SexLab Animation Speed Control

Bad papyrus configuration in INI can also cause this, usually the CPU time per script is limited, so if one script is taking too long it will be suspended to let others run, but if your INI settings allow a lot of CPU time to one script then the whole papyrus engine becomes lagged and can cause descyned animations. If you are using default settings then it should be okay though. I haven't noticed any such problem.

I hope support for this is still ongoing, and sorry to necro this thread :s

I'd love to get into this mod more, but being one who plays with a controller, the hotkeys don't work/cannot be set with a separate keyboard.  Sexlab is able to handle multiple input devices it seems, as the hotkeys can be adjusted to both controller buttons and keyboard functions.

I'm just curious if there's any way to make this mod work with a controller + keyboard setup, and if there is, either to direct me what to do to make that happen, or perhaps consider adding that functionality to this mod if it's beyond my control.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a "feature".

I noticed that after a sex act--and adjusting the speed upwards with the hotkey I set--the speed adjustment was still applied and made the WALK animation faster. The distance covered is not increased, just the animation. The moment I realized it was doing this, I went back and used this "feature" to perfectly scale step-length, distance traveled AND the appropriate leg-swing speed. The animation speed is what was out of sync with distance traveled, and this fixes that.

I know this probably wasn't intended, but it actually allows for more realistic walking. While I don't use them, the "Cat-Walk" and "Runway Model" mods could benefit greatly from such adjustments.

A function for two more hotkeys--Save current Speed, and Load Saved Speed--would allow the user to adjust the saved speed for walking, while still being able to adjust speeds for sex acts. Simply hit the Load key after sex and it reverts back to the ideal speed setting for your chosen walking animation.

Anyway, thanks for the effort! Nice mod!

I did some further testing with this mod and have come to a simple conclusion--Pure Awesome.

I discovered that the hotkeys are LIVE--at all times--and can thus be used to slow/speed ANY animation that involves the player character. Walking running, drinking, casting, sex (obviously), feeding, etc. But, by far the biggest advantage to this is the combined use of this mod and the DANCE mods. You can use this mod to time the choreography of any of the dances with any music, turn fast dances into slow, sexy dances with the push of a button.

I've been messing around with Dance Together and this mod, and the speed control is flawless with one caveat--the player has to be one of the dancers. Minor tradeoff. I'm sure that there are more applications of this mod that haven't even occured to me. Hell, this and the "Art of Fishing" and you have a fly-fisherman's cast instead of the shore-plunker animation that mod normally plays.

Again, I can only suggest one improvement, the inclusion of a save/load hotkey to instantly bring the user to a prescribed speed, primarily so that the proper walking speed is set quickly and easily.

This mod should really be released to wider modding community for the reasons I just mentioned--it is an awesome mod that applies to far more than just sex animations.

Again, Kudos for awesomeness.

:cool:

There are two components of mod, one is the MCM part and adds hotkeys, and the other is plugin. Any mod author can use the plugin to change animation speed of any actor in game separately however they want from scripts. It is very possible to make the save and load hotkey. If you are a mod author open the PSC file of the plugin to see usage of the papyrus functions.

Well, I've tried to make my own variable inside the SLSpeedRef script. It seemed easy enough and testing values with Debug.Notification(someinternalvariable) works quite well. But when i try to transform my local variable into a Global one, the SetValue and GetValue refuse to work (always show zero). When I paste the same code in the SLSpeedMCM file, it works fine in all events. And yes, the GobalVariable is linked correctly in CK. Any ideas? 

I have a few questions.

Does the speed modifier changes the entire set of animations or just a single stage?

As in if I speed up for example the Missionary. All their stages will be speed up or just the actual Animation Stage I was while I clicked to speed up?

Also is there a way to know if I already speed up / down an animation? (Or it's still the default speed) That is considering that the speed modifier effect stays after the animations ends.

Thanks in advance!

The plugins changes the full speed of all possible animations that are played by the actor where the function is applied.

In the example mod using the plugin, the author register the previous value, and set revert it to the basic when the animation is done.

For @Grine I did a proof of concept of a SexLab mini-game, where the two actors were running the animations, one constantly changing the speed.

The player had to tweak its speed (with a couple of hot keys) to match the other speed.

Ask @Grine if he/she will share this mod.

I also found a way to make the animation speed go negative (backwards) if that helps, haven't had time to update plugin with this but it's a simple change and if someone needs it for their mod I can do it. Also getting current speed should have been added, I didn't think of it at the time but it makes sense to have that function, this again is very easy to add. I checked a bit further and unfortunately I didn't find any way to check where the animation is currently (how many frames it has played or something like that), it would be possible to measure this though, for example add a hook in SendAnimationEvent and when actor starts new animation clear the timer, then measure how many seconds the animation has actually played (modified by our speed change), this could be used to limit how far an animation could play etc.

If this works you are my personal hero. Brb, gonna test it

Sweet Mother Dibella, my hero too!  :heart: 

So glad to have slow, sensuous sex instead of always emulating rabbit sex. Downloading and installing this NAOW!

The only thing that would make it better in my opinion (having not yet played it) would be a "global default" speed setting in MCM so I could set it at, for example, 75% in MCM and have ALL Sex animations play at that speed, and still be adjustable by hotkeys during the animation. If that kind of global setting is in it now, I didn't see it in the description- just hotkeys, stage-by-stage.

Anyway, thanks again for this!

Updated to version 2.

• Added default speed like Vyxenne said.
  • Animations can go negative speed (reverse).
  • For modders added these papyrus commands:
  • GetAnimationSpeed - gets current or "target" speed.
  • GetAnimationEventName - gets the last animation event name that was sent to actor.
  • GetAnimationEventElapsed - gets the time delta of how much actor animation graph has been updated since last animation event (scaled by our modifiers).
  • WarpAnimation - jumps animation forward or backward by given delta amount.
I didn't test the papyrus commands, if you find problems let me know.

Added update 3 (plugin only). Made a dumb mistake I forgot to add 1 part of code, so GetAnimationEventName and GetAnimationEventElapsed papyrus functions weren't working. Now it should work maybe.

No need to update from 2 to 3 for regular users, there is no mod right now that I know of that uses those two functions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for adding default speed adjustment!  :heart:  I d/l and installed version 2 of one and Version 3 of the other (both showing as latest versions when I d/l them) but ran into a couple of problems:

1. The MCM lets me set an 'Accelerate (Capped)' hotkey, but not a 'Decelerate (Capped)' hotkey. When I try, the setting popup window opens, and I press my desired key, but then after it closes the hotkey is still shown as [Esc] as it was before I tried to set it. I had no problems setting hotkeys with the previously-installed version 1 files.
  2. The default speed shows as '100%' until you try to change it, at which point the popup setting window shows '1' and the only other option is '0'. Regardless of which one I select, the speed remains at 100%.

As info, I'm using an Xbox360 controller, successfully assigning [RB] to accelerate and trying unsuccessfully to assign [LB] to Decelerate. Also, I'm using SkyUI 5.1.

I'm going to revert to the Version 1 files because at least it lets me set decelerate hotkeys.

Thanks again for doing this!

• 5 weeks later...