[Discontinued] Dynamic Underwear System

View File

Description

Dynamic Underwear System (also referred as DUS) changes the way that underwear items work in Oblivion. When a shirt or trousers are taken off, your character or any other NPC will have their underwear equipped instead of going commando.

Screenshots in download page - NSFW!

Details

DUS keeps track on the player and surrounding NPCs for any changes in their appearance. If a shirt was removed, an underwear item will take it's place if found from the inventory. A dynamic distribution system is also included that will aim to give everyone around you at least something to wear the very first time they are detected.

An "underwear item" is defined by a simple "(underwear)"-tag in its name. This means that DUS can easily handle basically any clothing item as underwear while that item doesn't need to be dependent of this mod at all. This makes it very compatible with any clothing or armor mod out there and maybe can even used to give some "extra functionality". However, if those items are wanted to automatically appear on NPCs, they must be set up appropriately.

Requirements

Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) - http://obse.silverlock.org/

For underwear models

Universal Skeleton - http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37596/? (for some underwear models)
Roberts Male Body - http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40532/?
One of these:

...nude versions obviously.

Recommended

Seamless Equipment - http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45855/?

Install

Manual

See below.

Wrye Bash

The archive is BAIN-formated. Numbers represent categories, SE means seamless equipment version.

OBMM

Create mod and add archive. Load omod convertion data and activate.

Uninstall

Please use your mod organizer if you used one when installing. To uninstall this mod manually, remove the following files or folders:
Data\Dynamic Underwear System.esm
Data\Mod Settings\Dynamic Underwear System\

Functionality with other mods

DUS includes an expandable exception system to prevent any underwear from popping when you don't want it. First of all, there is an exception token that will prevent any actions being made to a given person if found from the inventory. Secondly, a token of some sort from any other mod can be used for the same effect.

Some mods are even natively supported (outdated):
- Lovers with PK
- Lovers MB2
- Player Slave Encountes (not tested)

Known issues or bugs

None at the moment

Credits

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
Thanks to the authors of Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) and their contributors
Thanks to shadeMe for the Construction Set Extender
Thanks to LHammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
Thanks to Comrade Fienyx for tweaks and ideas

HGEC underwear items are work of Exnem, RAIAR, MadCat221, coronerra, Saaya, Dryad & stricken618.
Robert's underwear items are work of Robert himself.
TGND underwear items are work of Luchaire, Kalia, Sickleyield, Kristoffer & alt3rn1ty.
All seammended versions of equipment are work of junkacc.
Generic ground model used by this mod is made by Nessa.

Licensing/Legal

I don't care what you do with the main mod. However, most of the assets included here are work of others, for which you must follow their own licenses.
I tried to make sure that I'm allowed to upload all content here but in the case that I messed up, please inform me so that I can remove violating content.

Plugins

Female Underwear Pack

Dynamic Underwear System -
Female Underwear Pack

This underwear pack includes the following clothes for female:
- 24 upper body items (14 standard, 10 elegant)
- 27 lower body items (17 standard, 10 elegant)
Body options:
- TGND Standard

Credits:
Underwear from from "Lingerie and Underwear for TGND" - http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33113/?
Thanks to NPR, Tona, Growlf, DFSL and Myrim for original models & textures
Thanks to Luchaire for the conversions to TGND body
Thanks to Nessa for underwear icons and a ground mesh. These assets from "TGND Nessa Stores" - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15806-tgnd-nessa-stores/
File included in the main download section.

Nice, no more always going commando. Really hope you get the NPCs wearing too. ;)

Edit: After a few moments, I return with a pair of boxers for the gents.

I'm going to look for more decent looking male undies, then will set them for your system.

Looking forward to the updates you plan.

Thank you for the feedback!

I have already written the NPC part to kinda work. It required more work than I thought to make the transitions between different equipment states work as seamlessly as possible. My current problem now is the distribution of items, though; it's hard to find out the right conditions to give new equipment to a recently appeared NPC rather than re-equipping one that you already have looted.

I'm thinking about using leveled lists to make items "naturally" appear in the world, though I'm quite unfamiliar with them and don't know how it would work with NPCs from other mods. Adding items with OBSE functions to already existing lists could maybe work.

Looking forward to to the modifications, unfortunately I'm not good at script work, but have an understanding. For the unequipping for lovers, probably would use "if ismodloaded" to check for loverspk, loversmb, loversrapers, and possibly pse and lst. Then when their animations play, call your unequip lower script.

On a side note, I will be adding a few more underwear for males and uploading the new file sometime this coming week.

Looking forward to to the modifications, unfortunately I'm not good at script work, but have an understanding. For the unequipping for lovers, probably would use "if ismodloaded" to check for loverspk, loversmb, loversrapers, and possibly pse and lst. Then when their animations play, call your unequip lower script.

On a side note, I will be adding a few more underwear for males and uploading the new file sometime this coming week.

I'm not yet going for any lovers stuff. When the time comes though, I will look through the code to see how things work. I also guess that Movomo's Loversjoystick plugin for SetBody might also give some insight.

I thank you for contributing to this mod with some male underwear, but please don't make anything too big yet. The NPC underwear mechanics have turned out to be so fundamentaly different from how things work with the PC that those scripts have become more "checkmarks" than anything else. I'm thinking about removing them completely and using tags in the item names instead:

For example, let's say we have an item called "Pretty bra". Instead of attaching a script, it could be renamed to "Pretty bra (underwear*)". Player equipping could be handled with a menumode script. This might even be required, as I happened to read someone claiming that items with scripts attached to them will cause save data bloating. If that is true, it is an issue otherwise.

*I'm not yet sure if I can distinguish between upperbody and lowerbody items. If not, I must then simply use words like "bra", "pants" etc. I just fear conflicts if some other items happend to have that word included in it's name. Any suggestions?

Well, I wasn't really impressed with other male undies I found. I think I'm just gonna keep the one pair. Had a thought too, which would end up being another complication with the npcs. I use basic personal hygiene, along with a plugin I made for that mod that adds toilets and tubs to the inns. So being the only one wearing undies is fine for me. Love the immersion it adds. Thank you.

Yes, I managed to get things working without any scripts being attached to the items! Furthermore, there actually seems to be a function to answer my earlier concern. Therefore any items meant to work with Dynamic Underwear System in the future should have their names (NOT editor IDs) appended with "(Underwear)" and no scripts at all.

The new version should be ready to upload within a day.

Well, I wasn't really impressed with other male undies I found. I think I'm just gonna keep the one pair. Had a thought too, which would end up being another complication with the npcs. I use basic personal hygiene, along with a plugin I made for that mod that adds toilets and tubs to the inns. So being the only one wearing undies is fine for me. Love the immersion it adds. Thank you.

While the PC's body meshes are overriden by the underwear ones, I found the best way to deal with NPCs to just equip them with underwear when necessary if corresponding one was found from their inventory. Should this equipping be prevented in certain conditions, there certainly can be a way to do it. If you can provide me a link to this specific mod, I will try to look into this issue at some point. It sounds similar to the situation with Lovers events.

Giving underwear items to NPCs is my primary focus now, though.

Version 1.1 is now live!

New files are in the download section. To update, simply replace old .esps with these ones.

The next version should have item distribution going on. Before that, please try to kill someone and give them some underwear to see how the mechanic works.

I will check your new version and set the name of the boxers to have the (Underwear). I'm guessing the () are needed? Here's a link to BPH http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/42038/?

Yes, brackets are required.

Too bad if there isn't too many male equipment, let's home some modelers get motivation from this mod. Before that, Robert's male body replacer does seem to have atleast few decent meshes. They just need to be attached to an object.

I can 2 or 3 more pairs that were ok. The rest look rather feminine for shape. Like someone took female undies and put a male lower body mesh in them. I think boxer style would be better for males. Maybe I can whip up some different textures to add variaty. Will work on it. It's too bad most clothing items are modded for female characters. I'll also take a look at your unequip script and see about making it get used for BPH.

Edit: As far as lovers goes, for males the underwear unequip because the lower body changes, then the get put back on after sex. Haven't gotten to test if slavery will remove them or if slaves will be just down to undies. Will let you know soon as I can test. Had to re-do my game. I'm horrible for testing all sorts of mods, ended up testing and removing something that basically destroyed the functionality of certain parts of the world. So many mods, so little time, lol.

Ok, I killed a guy and removed his pants (how odd) and his undies were there. I used creatfullactorcopy, so not sure if a regular npc will have the remove top/bottom items, but it works. 

Also thinking, item distribution would probably be easier done in the patch by adding to leveled lists. I have 8 pairs of male undies now, one added to a store in each city, and it does a gender check, so only male PCs will be given a free pair at game start.

Going to figure out the leveled list thing and make an underwear mod for hgec, add them to stores, and, hopefully, I can figure the leveled list thing out. 

It didn't take too much time to ditch leveled lists completely. By studying LPK I learned about inventory tokens invisible to the player. Far more easier and effective to handle stuff with scripts and use these to detect if something was already given. Test results are positive, I just need to properly write everything.

Sweet. Damn my ocd. Now it's naggin at me for the realism. I have my game set for realism and immersion, once I'm fully awake, I'll get on my computer and get those male undies up. It's 8 pair total, 4 boxers, 4 briefs. I will also look for a decent set for hgec. What I found so far doesn't have any _gnd.nif.

Robert's Male Bodies  DUS1.3 

Edit: Here's the male undies. 8 colors, boxers, briefs, tighties. Male players are given a pair on game start, and may buy more throughout the cities. Covers Roberts Male - Average, Belly, Boy, Boy Athletic, Bulky, Heavy Muscular, Muscular, Muscular Athletic, Scrawny, SLAth 

RM Underwear-DUS.7z

HGEC Bodies  DUS1.3

Edit: Here's Female undies. 10 pair, mix or match panties and bras. Female players are given a matching set on game start and can buy more throughout the cities. HGEC  A, AA, B, C, D, E, H Cup sizes and Normal, Large and Extra Large bottoms

BrasAndPantiesHGEC-DUS.7z

Basic Personal Hygiene Patch

Who wants to bath in their undies?  No soggy drawers! (only works for player)

Thanks again for devoting to this mod! Your help is highly appreciated as I personally suck in everything but scripting.

Everything is currently working, but the code still needs a lot of polishing. I will propably skip some optimization to get the basic system running as soon as possible (which might take few days though, I'm a bit busy).

What I found out was that OBSE has functions to use leveled lists with. Therefore using leveled lists to categorize items and scripts to distribute them might be the way to go, as one could build a bashed patch to easily combine different underwear mods without the DUS having to do some random dark magic. How this would actually work is to have the actual lists in DUS main file and then just add items to them in other plugins. No need to give these lists to anyone, the script would do this instead.

As far as these list would go, I think I'd make total of twelve. Both genders need one, also both upper and lower bodies. I'd also add three categories for each item type called "lowerclass" (0-1), "middleclass" (2-5) and "upperclass" (5+) - where the numbers in parenthesis would be the gold amount in that NPC's pocket required for that class upon equipping the underwear. This way a beggar would always have more crude underwear than a rich one (if he/she can actually affort any underwear in the first place ;)).

The gold amount might need some adjusting but the initial test results were good. These amounts does differ greatly from LL0NCPGold~~Class leveled lists in the game but this seemed to be enough to add a decent amount of variety.

Well, glad to hear you can do the script work, as scripting is damn near a foreign language to me. The mos I really do with scripts is add stuff directly to players, or anything simple like that. Playing with meshes and textures (not creating them) is mostly what I do.  

It's fun learning this stuff though.

Version 1.2 is now live...

...and NPCs will now be equipped with underwear! That is, if you have right plugins installed. I updated the patch for TGND underwear to get few items already appear. The next goal is to actually start making some underwear packs for this mod, in which has already been incredibly helpful.

