I need help with exporting and weighting custom armor with Blender

Hello again! A long, long time ago, I started making my own armor mod.

DixiePig already helped me with fixing the actual 3d model, all the normals work now and the UV maps work fine, too.

I started working on it again recently, I just want it in the game now. I still need to make textures and make a plugin for it in CK, but first, I need to export it from Blender. That's where my problem is.

My armor has thigh high boots and gloves that go over the elbow, so just copying weights from the feet or hands alone won't work. I tried partially copying bone weights from the body and the feet/hands, but I still can't export it because Blender says there are faces that don't have any weights assigned. When I check my vertex groups, it seems like they're all assigned to something though.

Exporting the bodysuit worked fine, I had to redo the UVs again because it had duplicate materials that screwed up in Nifskope, but it's fine now.

To get to the point:

I need someone to help me weight the damn boots and gloves. I couldn't find any tutorials on this specific situation (boots are longer than calf height, gloves longer than wrists), so if someone could tell me how to do that, that'd be great. Ideally, I would send you all the files you need, you do your magic, send me my files back and tell me (and possibly the rest of the internet) how you did it so we can all learn from you.

Let me know if you're willing to spare some time and help me, we'll figure the rest out from there.

LG, Toastbre4d

Theoretically you should be able to export them without weights, port them into Outfit Studio by Caliente, and weight them there... making bodyslide sets for both CBBE and UUNP (Which would increase the popularity of the armor mod, should you decide to release the mod)

That's my problem, Blender basically keeps saying "Nope, can't export that, fix these weights" and then keeps showing me parts of the mesh I'm pretty sure are weighted. I'm at my wit's end. I already use Outfit Studio to make the _1 mesh and that worked fine for the body, but I can't even get there with the boots and gloves.

LG, Toastbre4d

Edit: I managed to get it to export now by jury rigging skeletons and parts of other armor mods, but somehow Blender forgot to export my UV maps... Nifskope can't find any...

Archived