East Reach House

View File

A player home in Reach hold, just north up the road from Old Hroldan.

The intent of the home is to have it look immersive, not be overpowered (no collection of shrines and stones for example), and only subtly sexy themed with a cellar for serious sexlab fun. It's cozy, yet big enough that there are a few areas that I just couldn't figure out how to clutter up.

Storage
5 containers in the bedroom
5 containers in magic room
3 containers by the stairs
3 containers in the guest/follower room
2 containers in the kitchen
1 container in the back yard
1 coat of arms plaque
1 dagger case
5 weapon racks
1 mannequin
3 book shelves (66 books total)

Crafting
Enchanting
Alchemy
Armor workbench
Anvil
Cooking pot

Zaz things
1 pet post in the bedroom
3 bondage chairs
1 bondage chandelier over the magic desks
1 human table in the sitting area upstairs
1 bondage bed in the follower/guest room downstairs
1 spitroast on the left of the cooking fire
1 trophy wife by the stairs
1 saddle in the back yard
2 wheels in the back yard
1 tree in the back yard
1 gibbit in the back yard
1 cross in the back yard
Bunch of stuff in the dungeon

Misc features
Cellar is hidden under a rug beneath the stairs
Cellar furniture can be swapped to dwemer milking machines or removed entirely
The cellar cells are controlled by pull chains near the ladder
The back yard cage is controlled by a plunger on the wall next to it
Hot springs in the back yard
Most of the clutter is static, but not all of it
House and exterior cell were navmeshed by hand
The player can bind herself on the bed by using either of the bed posts at the foot of the master bed
The player can bind herself to the ceiling by using the rope hanging in the master bedroom

Requirements
Dragonborn
Dawnguard
ZazExtensionPack by zaira

Files - choose only one of the versions
2.0.1 requires only Dragonborn and ZazAnimationPack v6.22 or later.
1.0.1 requires the DLC and ZazExtensionPack, which means you need it's requirements too... Devious Devices - Assets, Sexlab, and Heretical Resources in addition to ZazAnimationPack (v6.11). This dependency branch won't be updated anymore.
0.97 only requires the DLC and ZazAnimationPack (v6.11). This is if you wish to keep dependencies to a minimum. This dependency branch won't be updated anymore.

Thanks
Nickolos1818 for testing
Deathmaw for testing
Monsto Brukes for advice
Gameplayer for advice
Everyone else who posted in this thread!

Things to do
Make a quest or something to obtain the house. Right now it's assumed the player owns the house from the start.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/28/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Found the house ok. Nice to see it not overcluttered. The stuff outside worked no problem.

Got a couple of issues though.

1.The rug under the stairs doesn't do anything for me. I activate it and nothing happens.

2.I'm getting stuck on an invisible wall to the left of the double bed. I can't walk between the desk and the bed. I can jump on the bed to get around, but its a minor issue.

Screens of the area:

http://imgur.com/0mBhQin

http://imgur.com/e56RdJs

how far up the road i have yet to see it and no map marker

It's a 12 second or so run up hill from the doors of Old Hroldan.

It's close enough that when you exit the house, you can see the very top of Old Hroldan's roof.

My character arrow is pointing to the house:

vojbtDr.jpg

Found the house ok. Nice to see it not overcluttered. The stuff outside worked no problem.

Got a couple of issues though.

1.The rug under the stairs doesn't do anything for me. I activate it and nothing happens.

2.I'm getting stuck on an invisible wall to the left of the double bed. I can't walk between the desk and the bed. I can jump on the bed to get around, but its a minor issue.

Screens of the area:

http://imgur.com/0mBhQin

http://imgur.com/e56RdJs

I think that might be a mannequin walking around, as mini-mannequins do, even though you might see them on the chest. Can you do me a favor and go out of the house and go back in a couple times then check upstairs to see if the miniquins are still where they should be?

Oh I think I know the problem with the rug... One sec and I'll update it.

Edit: Mod updated. I forgot to include my .pex files in the .rar. 

Ok scripts fixed the rug. Basement is pretty cool.

Just wondering are their any idle markers in the cells?

If not could you add the sitting cross legged on the floor and leaning against the wall? That way followers should still sandbox in the cell if you set them to relax.

I think it might be the manequins blocking the space they keep moving around each cell load.

