prevents the render operating at a speed it needs to for good FPS i.e for 60 FPS in can only take like 16 MS per frame so if you then give 800 ms to papyrus it can't be achieved

Good call and a good thing I forgot to change the name, I deleted my .Ini's which were used from the visual part of the guide, however they haven't made a difference.

no one mentioned this part. but you use hdt right ?? did you check your hdt log ?? if you use custome xml file that has settings for butt, belly , breast etc.. and one of your companions is using a mesh with no belly node or breast and butt node then hdt will keep spamming error and will slow your game down. So it does not even have to mean texture mod to slow game down.

this seems like it could be the Issue, but the logs aren't showing up in MO, perhaps they're not being created anymore?

Good call and a good thing I forgot to change the name, I deleted my .Ini's which were used from the visual part of the guide, however they haven't made a difference.

this seems like it could be the Issue, but the logs aren't showing up in MO, perhaps they're not being created anymore?

Maybe it's in the Skyrim folder? Data/SKSE ?

Archived