Downloaded the 0.91 version last night and took a peek. Nice, proper sized. I liked the proportions and layout. If you had a non-basement one without the shackles on the bed, it might make for a nice "vanilla" house but that might be excessive work for such a small project.

I've tried a lot of houses from Nexus as well, though i guess none that Despairing Soul linked.

Probably a part of my own nature, but I like having a fast travel option right away, especially for testing. I also like using it as a way to get to the out of the way places the houses are normally placed, so I don't have to walk all the way out there for the first time, yet again, in a new game.

You can always cheat by doing:

tmm 1

fast travel to the house

tmm 0

Only recommended for new games as tmm 0 undiscovers all map markers. Or you can just do it, explore, and revert to an older save to test the house.

I didn't make it automatically discovered because immersion and lore is my goal.

I actually might remove the bed shackles. The angle just doesn't work... like how would you actually use them at that position?

Downloaded the 0.91 version last night and took a peek. Nice, proper sized. I liked the proportions and layout. If you had a non-basement one without the shackles on the bed, it might make for a nice "vanilla" house but that might be excessive work for such a small project.

I've tried a lot of houses from Nexus as well, though i guess none that Despairing Soul linked.

Probably a part of my own nature, but I like having a fast travel option right away, especially for testing. I also like using it as a way to get to the out of the way places the houses are normally placed, so I don't have to walk all the way out there for the first time, yet again, in a new game.

tmm 1

fast travel to the house

tmm 0

Only recommended for new games as tmm 0 undiscovers all map markers. Or you can just do it, explore, and revert to an older save to test the house.

I didn't make it automatically discovered because immersion and lore is my goal.

I actually might remove the bed shackles. The angle just doesn't work... like how would you actually use them at that position?

I think it would be cool if most of the bondage stuff was confined to the basement. Kind of a normal house with a kinky secret if you will.

tmm 1

fast travel to the house

tmm 0

Yeah, know about the TMM bit.  Usually just COC instead, gets there just as fast.

Wish I knew the codes for setting a marker as discovered. Or wish there was one.  In this case I'd already gotten a game started and had enough of the Lakeview manor that I had a carrage to use for Old Hroldan.

Are your bed shackles positioned the same way Haelgas are? Though yes, not sure how you'd use those either.  If the head of the bed wasn't flush against the wall you could put them on top of the headboard.  Can the X cross positions be rotated 90 degrees so you're laying flat on the bed instead of standing?

tmm 1

fast travel to the house

tmm 0

Yeah, know about the TMM bit.  Usually just COC instead, gets there just as fast.

Wish I knew the codes for setting a marker as discovered. Or wish there was one.  In this case I'd already gotten a game started and had enough of the Lakeview manor that I had a carrage to use for Old Hroldan.

Are your bed shackles positioned the same way Haelgas are? Though yes, not sure how you'd use those either.  If the head of the bed wasn't flush against the wall you could put them on top of the headboard.  Can the X cross positions be rotated 90 degrees so you're laying flat on the bed instead of standing?

Yeah I got the idea from Haelga's bed. I've been tinkering with the clutter and decided to remove them. I also ended up swapping the bed for a different one and just putting rope around all 4 posts. It's more subtle and more immersive :)

That's a good question about the xcross, i'll do some testing.

Edit: Apparently rotating furniture doesn't change the orientation of the animations.

tmm 1

fast travel to the house

tmm 0

I think it would be cool if most of the bondage stuff was confined to the basement. Kind of a normal house with a kinky secret if you will.

That's the plan mostly, nothing is overtly sexy in the main house and nothing even subtly sexy outside of the master bedroom.

Ok removing the small mannequins fixed not being able to go to the left of the bed. Also like the idle anims in the cells, makes them feel more alive.

I asked about moving mannequins and Arthmoor responded with

"In vanilla and HF homes, the USKP+UHFP will have cured it entirely. The script is only part of the problem, which was fixed. The other part is that mannequins require being positioned over a valid section of navmesh. A lot of modded homes stick them up on pedestals or other raised platforms and don't bother to navmesh those properly. This then results in the game looking for the closest available place that's on a navmesh to put them since mannequins are fundamentally just NPCs."