If not could you add the sitting cross legged on the floor and leaning against the wall? That way followers should still sandbox in the cell if you set them to relax.

I think it might be the manequins blocking the space they keep moving around each cell load.

Besides the bedroll, no idle markers right now. I'll add some in all 3 cells.

I'm kind of considering removing the mannequins, they seem to be more trouble than they're worth.

I'm kind of considering removing the mannequins, they seem to be more trouble than they're worth.

I wouldn't mind a version without them.

My only request would be the ability to buy the house for like 5k or something. Even if its just from a sign outfront like some housemods do.

Plus any kind of walk in bath lol. But thats not really feasible for this house.

Think this might become my new default home. Its not oversized or over decorated. It feels like a vanilla house with added zaz stuff which is awesome.

I wouldn't mind a version without them.

My only request would be the ability to buy the house for like 5k or something. Even if its just from a sign outfront like some housemods do.

Plus any kind of walk in bath lol. But thats not really feasible for this house.

Think this might become my new default home. Its not oversized or over decorated. It feels like a vanilla house with added zaz stuff which is awesome.

I'll look into making a version without the mannequins. I liked the idea of little dolls you could dress up that actually hold your armor, but since they don't work too well it's getting more aggravating than anything else.

I'm working on a way to get the house besides default owning it, and I think it'll be a small quest rather than flat out buying it.

I don't know how a walk in bath would fit into this house unfortunately. I could possibly build some walls and a bath where the dibella statue is upstairs, but even then I can't figure out how to make it immersive. People didn't take baths all that often in those times, and I subtly addressed the issue of relieving yourself with the (chamber) pot tucked under the bed. 

Updated to 0.91 - added idle markers and added the scripts so the rug should work. For some reason, 0.9 named the .esp file with the version number as well... which isn't good. I changed it so the .esp is not version numbered, but that means you have to uninstall the old version to install this new one, you can't just overwrite. Future changes should not require that.

Awesome looking forward to it.

I'm finding it quite hard to make my followers use the zaz furniture. They seem to misalign with them a lot so I have to keep retelling them to use it till they get it right. 

I think that might be a issue outside of your control however.

Awesome looking forward to it.

I'm finding it quite hard to make my followers use the zaz furniture. They seem to misalign with them a lot so I have to keep retelling them to use it till they get it right. 

I think that might be a issue outside of your control however.

That's either a zaz thing or a skyrim thing in general. I've never had much luck telling followers to use any furniture.

I really want http://www.loverslab.com/topic/42623-wip-furniture-interaction-framework-for-npcs-and-player/to get finished and released :)

why can't there be a home mod that is not dungeon-ish? :( all i want is some place cozy for a change. with fluffy rugs, plenty of warmth and an humble cabin interior. instead i keep finding big villa's or castle nonsense.  there are some in witcher games. why not in skyrim?

Do you consider this mod a big villa? It's only a few rooms big, it's one of the smaller home mods I've seen to be honest.

On an aside, I discovered a small problem with the navmesh in the exterior and fixed it, along with reversing the stables door so it doesn't push the horse around when you open it up.

I'll upload it as 0.92 when I finish removing the mannequins and making the table they were once on look nice. 

0.92 Uploaded!

Fixed some navmesh problems in the exterior world around the house - the triangle with the door was too big and would sometimes cause followers to just repeatedly enter and exit the house instead of following the player to the back yard
Reversed the stable door so it opens outward and doesn't hit the horse (if you have a horse in there)
Removed the 4 mini mannequins and replaced them with a single weapon display on the table cloth... it just looks like a counter top, but you can put a weapon on it like a weapon rack
Placed a single full sized mannequin downstairs in the corner and moved the training dummy to the side

Thanks for your updates and responses, always good to know a mod maker is willing take feedback and improve/change stuff.

As I said on your wip topic, I like this house, not too small, and not overly big.  Every room has its usage and I intend to keep this as a main mod for my skyrim.

If anyone has any ideas, or offers to help doing a quest or such to get the house please help out.

Thanks Nickolos, I'm happy it's being used by people!

I know like I've probably installed 3-4 dozen house mods and got rid of pretty much all of them because they were too big or not made well or just not useful. I'm happy at least some people don't feel that way about my mod lol. I mean out of all the random house mods I've made, some published and some not, this is the only one that I'm planning on using.

