I'm having issues with FNIS recognizing Skyrim is updated. At first, it wasn't installed properly and after an hour of trial and error it finally tells me it's installed properly. Well, it doesn't say it isn't so I assume it's happy.

Now it's telling me my Skyrim isn't updated. Which SteamApps > Common > Skyrim > .exe Properties states it is.

This is my third run around. 

I've done all this once, and FNIS didn't like me after installing 20 mods and thinking it'll all work, and something I did ruined all the mods.
Second time, I tried again and yet SexLab wouldn't work correctly. Animations and Bodysliders wouldn't work. So I thought I'd actually READ THE MANUALS and do everything from scratch - Again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in advance.

P.S. I have an imgur link to a screenshot - I've been a lurker for a week and haven't posted anything so I'm not allowed to link/attach.
Edit: Or you know, tell me I can't and do it anyways. Weird.
Also, while Copying FNIS contents in the folder they all replace their DATA folders? FNIS also states I didn't install Creature pack despite I did the same thing with it with what I did with the Spells and Behavior. Should I just instead use MO to install these?

post-866187-0-00155400-1435561158_thumb.jpg

Your last question indicates that you didn't use MO yet. So yes, even though it's hard to switch at first, i'll suggest you to do it.
First you'll need to revert your Skyrim back to Vanilla state:

• Uninstall any mod within your current mod manager. Unsubscribe from any mod within Steam Workshop. Uninstall your mod manager.
  • Remove any file and folder from [sTEAM]\steamapps\common\Skyrim\, except data\ and DirectX10\ folders
  • Remove any file and folder from data\, except the .bsa files. Delete the Update.bsa though.
  • Delete the entire [uSER]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\ folder, with all its contents.
  • Delete the entire [uSER]\AppData\Local\Skyrim\ folder, with all its contents.
  • Right-click Skyrim within Steam and choose "Properties" >> "Local Files" "Verify Integrity Of Local Cache"
  • Open the Skyrim Launcher once through Steam and let settle the video settings.

After these steps you have a vanilla Skyrim again.

Now I highly recommend that you work your way through S.T.E.P., at least until the end of point "2.E Interface". Then, you should have Mod Organizer, some important third party programs, cleaned DLC esm files and a few basic mods as grounding. Additionally, GamerPoets and Gopher made some nice video tutorials for MO. GamerPoets also made some other nice tutorials, just check his playlists.
Still, it's a nice idea to skim that STEP modlist, because there also are some other nice things, that you might like.

After you've built that fundament, you might like GEMS as an additional resource of well-known and nice mods. And last, build up your SexLab mods again.

STOP and UPDATE your game to the current version!

The THIRD line of the FNIS output clearly states you have an OLDER version of the game than what is REQUIRED.  Why Steam hasn't updated that already is a question that suggests you have a pirated copy of the game.

STOP and UPDATE your game to the current version!

The THIRD line of the FNIS output clearly states you have an OLDER version of the game than what is REQUIRED.  Why Steam hasn't updated that already is a question that suggests you have a pirated copy of the game.

Don't be too harsh with her. :)  She probably had a pirate version, but I think now it's legal and the desktop shortcut points to the old place.

Because the file properties shown in the pic are not the ones reported by FNIS.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived