New Help Getting Back Into Skyrim

It has been approximately 9 months since I last played Skyrim, and I have decided I want to resume playing.  However, I also want to rebuild my load order from scratch.  If anyone has any suggestions for mods that I have missed and any tutorials related to plugin merging, installation of skeletons, etc, I would greatly appreciate such information.  I have lost all of my knowledge in this area, and I don't know where to find the information I need.

Thanks!  I stopped playing when I got my new computer, since I now have 3 separate drives, including my old one, but the file paths and working out some file issues caused me to drop the game at the time.  I'll check it out, at least as a good place to start. :D

I've started doing this, but I am still having trouble with the syntax of it all, so to speak.  I am also looking to add new lands to my game, as well as dungeons.  However, I will prioritize the guide first.  On another note, I want to find lore-friendly-ish armor and weapons, but I may still use the merged plugins I had made with about 40 total, if I recall correctly.  I also had ~210 mods active otherwise, including some of those on the guide, so sorting them to use or not will probably take me a while.

I've started doing this, but I am still having trouble with the syntax of it all, so to speak.  I am also looking to add new lands to my game, as well as dungeons.  However, I will prioritize the guide first.  On another note, I want to find lore-friendly-ish armor and weapons, but I may still use the merged plugins I had made with about 40 total, if I recall correctly.  I also had ~210 mods active otherwise, including some of those on the guide, so sorting them to use or not will probably take me a while.

Always best to get a solid, stable "vanilla" game cleaned, patched and running smoothly before getting into the heavy content mods. Make it easier to identify the sources of problems when they arise.

For weapons and armor Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons are most likely what you are looking for, or at least a good start.

Always best to get a solid, stable "vanilla" game cleaned, patched and running smoothly before getting into the heavy content mods. Make it easier to identify the sources of problems when they arise.

For weapons and armor Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons are most likely what you are looking for, or at least a good start.

If he's following my guide, phases 1-3 are all about fixing bugs and setting your system up to run Skyrim. Phase 9 is all about post install bug fixing. 

My guide isn't just a "Oh look here are some pretty mods". It's all about making your game beautiful, feature filled, and MOST importantly, stable. 

Ok, so I have done most of the guide, with definite exception for a large number of texture replacers, as well as Wrye Bash, since the plugins mentioned didn't show up in Wrye Bash.  Any more ideas, anyone and everyone?

UPDATE: I figured out that I needed to launch Wrye Bashe in MO, as well as how to actually do this.  I feel silly. :P

The thing to remember about MO is that it's installing your mods in a virtual file system, not to your Data folder. This means that applications expecting to find mod files in Data will report errors or just not function as expected.

These are instructions for getting FNIS to work through MO.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Bodyslide so I'm not sure about any additional steps.

From a STEP forum post:

1. Download, install, and enable BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio in Mod Organizer (you will have to ignore the warning that comes up, and you can get rid of the red X by right-clicking and selecting "ignore missing data"). 2. Add to the executables list. 3. Install and enable any addons. 4. Run as normal. Any generated content shall go inside Overwrite (unless something gets written directly to file).

When you install using Mod Organizer you have to be careful about where you install things.

Applications like BodySlide, Wrye Bash, TES5Edit, etc are configured via the gears button.

When you install mods you have to make sure they wind up getting loaded properly because you can mistakenly put meshes in the top folder or other problems.

To me it sounds like Sailing Rebel has diagnosed your problems.

It became apparent that I don't have the knowledge necessary to operate MO properly, so I have deleted my Data folder and will start over with NMM.

With MO you never have to delete your data folder, because your ACTUAL data folder is never touched. 

One of the many benefits to MO. If you want to play vanilla with no mods, you just launch through Steam instead of MO. 

Gopher does an EXCELLENT set of tutorials on MO on Youtube. Stick with MO, and watch them. 

Yes. They are lengthy, but by the time you are done you will be a pro.

It became apparent that I don't have the knowledge necessary to operate MO properly, so I have deleted my Data folder and will start over with NMM.

With MO you never have to delete your data folder, because your ACTUAL data folder is never touched. 

One of the many benefits to MO. If you want to play vanilla with no mods, you just launch through Steam instead of MO. 

Gopher does an EXCELLENT set of tutorials on MO on Youtube. Stick with MO, and watch them. 

True, it is one the great benefits of MO, not touching the data folder. Never again i touch NMM :D

Well, how I am going to do this once I start again tomorrow is I am going to at least get the game as I had it, just using NMM, then I will probably try and do it over with MO afterwards, so at least I will have something playable.  I will definitely have to check out the tutorials, so thanks for telling me about them.  Again, thank you everyone for helping me out here.

Well, how I am going to do this once I start again tomorrow is I am going to at least get the game as I had it, just using NMM, then I will probably try and do it over with MO afterwards, so at least I will have something playable.  I will definitely have to check out the tutorials, so thanks for telling me about them.  Again, thank you everyone for helping me out here.

Just a tip: It is NEVER a good idea to use NMM and MO both on the same install. NEVER a good idea. That's just asking for a broken game.

Ok, I've decided that this is the best course of action, and I will probably be spending a lot of time going back and forth between installations and the videos.  Will update on progress later.

Completely restarting, going to be doing EVERYTHING over, but only getting the reinstall going tonight.  Will resume tomorrow.

UPDATE: I think I found where I messed up.  It would seem that I didn't do the whole "Set as data..." thing when I installed FNIS, because when I did so this time and ran it, many more animations were found.  Still in Phase 6; will update again once I have finished.

OK, so now my only problem is launching the game.  I am getting error code 5 when I run SKSE through MO.  How should I fix this?

Hmm. Most likely, Steam isn't recognizing that install as a "Steam" install. Tell Steam to install Skyrim to that location, and try again after it completes.

EDIT: Do not verify file integrity, especially if you've moved your Skyrim install. 

When the process is complete, run SkyrimLauncher.exe WITHOUT MO, so the system knows where Skyrim is installed.