I am sure most people, if not everyone, is aware of the horrible clipping argonian tails do in sexlab. I know it happens because the animators do not take into account the argonian tails in most if not all animations. My idea is this, a small plugin for sexlab that detects the running animation type (ie doggystyle, missionary) and moves the tail in accordance. I have no idea how hard this would be, or if it is even possible, I just thought I would throw it out there and see if someone does it.

• 4 weeks later...

You could programatically rotate some tail bones prior engaging. NIOverride and SkeletonUtils can rotate bones.

Or make the tail invisible or something.

In any case I think you will need a script that listens for sexlab events and does its stuff on the tails.

A proof of concept.

This rotates argonian or khajiit tails involved in any SL animation. Tails revert to normal after animation ends.

I don't want to continue with this so I'm leaving it here.

It's not checking the animation beign played, or the actor positions or genders, so it's quite unfinished.

Which bones to rotate, and how much, are read from the file Data\SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\SLMoveTail.json

Edit numbers there and see how it goes. Units are in degrees.

Requirements:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/150-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v159c-updated-oct-3rd/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1362-skeletonutils/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/676-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

EDIT: forgot the XPMSE requirement

SL Move Tail.7z

post-82377-0-50979200-1435356985_thumb.jpg

A quick fix would be possible with HDT tails. Check out this mod; www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58165/? ( not sure if it's the right one )

Just give the HDT versions of the default tails to a beast race NPC you want to SL with and in 9/10 animations the tail will react properly to the pose and move out of the way. There are some where the tail stays in a position where it's blocking the goods or keeping the donger from getting in, but that's fixed by rotating the scene by 90 or so degrees.

Perhaps the next SL update or a standalone mod could have these automatically equipped to any Argonian or Khajiit you interact with.

just found what MAY be what I was looking for, its too late for me to bother testing but for those who also want it search for "HDT Dragon Tails" in the forums. jaques00 has a version that basically adds HDT to vanilla beast race tails, going to see if it works later.

A proof of concept.

This rotates argonian or khajiit tails involved in any SL animation. Tails revert to normal after animation ends.

I don't want to continue with this so I'm leaving it here.

It's not checking the animation beign played, or the actor positions or genders, so it's quite unfinished.

Which bones to rotate, and how much, are read from the file Data\SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\SLMoveTail.json

Edit numbers there and see how it goes. Units are in degrees.

Requirements:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/150-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v159c-updated-oct-3rd/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1362-skeletonutils/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/676-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/

EDIT: forgot the XPMSE requirement

Now we just need to make this configurable in the sexlab animation editor.

I just spent the last few hours trying and failing to understand the scripts in the SLMoveTail.zip file. I only learned that there are things called hooks and tags in sexlab that identify an animation file. my head is pounding and I have decided that if this ever gets finished it wont be by me. ill leave the scripting and software things to those who understand it and stick to swapping out a new RAM stick every no and then.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for, for both Khajiit and Argonian tails.  I'll have to read through the topic again and test out some of the stuff discussed. Tail control would be amazing if possible.

In the racemenu skse plugin I see controls for the angle of the tail base but only length and size for the other parts.  Judging from the screenshots earlier in the topic it's possible to rotate the entire tail though.  (Messing with the racemenu puts a kink in the tail with the rest of it straight like normal.)

A quick fix would be possible with HDT tails. Check out this mod; www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58165/? ( not sure if it's the right one )

Just give the HDT versions of the default tails to a beast race NPC you want to SL with and in 9/10 animations the tail will react properly to the pose and move out of the way. There are some where the tail stays in a position where it's blocking the goods or keeping the donger from getting in, but that's fixed by rotating the scene by 90 or so degrees.

Perhaps the next SL update or a standalone mod could have these automatically equipped to any Argonian or Khajiit you interact with.

Sadly that mod is female only and while the author mentions wanting to support males it's 1.5 years old.

just found what MAY be what I was looking for, its too late for me to bother testing but for those who also want it search for "HDT Dragon Tails" in the forums. jaques00 has a version that basically adds HDT to vanilla beast race tails, going to see if it works later.

This fixes some animations and makes some stranger than normal but thanks, this is excellent.  I didn't even think to look since it says "dragon tails."

The link:

HDT Dragon Tails - HDT Physics Extension - LoversLab

Look under "alternate downloads."

Even that can't deal with animations in which one character stands behind the other though.  It seems to cope fairly well if one is bent over.  Argonian tails look a little funky but I imagine that will be the case when manually bending them too.

That example posted earlier in the topic shows that it's possible though at least.  Even though an individual override choice per sexlab animation with settings saved based on race would be the "holy grail" of this topic even just the ability to manually adjust in real time would be amazing.  The HDT Dragon Tails mod alternate download is the best thing currently it looks like?

I'm certainly not complaining.  It's a huge improvement even if it can't fix every animation.  I'd imagine this probably could affect werewolves but I think the limited selection of animations for them accounts for their tails anyway currently?  That would make sense since they need specific animations just for them (and I'd imagine the same applies for those into the creature animations).

I know enough about programming syntax to get the jist of what b3lisario's proof of concept does but my understanding is far too limited to turn it into a functional mod with in game control myself.

• 5 months later...

The file left by b3lisario on page 1 no longer works with the newer versions of sexlab. Don't bother downloading it unless you plan to update it to work with sexlab 1.62.

P.S. if someone gets this working again i will be grateful

EDIT: could be the updated version of xp32 or sexlab

• 4 years later...
On 7/14/2016 at 4:25 PM, cbvbadlarry said:

The file left by b3lisario on page 1 no longer works with the newer versions of sexlab. Don't bother downloading it unless you plan to update it to work with sexlab 1.62.

P.S. if someone gets this working again i will be grateful

EDIT: could be the updated version of xp32 or sexlab

A few months after i wrote this i re installed my whole set up and it was working, forgot to update this and some ppl thought it was non functional, as of a week ago it still works for LE. currently trying to find something similar for sse