And yeah, I started watching some youtube tutorials on making quests... and it seems like they're all 2+ hr lectures on the topic. So I'm learning slowly but it'll be a while I think, unless someone wants to help out? :)

Also if you're following the file page, sorry for the massive amounts of updates. LL is acting weird and sometimes my updates aren't going through so I have to do them again.

Hi Asrienda !

I have to ask: Why Dawnguard and Dragonborn are required ?

I have opened your esp with TES5Edit and tried the "Clean Masters" and Dawnguard was removed (not DragonBorn)

I have no problem with that (since i have both) but i'm a sort of a "Dirty Edits Hunter" :)

Anyway, thank you for sharing this !

Hi Asrienda !

I have to ask: Why Dawnguard and Dragonborn are required ?

I have opened your esp with TES5Edit and tried the "Clean Masters" and Dawnguard was removed (not DragonBorn)

I have no problem with that (since i have both) but i'm a sort of a "Dirty Edits Hunter" :)

Anyway, thank you for sharing this !

Textures and clutter mostly. It's possible DG isn't used, I don't remember where I got all my assets from, but I definitely used a couple DB assets.

why can't there be a home mod that is not dungeon-ish? :( all i want is some place cozy for a change. with fluffy rugs, plenty of warmth and an humble cabin interior. instead i keep finding big villa's or castle nonsense.  there are some in witcher games. why not in skyrim?

He he.. my exact thoughts about half a year ago. :D

That sounds like you should check out the nexus' abodes (if you didn't), there are quite some shacks there some are really cool, but most are first-time mods.

Be sure to check out:  Windpeak Cottage, Frostflake Top(my Fav),  Skaal Igloo, Skyview, Alchemists Hidden Valley Murtr Cabin and Shelter Cabins and Hideouts.

Might as well start with my stuff over there.... although i didn't come here to advertise, it's just nice to see that others feel the same need. ;)

This house was really needed especially at the location.  Love what you did.  Hint:  Wish you could make a little tower or similar to go by Riften.  Anyway, thanks so much for making this, I had been looking for a house in this error and to find one with the furniture is fabulous.

Thanks Nickolos, I'm happy it's being used by people!

I know like I've probably installed 3-4 dozen house mods and got rid of pretty much all of them because they were too big or not made well or just not useful. I'm happy at least some people don't feel that way about my mod lol. I mean out of all the random house mods I've made, some published and some not, this is the only one that I'm planning on using.

And yeah, I started watching some youtube tutorials on making quests... and it seems like they're all 2+ hr lectures on the topic. So I'm learning slowly but it'll be a while I think, unless someone wants to help out? :)

Also if you're following the file page, sorry for the massive amounts of updates. LL is acting weird and sometimes my updates aren't going through so I have to do them again.

LL weirdness.... it's not just you. I upload files that are fine on my end and when a user downloads them they're either 0 byte files or corrupt in some other way. Doesn't happen to everyone. I try to upload a file and it goes through the entire file upload progress bar and then tells me the upload failed or tells me "no file selected for upload". Makes me wanna quit modding and just do stuff for myself :)

He he.. my exact thoughts about half a year ago. :D

That sounds like you should check out the nexus' abodes (if you didn't), there are quite some shacks there some are really cool, but most are first-time mods.

Be sure to check out:  Windpeak Cottage, Frostflake Top(my Fav),  Skaal Igloo, Skyview, Alchemists Hidden Valley Murtr Cabin and Shelter Cabins and Hideouts.

Might as well start with my stuff over there.... although i didn't come here to advertise, it's just nice to see that others feel the same need. ;)

wow.. thank you so unbelievably much G-mus  :D  love the links. 

Downloaded the 0.91 version last night and took a peek.  Nice, proper sized.  I liked the proportions and layout.  If you had a non-basement one without the shackles on the bed, it might make for a nice "vanilla" house but that might be excessive work for such a small project.

I've tried a lot of houses from Nexus as well, though i guess none that Despairing Soul linked. 

Probably a part of my own nature, but I like having a fast travel option right away, especially for testing. I also like using it as a way to get to the out of the way places the houses are normally placed, so I don't have to walk all the way out there for the first time, yet again, in a new game.