Blocky/Rigid Face?

Chantal

So, I noticed that my character has a face that isn't smooth and is kind of blocky.

Screenshots:

post-392580-0-04762500-1432967791_thumb.jpg

post-392580-0-98136100-1432967794_thumb.jpg

As you can see near the eyes and cheek areas. Not sure as to why they're like that. Doesn't matter what texture I use it always turns out like this. 

Any ideas?

Is it deliberate that your character has that strong discolouration between head and body? It looks like a scrambled vampire hybrid.

Would be very interested in seing some shots of your character with Fair Skin. Wouldn't be surprised if the look would be much better - meaning in total, not only the colouration.

Ah, the normal map - right. Shouldn't be caused by the meshes. Just like Setekh said. You should find them under key words like "face" on the nexus (I remember the "all in one face packs"). Or around here, of course. For example in the "my mega mod list" topic are some hints towards good normal maps.

The spike near the eyes and lump near the mouth isn't a texture issue.  More than likely it's a character creation issue.  My guess is you're using something like racemenu or ece.  Looks like the eyes and mouth are too big and overall face is too small/thin.  Can't really fix it until the sculpting option is available.

Ah, the normal map - right. Shouldn't be caused by the meshes. Just like Setekh said. You should find them under key words like "face" on the nexus (I remember the "all in one face packs"). Or around here, of course. For example in the "my mega mod list" topic are some hints towards good normal maps.

The spike near the eyes and lump near the mouth isn't a texture issue.  More than likely it's a character creation issue.  My guess is you're using something like racemenu or ece.  Looks like the eyes and mouth are too big and overall face is too small/thin.  Can't really fix it until the sculpting option is available.

So, it's narrowed down to either a RaceMenu/ECE slider issue or a normal map issue. I will check out the normal maps and see if it fixes it.

Update: I downloaded the Women of Skyrim - Enhanced Female Normal Maps and replaced them and the problem improved a bit. Turns out that the problem was coming from one of the RaceMenu sliders "Age" and it was causing distortions to the face structure. It was set on -3 and I moved it to 0 and now the face is smooth and round.

Thank you for your help guys! 

Archived