• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Alas, I've also been having quite some trouble making an NPC out of Katia..
At first the original follower looked fine, but I got the whole grey head thing when I tried to apply her meshes and textures to Sofia, then it spread to the Katia Follower too (tried the usual "ctrl+F4" fix, but can't seem to get anything to work)..

Then when I tried using this skin I had some rather odd results.. (original Katia Follower in foreground, Sofia convert in the background, me confused behind the scenes xD)

9c1b275a1d.jpg 

Alas, I've also been having quite some trouble making an NPC out of Katia..

At first it was just the whole grey head thing (tried the usual "ctrl+F4" fixes listed around the net, but nothing seems to work on her for me..), but when I tried using this skin I had some rather odd results.. xD

Screenshot's using the original Katia Follower, but I had the same issues when I was trying to convert Sofia beforehand (as seen in the background)..

9c1b275a1d.jpg 

The grey face bug is due to the way the head parts are set up. Basically, the head itself is an "Extra" part, while the neck is what the game thinks is the actual head. This causes the skin color to no be properly applied to the texture.

In order to fix it, you have to note down the skin color from the NPC entry in the CK (as in, write down the RGB color code). Then, open the FaceGen texture file (which should be gray) and then paint it all in the same color you noted down. If you did things right, the head color should now properly match the rest of the body.

As for those black squares all over the body, those happen when the game is running out of memory and is unable to load the normal or specular maps. Do you have Crash Fixes and ENBoost installed? Those help with performance issues like the ones you have here.

Huh, seems I was using an older ENBoost.. xD
After a LOT of messing around (almost 4 days at this point), seems the only thing I've managed is to do is find new ways to break things that I'd have thought completely unrelated, a thousand ways of fixing this gray face bug that don't seem to work for any version of this Katia race/model, and nnow I can't even seem to replicate the working state I originally had, as Sofia seems to lose all interaction when I change her now (seems Katia is my spirit animal, cus everything I do turns out worse xD); alas, despite all my efforts I can't seem to figure out how to change the neck colour.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this is like very late but I keep encountering a problem of some sort, every time that the game starts up and I make a new Katia khajit the game plays up until the part where you enter the helgen keep at the beginning, it won't load past that point(it starts the loading screen, but there's only the smoke and usual black background, nothing else on screen [no tips or pics]) and then the game just closes out to desktop with no reason given(I've tried redoing it each time but nothing works).

Can anyone help or at least tell me the problem? I use an alienware console to run the game.