View File

This is a very simple mod that replaces various predatory animals throughout skyrim with humans in various states of dress. The animals that are replaced include wolves, ice wolves, bears, cave bears, snow bears, sabrecats, snowy sabrecats, trolls, and frost trolls. The humans that replaced them should belong to exactly the same factions as the creature they replace, minus the creature faction, and should therefore should not cause issues. They should also still drop the items the creatures carried, as well as their gear. They are hopefully about the same level of challenge as well.

I made it primarily because I got sick of fighting wolves over and over again. Now I get to fight escaped slavegirls instead. While this mod was intended to be used with mods like CBBE, sexlab, sexlab defeat, ect, it does not require any of those things.

Ideas for similar mods:
Male Version: done
Both Genders Version: done
Replace predators with horses, cows, and other non-hostile animals: not done
Change some of the enemies to mutes, or have them make animal noises: not done

Known issues:
This mod should not cause any issues by itself. It may increase demand on the system if humans are more difficult to load than the creatures they replace, however, and my game did crash once on encountering a 20+ sized wolf pack. I was using other mods to increase the number of enemies at the time, and the "wolves" had weapons and armor then, and no longer do, so I'm not sure if that same scenario would be a problem anymore. Most of you probably have better computers than me as well, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Since this mod replaces various creatures, it will conflict with other mods that also do that.
If another mod changes the spawn points to it's own custom made spawn points, this mod may not work.

This mod has no requirements other than skyrim.

Versions:
Animal Replacer: Replaces animals with humans of both genders.
Animal Replacer F: Replaces animals with female humans.
Animal Replacer M: Replaces animals with male humans.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/12/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Well...since you clearly know how to do this (and I have some vague idea since I've edited formlists in FONV/GECK but I'm not sure) is there any chance you'd whip up the following:

1) A mod that does the same but replaces the animals with dudes.  (For those using Defeat/Submit and a female toon)

2) A mod that replaces hostile animals with non-hostile animals (lots of horses, cows, whatever other animals are non-hostile).  This would be useful with something like Aroused Creatures.  Alternatively, just a mod that makes them all non-hostile by default (I've always assumed you could add the player to AnimalFaction or something and this would just happen, but I'm not sure.  If that would work someone say so, please.)

Great idea - I get tired of killing wilves too!

However, in my game, wolves etc have disppeared, but no sign of the girls!!!

I'm having the same issue as raycorn above, there are now no wolves but haven't seen any women either.

I'm seeing plenty of other creatures so I suspect this is clashing with the Monster Mod.

I'm not sure what would cause this, and I suspect that jordisslave is correct that other mods are overriding it.  If no predatory animals were going to spawn anyway, the women shouldn't spawn either.  That said, if you had animals before the mod, and now you have nothing instead, then something odd is happening.  Raycorn, do you also have some other mod that replaces things?

If you are using mod organizer you can see if it is being overridden in the load order.

Well...since you clearly know how to do this (and I have some vague idea since I've edited formlists in FONV/GECK but I'm not sure) is there any chance you'd whip up the following:

1) A mod that does the same but replaces the animals with dudes.  (For those using Defeat/Submit and a female toon)

2) A mod that replaces hostile animals with non-hostile animals (lots of horses, cows, whatever other animals are non-hostile).  This would be useful with something like Aroused Creatures.  Alternatively, just a mod that makes them all non-hostile by default (I've always assumed you could add the player to AnimalFaction or something and this would just happen, but I'm not sure.  If that would work someone say so, please.)

I was expecting someone to ask me to do the first thing, and was planning on doing it if someone asked, so I'll go ahead and make that now.

I COULD make the second one, but I'm not sure it would work very well.  All the non-hostile animals besides foxes and rabbits seem to have ais that make them go to certain locations like farms.  There are no wild horses or cows in skyrim that I'm aware of.  I think i could get it to spawn them in "horse packs" instead of wolves, but they might just sit there doing nothing, or they might ALL go to the nearest stable.  I don't know what they'd do.  I'm not into that sorta thing but if you REALLY want me to I'll make it.  I am kinda curious how they'd behave now.

Although I haven't seen any of them yet will these characters have the usual taunts that are shouted during combat? Don't know if you can do it but if they were mute they'd be good as wild men and women, something that's a bit lacking when forsworn shout at you in the same voices as imperials.

Would like something that spawns more peaceful animals, I worry about the ecology of Skyrim when there seem to five wolves, two sabre cats to every goat or elk!

Ok so I created a new version that spawns males, called Animal ReplacerM1.1, by request.  I also created a version that has males and females equally, which is now my original file, called Animal Replacer1.1.  THE VERSION THAT SPAWNS FEMALES HAS BEEN CHANGED TO: Animal ReplacerF1.1.

Some of the leveled lists were empty by mistake in the original version, and several of the enemies have been modified to be better.  This basically means some of the monster were simply not spawning, instead of being replaced.  I highly suggest switching to version 1.1.

This mod uses no scripts, so switching versions should be as simple as replacing the file.

Great idea - I get tired of killing wilves too!

However, in my game, wolves etc have disppeared, but no sign of the girls!!!

I'm having the same issue as raycorn above, there are now no wolves but haven't seen any women either.

