Looking for a female companion...

Hello! I'm hoping somebody can suggest a female companion I could use with my NV character.

I've built him around skills, stealth, stealing, and hacking especially, but he lacks any major combat abilities. I've tried various in game companions that I've encountered, but they all run ahead and just start blasting shit away. They also seem to have terrible sneak (except for Lily, but... yuck).

So I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good down loadable companion? Preferably one with excellent combat skills, stealth, and is a hottie. I've looked at a few on the Nexus, but they didn't seem all that great at stealth, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Guest tomm434

Lunette can be considered good at stealth because she  becomes invisible when you use pipboy and her sneak is always 1000 but she's not good in combat because she doesn't kill.

Meant to swing back in here, but forgot.

Now that it's on my mind, I'll add that while Vanessa is a great shot and a very helpful partner, she bitches about whiskey all the time! Literally, I don't think more than 2 minutes can pass without her complaining about wanting whiskey to drink.

Anytime I check her inventory she has about 8 bottles of it- alcohol I gave her. I also loaded her up on vodka and other alcohol to see if that'd shut her up.

I'm thinking of ditching her, but haven't made up my mind. Andrea is much better company so far, and just as powerful if not more so in a fight. If I have to hear Vanessa sing about whiskey one more time I might just abandon her out in the Mojave the next time she passes out. >:(

Guest endgameaddiction

That's why I always just stuck with ED-E when it came to vanilla companions. Cass and Veronica flap their gums more than they should and it got annoying.

Have you tried Wendy Gilbert? She's a nice companion. Lots of features with her. It's the same author who did Brisa companion for Fallout 3. I just don't remember if Wendy talked too much. But I did enjoy her the most. There's also Bella, but she is kinda over powered. She's very accurate in combat. Not sure about her stealth though.

Both those I mentioned have their own place to live. Both also use vanilla voice acting and dialogues.

Radiation Weapons Kit - Sonia NV Edition by Stirred She is a walking arsenal can kick ass pretty good has tons of weapons and items for sale has challenges has voice has a suit that makes her invisible when squatting. I use this one a lot. http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38048/?

Willow - A Better Companion Experience by llamaRCA and Nivea Has quests has a custom voice and a bunch of other stuff. Use this one a lot as well. http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41779/?

• 4 weeks later...

Meant to swing back in here, but forgot. Oops!

Now that it's on my mind, I'll add that while Vanessa is a great shot and a very helpful partner, she bitches about whiskey all the time! Literally, I don't think more than 2 minutes can pass without her complaining about wanting whiskey to drink.

Anytime I check her inventory she has about 8 bottles of it- alcohol I gave her. I also loaded her up on vodka and other alcohol to see if that'd shut her up.

I'm thinking of ditching her, but haven't made up my mind. Andrea is much better company so far, and just as powerful if not more so in a fight. If I have to hear Vanessa sing about whiskey one more time I might just abandon her out in the Mojave the next time she passes out. > :(

Give Vanessa 15 bottles of whiskey and she will never complain about it again.

This is copied from the mod author in a sticky in the comments.

If she has in her inventory:

Whiskey Bottle = 1 She drinks it with Idle.

Whikey Bottle < 6 She wants whiskey

Whiskey Bottle between >= 6 & < 50 She's quiet about it

Whiskey Bottle >= 50 Good luck

I gave her 15 in my game and she does not complain anymore.She is one of my favorite companions.

Meant to swing back in here, but forgot. Oops!

I'm thinking of ditching her, but haven't made up my mind. Andrea is much better company so far, and just as powerful if not more so in a fight. If I have to hear Vanessa sing about whiskey one more time I might just abandon her out in the Mojave the next time she passes out. > :(

Give Vanessa 15 bottles of whiskey and she will never complain about it again.

This is copied from the mod author in a sticky in the comments.

If she has in her inventory:

Whiskey Bottle = 1 She drinks it with Idle.

Whikey Bottle < 6 She wants whiskey

Whiskey Bottle between >= 6 & < 50 She's quiet about it

Whiskey Bottle >= 50 Good luck

I gave her 15 in my game and she does not complain anymore.She is one of my favorite companions.

Good get. I also ended up doing her quests (which are admittedly pretty funny) and she became considerably less of a drama whore. She's also a real deadly shot now, and gave my courier a drug to enhance his run speed. Now if she'll just drug him and fuck his brains out. :P

I kind of want to give her 50 whiskey bottles now, just to see what happens...

Wendy Gilbert Companion by RickerHK               http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43247/

Wendy has a highly developed tactical command set far beyond what compaions usually have.

Companion wheel will control passive/aggressive as per normal, but in her conversation tactical options she can be commanded to only shoot when shot at, only shoot when wounded, only shoot when the player shoots.  She can also be ordered to remain in ambush and various other things.

Her skills can be permanetly improved by giving her skill-books and magazines and she can receive temporary boosts from magazines.

Her face and hair are also customisable in game through conversation options.

She is a whiny chatterbox though, complaining every time you kill someone. Rather irritating, especially when coming from a former NCR soldier.

I also recommend:

Radiation Weapons Kit - Sonia NV Edition by Stirred         http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38048/

As myuhinny reported her radiation catsuit armour provides a cloaking field when crouched as well as having excellent rad resistance and good DT.  And she can sell you copies of it. 