Ok removing the small mannequins fixed not being able to go to the left of the bed. Also like the idle anims in the cells, makes them feel more alive.

I asked about moving mannequins and Arthmoor responded with

"In vanilla and HF homes, the USKP+UHFP will have cured it entirely. The script is only part of the problem, which was fixed. The other part is that mannequins require being positioned over a valid section of navmesh. A lot of modded homes stick them up on pedestals or other raised platforms and don't bother to navmesh those properly. This then results in the game looking for the closest available place that's on a navmesh to put them since mannequins are fundamentally just NPCs."

I actually knew about the navmesh problem and they were (and the new one is) navmeshed properly. The table had a square section of navmesh isolated from the main floor and at the proper height, just like the full sized one now has a hexagonal navmesh sitting on top of the pedestal. :)

I guessed it was a scripting problem, but even with USKP and UHFP (assuming that's unofficial skyrim and unofficial hearthfire patch) installed I still get the miniquins wandering around. I mean I've always had USKP and UHFP (and UDBP and UDGP) installed, so the script isn't the problem. It only happens with miniquins and not with the full sized ones, so I think the problem is when you scale them down and have somewhat overlapping directional x-markers. Or maybe they just aren't meant to be that small?

Yeah I got the idea from Haelga's bed. I've been tinkering with the clutter and decided to remove them. I also ended up swapping the bed for a different one and just putting rope around all 4 posts. It's more subtle and more immersive :)

Edit: Apparently rotating furniture doesn't change the orientation of the animations.

Not really knowing anything about the animations, I was guessing they're put together based on some internal anchor, and that is placed relative to an object.

You'd need to edit the animation itself and rotate that to fit the furniture. ... unless it is mearly collision physics that has people standing on the floor, with their knees in the middle of a bed and not standing on the bed itself, like what happens when you walk over it.

It is interesting that we don't have a "staked down" position, to go with the hogtie and kneeling/arms bound positions.

Not really knowing anything about the animations, I was guessing they're put together based on some internal anchor, and that is placed relative to an object.

You'd need to edit the animation itself and rotate that to fit the furniture. ... unless it is mearly collision physics that has people standing on the floor, with their knees in the middle of a bed and not standing on the bed itself, like what happens when you walk over it.

It is interesting that we don't have a "staked down" position, to go with the hogtie and kneeling/arms bound positions.

I've actually seen a laying spread eagle pose/animation before, I think it was in "sex slaves for bandit camps". I'll see if I can figure it out, but I think it's an idlemarker instead of a piece of furniture. Maybe I can get it to work with furniture though.

Edit:

The animation is ZazAPC054 and/or ZazAPC055

Going to try figure out how to make furniture now :)

My followers will not approach the house. They stop right at the point where the house becomes visible from the road near the top of the hill, and they will run back down the hill to try to find an alternate route to meet up with me when I continue walking past the house. Using v 0.92.

My followers will not approach the house. They stop right at the point where the house becomes visible from the road near the top of the hill, and they will run back down the hill to try to find an alternate route to meet up with me when I continue walking past the house. Using v 0.92.

I'll take a look at that, thanks for the bug report :)

Fixed it, for some reason the external navmesh didn't connect to the others. I'll upload a .93 soonish, after I finish messing with this stupid bed.

v0.93 up.

Fixed the exterior world navmesh problem ... the cell didn't connect with the surrounding cells for some reason I don't understand, but they are connected now for sure, so onesumgame's bug shouldn't happen.

Changed the bed to a different model, removed the two plaques on the back wall, removed the practice dummy, and did some minor rearranging. 

I just about gave up on making the bed work, furniture is frustrating as hell.

lol ok so I know I said I was done with messing with furniture... which I STILL can't get to work... I made a bed into an activator and did it that way.

If you want to see a proof of concept, install 0.93 then overwrite with the rar attached. It's 0.93 version of my house, but with an activator bed in the middle of the first floor that kind of blocks everything. Again, it's a proof of concept, not intended for real use :)

The question is... do I replace the actual bed with this activator bed? Cause then you won't be able to sleep unless you borrow the guest bed. Also I don't think sandboxing NPCs can use activators.

