Creating a world for OKW

Now we have a Business & Journalism rabbithole!

This is the "Alphonse C. Apone Delivery Co.". Somehow I like the night-time-screenies.

maraas, good thing, you posted those links about routing, there are some real weird ways sims run around. Next time in CAW, I`ll give it a closer look. Still no lag.

post-813297-0-07356000-1434547843_thumb.jpg

Oh, now I get it, why and what. Keeps the cc out of your game.

Can not say, I have a lot cc, 97 Folders, sorted by source (MTS, TSR....)/creator/content, overall 336 MB. More concerned about the Downloads-folder, 15.6 GB before the big-clean-up, now 1.81 GB.

Hm, then post some screenies of what you would like to see, still enough empty map left (grin).

And I think this could be worth a try: the Hospital with all the stuff I have, that is related to medical/funeral/morgue etc, put it in download-section here, and you give feedback, on what transferred with the file.

Update: the apartment-tower now is a part of the world. No problems with routing, sims use the sidewalk between the lots (ok, sometimes, but at least they do).

The lots, which were reset last time, are now fixed and work as they should.

Found the link to the gloryhole, will find a place for it....

New: beta-stage. Still Needs alot of work.

Grocery has more details.

Science-lab is now part of the world (finaly!!).

Added a small park near the river (or whatever it is....).

Changed a residential lot to big park, now sims can start protests (wish to play guitar in park).

The food-truck-parking-space on the beach is corrected, added public-toilet and bench.

Address for "Alphonse C. Apone Delivery Co." is Ness Street and displays in game as supposed to.

Added some road-signs (13thsim).

Street-lamps are on during night.

No lag, no routing-issues.

I love it when a plan comes together!!

Found a dutch site with all the road-textures needed and explanations included, all sorted by EP!

Exactly what I needed, no more boring base-game-roads.

Added a 50x50 lot for a port-area, this will have warehouses and piers and port-stuff, yay!

And the river will become a swamp-like terrain, like Twinbrook.

Oh, the road is from Bridgeport, the one, that leads to the lake.

lungpaul, thankyou!

I am a bit overexcited about this.

Back to work and testing.......

post-813297-0-21326300-1435138742_thumb.jpg

post-813297-0-43091600-1435138757_thumb.jpg

Awww, crap! A step back, to get rid of that stupid save-game-issue......

Savegame is greyed out and game complains about "missing EP or stuff from said EP, possibly no longer installed".

Blackwater Shores Park is still there, just no road, Fleabottom Docks Needs rebuilding, but no custom roads to mess it up.

Backup Copy is a real hero! Give Murphy no chance!

Not good, not at all. Removed some lots, exported the whole thing, put it into Downloads......Launcher lists it as installed?

Uhoh!

Don`t want to mess up the game (Hmmmmmm.....to be seen that remains).

Seems to be some flags and whatnot in those files, marking it as....well, I don`t know. Sorry, no screenies this time.

Okay, so for now Fleabottom Beta 1 is the last version to work ok with savegames and all.

Lucky me, exported all the lots and saved them in a folder on my desktop, now I can start a painted world with textures and roads, to see, if this will work at all.

This means, I need to know what all the layers do, brush-settings for painting the terrain, settings for roads and all I didn`t care about until now.

And a new map. Ugh! (and there was one, who said this to be easy.....grumbling!)

Whatever, will start a new map and see, what happens.

Archived