[REQ] Death Chamber

scruffylovin

Seeing if any modders are interested in creating a Dwemer death chamber. The idea is simple. A chamber where an  NPC can be led or placed into.  Once a lever on the outside of the machine is pulled a gate comes down. There would be multiple options for ways to either kill, or transform the NPC. You could incinerate them, freeze them, or butcher them. If you butcher them remove all items and place into chest in side of machine. Have another smaller gate on side of machine slide open for your cannibal character to retrieve their butchered meat. Chamber when opened should have a pile of bones on the floor, another lever could be added to open the bottom of chamber and dump bones. Regardless of how NPC dies have a spot on machine that will spawn a filled black soul gem after npc is killed. As far as transformations go. Well, I leave whether or not to add that or what to add up to the discretion of the modder.

Does anyone know of an "Idiot's" guide to modding. Basics from scripting to everything. I always see guides that start with the basic "Hello World," and a few other examples but they all either seem to make leaps in what they cover, or they just don't explain how things work together. I am really a noob. I have done some coding in other programs, but figuring out all the different functions and what they do, I just can't seem to find it explained in any useful detail to someone with no experience.

Does anyone know of an "Idiot's" guide to modding. Basics from scripting to everything. I always see guides that start with the basic "Hello World," and a few other examples but they all either seem to make leaps in what they cover, or they just don't explain how things work together. I am really a noob. I have done some coding in other programs, but figuring out all the different functions and what they do, I just can't seem to find it explained in any useful detail to someone with no experience.

Coding is relatively easy... i have only 6 monts of exeprience inf this.

For your project, you should refer to what I made for Ravenous... in the meat slave management quest, you can made them following you, you can store them in ZAZ devices, and you can pick one for roasting him alive...

Your death chamber will work on the same principe, except you will have différent scenes for killing the NPC, depends of your choice (choice could be made by a trigger box, or by dialogue with an NPC).

The key is aliases and packages linked to them.

You could incinerate them

Easy : just a cage and the dwemer trap

, freeze them,

Idem

or butcher them.

Report to Ravenous.

If you butcher them remove all items and place into chest in side of machine.

Easy; use q script like this this :

Function TakePlayerItems()

playerref.RemoveAllItems(alias_playeritemchest.getreference(), true, true)

Endfunction

Have another smaller gate on side of machine slide open for your cannibal character to retrieve their butchered meat.

Create a meat item. Place a marker in furnace your smaller gate. At the end of scene, disable the NPC, and use Marker.placeatme(meat, number)

Chamber when opened should have a pile of bones on the floor,

Idem. Pick the clutter meshes of Ravenous (tehy are extracted from skyrim meshes.bsa), and use them to made your miscitems (bloodybones cant be call by scripts, misc items yes, so you will need to made your bloody bones misc items).

another lever could be added to open the bottom of chamber and dump bones.

Easy. Just a door and lever linked to her.

Regardless of how NPC dies have a spot on machine that will spawn a filled black soul gem after npc is killed

Easy. Just place a playerref.additem(filledblackgem) or something like that.

Dont forget to disable the dead NPC and to send his body to the WIcleanbodies cell.

Archived