I'm seeing plenty of other creatures so I suspect this is clashing with the Monster Mod.

Ok so I realized that creation kit can see all of my mods, even if I don't check them to load.  Under the premise that this might be adding additional requirements to the mod, I created a new profile with no mods in it.  Creation kit now cannot detect my mods EXCEPT for the expansions, even though I unchecked those as well.  If creation kit was adding my other mods as requirements as a result of this, that issue has been fixed, but the mod might require the expansions.  This whole change may have accomplished nothing though, since it may never have been a problem.

In addition, I realized that several creatures were not in the leveled lists at all.  This resulted in cave bears for instance not spawning, and not being replaced.  I fixed that, so that might have been your problem. 

Although I haven't seen any of them yet will these characters have the usual taunts that are shouted during combat? Don't know if you can do it but if they were mute they'd be good as wild men and women, something that's a bit lacking when forsworn shout at you in the same voices as imperials.

Would like something that spawns more peaceful animals, I worry about the ecology of Skyrim when there seem to five wolves, two sabre cats to every goat or elk!

These characters should have the usual taunts.  I might consider changing a few of them to mutes, or making animal noises in the future, if I can figure out how to do that. 

Spawning more peaceful animals would involve either replacing hostiles with non-hostiles (wolves with elk), or adding more spawn points for non-hostiles.  I don't know how to mess with spawn points yet.

I tested the Animal Replacer1.1 with no other mods loaded, and discovered that the "wolves" and "trolls" were spawning correctly for me.  However I discovered that the "trolls" were not hostile, so I fixed that and updated.  I checked and none of the other spawns had that problem.  As far as I can tell, the mod should now be working fully as intended, but please tell me if you get any problems with it.  Also please tell me if it appears to be working for you.

All previous versions to 1.2 had some problems that have been resolved.  Please update to 1.2.

Hi, Further to earlier post. I have no other mods that affect creatures. Having been around Skyrim more, I noticed that PIT WOLVES were replaced, but not normal ones. Am using a new character, so haven't yet seen sabre cats etc.

Just down loaded latest (F) version and started a new game with, apart from body/hair mods and Alternate Start, NO OTHER MODS but Animal Repacer.

Two wolves near Riverwood and the one at the start of road from Riverwood to Bleak Falls - Hoorah! Bandit wolves. Also three between Dagonbridge and Bruca's Leap changed to Bandit Wolves.

BUT - tried road from Whiterun to Riften via Darwater Crossing and Shor's Stone, usually a hotbed of wolves. Didn't see a single wolf or bandit wolf !

Strange! Any ideas?

Hi, Further to earlier post. I have no other mods that affect creatures. Having been around Skyrim more, I noticed that PIT WOLVES were replaced, but not normal ones. Am using a new character, so haven't yet seen sabre cats etc.

Just down loaded latest (F) version and started a new game with, apart from body/hair mods and Alternate Start, NO OTHER MODS but Animal Repacer.

Two wolves near Riverwood and the one at the start of road from Riverwood to Bleak Falls - Hoorah! Bandit wolves. Also three between Dagonbridge and Bruca's Leap changed to Bandit Wolves.

BUT - tried road from Whiterun to Riften via Darwater Crossing and Shor's Stone, usually a hotbed of wolves. Didn't see a single wolf or bandit wolf !

Strange! Any ideas?

Thanks for the feedback! After more testing I felt like there was a distinct emptyness to the landscape that looked like more than a coincidence.  I was getting some spawns but not as many as I felt there should have been, just as you described,  So I looked at the leveled lists to see if they were utilizing the lists I made, and discovered that they were not.  So I went through all of the lists i think that mentioned animals and had them directly reference the new actors instead. 

Long story short, I just tested it by going to Riften and running around in the wilderness because I remember there being many animals there.  I'm pretty confident that the issue is fixed now.  Try out 1.3 and tell me if it's working for you!

question I use ASIS for increased spawns.

Will I need to regen the ASIS patch when I install this or will it just increase the spawns of the new "animals"?

I'm not sure to be honest.  I see no reason ASIS shouldn't increase these spawns as well, but you might need to regen the patch for them to be recognized.

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, new version working well. Bandit slaves in all places they should be.

Only issue is with animations - slaves sink into road/bed/floor or whatever!

Excellent!  I'm glad that worked.  As far as them sinking into the floor though I haven't really noticed this, and can't see why that would happen.  However I am well aware of my ability to be wrong about things.  Maybe the point they spawn is low to the ground for animal spawns or something.  Are their animations messing up in other ways, and is this common or rare?

So...first thanks for the male version, works great.

Second, I had another idea, a "less creepy dungeons edition" that replaces Spiders with Draugr (or just Skeletons, but later in the game they'd be too weak) and replaces Chaurus with Falmer (since there's usually plenty of Falmer hanging around most Chaurus anyway.)

So basically replacing the creepier creatures with their human counterparts.

• 8 months later...

Strange o_O Escaped slaves are naked headless bodies stuck in T-pose. Ran FNIS, that didn't solve it.

Edit: If anyone has the same problem, fix in Creation Kit by [cntrl]+F4 after editing the characters AnimalReplacer[etc]!

This exports .nif and .dds files. Also, so many couldn't be edited completely with mismatching body tones, so had to make them pale.