Maybe I can put an invisible bed on the bed so it can be used as both a bed and an activator that teleports and poses?

Thanks for the update, Asrienda, and for the house itself. It's great. One or two of my followers are going to be calling it home soon, I think. Well, the cellar at least  ;)

Thanks, post screenshots when you get things set up the way you like :)

Please don't remove the ability to sleep in the main bed. Why not expand the basement and add the new bed etc down there? After all as it is underground there are no size limitations to follow.

On further thought, I might just make the activator a small object or something at set it next to the bed, since the fact that the activator is a bed is irrelevant to how it works - the idle is played on the character and the character is moved to an xmarkerheading. So it could be like one of the ropes on the bed frame. 

I'm going to go to sleep though, I'll implement it for a future version when I wake up! And yeah it probably will be one of the ropes on the bed post that does it.

So far I have avoided custom house mods, because my characters are moving sort and custom homes are often too cluttered. Location for this is properly distant from all other civilization and concept delicious enough that it fits for my sorceress\thief.

I will give your house mod a go.

Thank you for making it. :)

Hope you like it Morferous!

4wKUg59.jpg

The attached file is a complete .93 but made the blindfold on the right of the bed into an activator that puts you in the above position on the bed. It's just a pose for now so it's not a completely new version, and the bed is completely untouched - it's still a normal bed. Just wanted to show it off lol.

East Reach House 0.93a.rar

Got an issue with 0.93 normal. The bed isnt being detected by sexlab. Its not asking if I want to use it even if I am right next to it.

That's weird. Its a mesh replaced bed using the sexlab noble bed without the side boards and such. I wonder if sexlab looks for beds by name? Would that mean any non-standard bed doesn't work for sexlab?

I had that same issue when I replaced a bed in WinterStone Castle.

I switched to using a small mod called Bed Fix (that's what it is in my MO profile.... not sure the real name, I'll look) that allows you to use that 4-poster bed, but removes the collision meshes from the rails so you don't get stuck in bed.

But... I do think any non-vanilla bed is ignored

I gave the bed activator in 0.93a a try and it works really well.

One thing is that the blindfold on the bedside table is named a rope collar and picking it up triggers the pose. But there's also an actual rope collar on the floor next to the table which you can't pick up but can activate to also trigger the pose. I'm not sure if that's the way it's intended but it does the job. Thanks!

4wKUg59.jpg

The attached file is a complete .93 but made the blindfold on the right of the bed into an activator that puts you in the above position on the bed. It's just a pose for now so it's not a completely new version, and the bed is completely untouched - it's still a normal bed. Just wanted to show it off lol.

Very nice idea! THX

I have modified a little bit the Garden with a Crux Rope on the big Tree left to the wheel

post-408691-0-65056600-1433078758_thumb.jpg

4wKUg59.jpg

Very nice idea! THX

I have modified a little bit the Garden with a Crux Rope on the big Tree left to the wheel

attachicon.gif2015-05-31_00068.jpg

What enb are you using? I love those colors!

I gave the bed activator in 0.93a a try and it works really well.

One thing is that the blindfold on the bedside table is named a rope collar and picking it up triggers the pose. But there's also an actual rope collar on the floor next to the table which you can't pick up but can activate to also trigger the pose. I'm not sure if that's the way it's intended but it does the job. Thanks!

That's strange. If I can find that problem it'll be fixed for the next full release, which will probably include a quest. Finally figured out a small story!

I had that same issue when I replaced a bed in WinterStone Castle.

I switched to using a small mod called Bed Fix (that's what it is in my MO profile.... not sure the real name, I'll look) that allows you to use that 4-poster bed, but removes the collision meshes from the rails so you don't get stuck in bed.

But... I do think any non-vanilla bed is ignored

Figured that was the problem.

I guess then the only fix is to use a vanilla bed. I'll have to consider that, as i was planning on retexturing the current bed.