She also provides free 100% repair, just take back the caps after spending them with her.

However she does have an extremely annoying tendecy to proposition you for sex when you are in the middle of exploring a dangerous area.

And

Willow - A Better Companion Experience by llamaRCA and Nivea    http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41779/

Willow is quite simply the best companion mod there is,. She is extremely well developed with a series of quests; including romance quest and full voice acting.  She isn't the world's best fighter, and her stealth isn't the best, but if you want a companion you can come to love, its Willow.

Various appearance options both on main page and rextexture pages, personally I prefer the original Willow.

Warning:  Don't use the NVWillowsi.esp, it screws with her lovemaking script and makes her start dancing in combat.  Stick to sexout for her.

My experiences with companions in all Bethesda published games (which includes New Vegas even if it was developed by Obsidian) has been I hate them because their A.I. was so unbelievably rudimentary and static. One of the things about the Dragon Age series I loved so much was that you could custom build all of your allies A.I.'s to do exactly what you wanted with customizable triggers. Any allie's health below 50%? Heal them, all allies below 80%? AOE Heal. See that mage? Templar disrupt, archer kill, mage, see those 5 guys standing next to each other? Spell combo.

Meanwhile, Bethesda followers were follow me, stand still, kill on sight, wait until some dumb shit is shooting you before shooting back... injured? I don't understand, oh god I'm dead and you have 50 stim packs on you. Over the course of the past 4 or 5 years modders have been developing more comprehensive Follower mods to help make followers less of a dumb shit. It's actually to the point now I prefer custom followers to use vanilla follower functionality rather than their own personal because the likes of Extensible Follower Framework for Skyrim and what not are better // more customizable than baking a shit ton of scripts into the follower themselves to make them a better mage//thief character.

While all Bethesda games and their associated mods aren't quit to the level of customizability of the FIRST Dragons Age game yet, there are enough compatible companion mods to at least make them better to have along than not.

For New Vegas I use Improved Companion Sandbox and JIP Companions Command and Control.

It helps that I don't want my companions to be super power houses that one shot all my enemies before I even know they are there (I'm looking at you Boone... I'm looking at you), and the games stealth system is so fundamentally flawed that if I am ever in a situation where I do use it, I don't want my companions taking part because they either completely blow it, or it's so ridiculously broken I might as well be god squishing the ants under my thumb, at which point the companions are useless anyway (If you want an example of what I'm talking about, watch the Gopher Let's Play New Vegas on YouTube with his sniper rifle, seriously, the default A.I. is childish).

What really makes or breaks a companion for me is their story and character, is it interesting or funny enough for me to deal with their pathetic A.I., because end of the day, if I want a companion that only slightly irritates the piss out of me and is genuinely helpful, the Improved Eddie that upgrades his plasma rifle and gives him some of the energy weapon perks does a damn fine job of that, and I don't get inundated with inane dialogue.

My 2 cents, sorry if it wasn't what you were looking for.

I really came to appreciate the above mentioned Vanessa. She's funny and - within the possibilities - seems to have her own character.

I never played Willow though because reading her description, she would have possible conflicts with other mods I don't want to go without.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like these two...

Vanessa: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56270/?

Andrea, ARES Model 2.14: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/48621/?

For anyone who's used Andrea, could you tell me how to get the Tecknica Cyberpunk armor to show? I think I'm only missing the Dimonized body type, but the links to it on Nexus seem to be out of date, and any attempt to find it on there yields nothing. I think it may have been taken down but am not sure.

Thanks!

For anyone who's used Andrea, could you tell me how to get the Tecknica Cyberpunk armor to show? I think I'm only missing the Dimonized body type, but the links to it on Nexus seem to be out of date, and any attempt to find it on there yields nothing. I think it may have been taken down but am not sure.

Thanks!

You mean this one?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49845/?

Thanks!

You mean this one?

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49845/?

Yup, that armor! It looks neat.

Unfortunately, it requires the DIMONIZED body type. The link provided for it is:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38132/?

p_q

Yup, that armor! It looks neat.

Unfortunately, it requires the DIMONIZED body type. The link provided for it is:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38132/?

p_q

You only need the file in the link for the T3 textures, any T3 compatible texture will work. The mod for TecKnica first link has tecknicaoutfit.nif as base and that contains the T3 body mesh. If you are already using T6 or other replacer body then you don't need this file but here is other link.

Dimon T3 on FO3 Nexus,

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/4280/?

Did you follow what Dizzaster Juice said?

She will not wear anything you give her because she can only wear clothes made for androids. Finish her quest, then build the armor module. Once you have the armor module in your own inventory, a new dialogue option will open and you give it to her through dialogue, not by placing it in her inventory. Then a bunch of new dialogues open up to change her clothes.

Sorry if I am not understanding your question correctly.

Hm, I thought I got all of her armor modules. I'll need to look again.

I did go through a quest line where she flew a plane and blew up legion for me at Hoover Dam. Also she fucked my character in a sequence. Or at least I think she did, it faded to black. :P

I had kind of figured I went through the whole quest by that point. Maybe I need another armor module or something. I did get her kickass minigun.