To make your items appear in the game, they have to be added into DUS's leveled lists. There are total of twelve, which are described in my earlier post. I hope that the current "patch file" in the downloads section can give enough clue how this is actually done for now.

Next I will make an actual pack of underwear for the TGND body, hopefully more will follow.

Just tested slavery, at least having npc enslave me. Undies stay on, which if fine since they come off for sex. Slaves walking around in their skivvies and shackles, lol.

So the the underwear didn't appear during the sex? It will probably have something to do with "mesh equipping" on males, but I doubt it would also work with females (or a female PC). I might take a look at this at some point, but now this mod requires more underwear.

BoxersOrBriefs  and BrasAndPanties are now updated to the DUS 1.2 

Have to make a quick fix to BrasAndPanties,  will be back up shortly

Edit: Not exactly sure what's wrong, but the meshes I had were bad. Tested them by temporsrely replacing them as female upper/lowerbody, the body part shows, but the undies don't....... Also double checked by using the tgnd undies and patch, those worked in my game, lower body looks the same as what I have for the most part, but not an E-cup. All mesh and texture paths were set properly.

Will look for some meshes that don't have this issue and get a new set made.

Edit: I was wrong. I feel like twit, I forgot the _n textures files. BrasAndPanties have been fixed. 

Just tested female character with lovers, undies don't come off for sex. May I make a suggestion for when you patch this? See If just the lower can come off for rape with a random chance of the upper, and both come off for consensual.

I am going to be looking into making a patch for basic personal hygiene to unequip the lower for toilets and outhouses, and unequip both for bathtubs. 

Edit: Got the BPH patch made and play tested. Works for the pc but not npcs. I'll see if I can get that to work. I put it with the other DUS stuff I got done.

Ok, I can't figure out how to get npcs to remove their underwear. I have also run into a few other issues, nothing wrong with this mod, just how it works with others. Mainly with lovers and tamago, along with any other mod that will alter the upper and/or lower body meshes. If you can figure out how to make npcs remove their underwear, that would go a long way in being able to make patches for such mods. Then the only issue will be with tamago. It breaks the realism when a pregnant npc removes the clothing that shows she's pregnant, and BAM!, she' not looking pregnant anymore. Aside from that, this is a great system, that, with a few more tweaks will be superb in adding immersion and realism. I'm glad I was able to help, and once there's a way to have npcs remove underwear items for certain actions, I will gladly update the BPH-DUS Patch. I'm not really expecting to see pregnant underwear meshes anytime soon, but if that happens, I will gladly put this back into my LO. 

Looking forward to future updates. Keep up the good work. For now, everyone in Tameriel will go commando. :)

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this. 

Edit: Had a thought for Tamago. If you could do a check for is pregnant, no undies. Just a thought.

The "problem" is here because it is exactly how DUS is suppesed to work. That is, if nothing else is worn, equip underwear. To make it compatible with e.g. BPH, there needs to be a way to prevent DUS from doing it's stuff in under certain condition(s). This condition could be another token in actor's inventory, or something totally different. How this condition should be checked, I'm not sure yet.

About Tamago, how is the pregnant status detected? Is it a token in one's inventory or something else? I will explore this possibility when I can, but first there should be an universal way to add exections to prevent DUS from equipping people. I don't want any plugin to directly alter DUS's scripts as this would make any version updates very inpractical later on.

I was thinking something on the order of a token. Maybe something kind of like the unequip top/bottom that the player gets. Then that could "equipped" for the action (ie: using toilet could equip/unequip the new bottom token/clothing item) then unequip it when the action is done. That way, the plugin for said mod (ie: my BPH-DUS Patch) doesn't alter any DUS script, just uses whats already there. Same way would work for lovers and tamago. I think lovers adds and resmove sex/rape clothing items that are just used for count. Not really sure how tamago does it, but 2 new scripted items would probably do the trick for patch making.

As I said, your mod is wonderful and works as it should. Just a little tweak for easy compatibility patches = perfection. :)

Also, just a thought, how would you feel about making DUS and esm, then the patches, underwear packs, and any future undergarment mods would use it as a master?