Sexout.esm, SexoutCommonResources.esm and FalloutNV.esm

sen4mi

Both Sexout.esm and SexoutCommonResources.esm override records in FalloutNV.esm

Shouldn't these records be factored out into separate plugins, so that the user can control their load order? In other words: Sexout.esm only contains new records, and SexoutNGPart2.esp contains only records which override FalloutNV.esm?

(Is this kind of "mod splitting" something easy for people to do, or is this something I should volunteer to do and post in the respective download threads?)

Guest Loogie

Halstrom and Prideslayer are very careful to modify vanilla records only if they need modified. Sometimes mistakes happen, but if something is modified it's for a reason.

Splitting it out might break the mods, and it'll also create more of an ESM nightmare for people to deal with.

Halstrom and Prideslayer are very careful to modify vanilla records only if they need modified. Sometimes mistakes happen' date=' but if something is modified it's for a reason.

Splitting it out might break the mods, and it'll also create more of an ESM nightmare for people to deal with.

[/quote']

I am just trying to understand how things work.

I created a copy of Sexout.esm named SexoutESMCreatures.esp and I turned it into an esp (I used hexedit for this) and I removed everything from it that was not a creature (I used TESSnip for this).

I have not actually enabled it yet. But if I get into a situation where I suspect that one of FOOK's creature updates is interfering, I plan on enabling it and replaying that scene to see if the plugin helps.

SexoutCommonResources's overrides probably do not matter.

SCR has:

00127CGA NVSlaveBackpack

-- SCR gives it an SexoutSEFFIncreasedCarryPack effect

(and nothing that I currently have installed overrides this)

001350EF OutfitCass

- SCR gives it a repair list, AR 0.5, DT 2

- LingsPrettyThings.esp overrides it and does not have that repair list nor any armor/dt value

0014823E OutfitVeronicaRobes

- SCR gives her robes AR 1.5

- LingsPrettyThings.esp overrides it and does not any armor value

(neither change the damage threshold)

0015EF8B CassHat

-- FOOK.esm gives it its own mesh, ground object and icon, health of 150, AR 1.0

-- SCR adds a DT of 0.5

-- FOOK - New Vegas.esp overrides it, restoring the FOOK settings

-- LingsPrettyThings.esp overrides it gives it its own mesh (only for females)

I am not sure if I care about any of this armor stuff -- these changes do not seem like the sort that matter for sexout functionality.

0015FDC7 ArmorChineseStealthList

-- SCR and FOOK both remove the chinese stealth helmet from this list

Guest Loogie

I'm guessing the armor added to Cass and Veronica's clothes are so they equip them instead of their nude pregnant bodies, but you'd have to ask Halstrom.

I'm guessing the armor added to Cass and Veronica's clothes are so they equip them instead of their nude pregnant bodies' date=' but you'd have to ask Halstrom.

[/quote']

Those would need to be the armors which have been added to SCR. Until Prideslayer does some magic, the only way to change the mesh is to change the armor.

The above were armors from the base game (for not pregnant or not very pregnant Casses and Veronicas). I imagine if they were not overridden, we would have continuity -- their armors would not magically change their stats when they get pregnant -- but ... personally, am not likely to recruiting them. But that's just me.

Should do what I do... just create your own merged patch (or flash a patch with wrye). The changes you listed are all Sexout content that is needed. Or, if you dislike a Sexout change, just remove it. My load order is chock full of mods that conflict but I patch them according to the content I want to see. Think at last count I have 9 mods that change Cass alone. By patching myself I get the armor from one, the appearance from another, new hair and hat from another, etc.. Dive into FNVEdit and get used to using that tool, it's invaluable.

I used to merge patches' date=' but I stopped when Prideslayer asked me to.

But I was using Wrye.

I know how to do some inspection in FNVEdit but I do not know how to get FNVEdit to repair or merge.

[/quote']

I would agree though, you shouldn't use wrye to patch for most esm's. With FNVEdit you can target the merge precisely. The simplest method is to highlight two plugins and then right click and choose create merged patch. The other way is copy each record that needs patching as an override to a new esp named "merged patch.esp" or whatever you want to name it. Then you can drag and drop record entries from each record view from the left entries (conflicting mod record entries) to the rightmost entry (the merged patch entry for that record). It's tedious (especially if you merge lings and mikoto for example with hair lists) but it works well. You can drag and drop most entire record entries. FNVEdit does have a tendency to crash or error out when trying to drag and drop a very long landscape or mavmesh record though.

I'd forgotten some of them were in there and why I did them, can remove half of them in the next update. None of them are showstoppers anyway and shouldn't cause any grief if overridden or not. I think it was mainly to make them playable for the player to allow testing they looked ok.

Sexout.esm's modifications are due to the creatures being added to a new faction that is no longer used, and those changes will be removed before long.

As for putting such changes in another esp or esm -- no, that won't work, nor would their be any point to doing so. Doing that would only lead to the changes being possibly loaded in the wrong order, not applied at all, and so on -- none of which is desirable if the change is actually required for the mod to function, and that is the only kind of change I make.

Archived