Best Looking Body Textures?

Chantal

884 members have voted

1. 1. What body textures do you prefer for UNP/UNPB?

• Real Girls Realistic Body Textures
    • Barbarian and Milkdrinker Skin
    • SG Female Renewal Textures
    • Fair Skin Complexion
    • Mature Skin Textures and Body

So, I'm interested in what textures you people prefer using for your UNP/UNPB body. If you don't use that body, I'd still like to know what textures you prefer.

Vote on the poll and if you want, state your reason as to why you prefer those textures over the others.

Personally, I've tried SG Female Renewal Textures, Fair Skin Complexion and Real Girls Realistic Body Textures. I feel Fair Skin Complexion gives a lighter skin colour as opposed to the other two and looks smoother as well. Real Girls Realistic Body Textures have a darker skin tone but give more definition when using Fitness Body normal maps.

I've tried a whole lot of these, and they're all pretty good minus some caveats due to my taste

Realgirls has the best nipples and default skin tone, as well as face

Mature has a lot of good details

SG is great for smoothness

Fair Skin has the best textures genital regions by far.

... One of these days Me or someone else needs to combine all these good features into one awesome skin, maybe using realgirls as a base.

Another option could be to just have nipples/genitalia a texture addon option like with the overlays in racemenu ( someone has already done selectable nipples with CBBE )

i'd go with SG and blending with Mature tex, in normal env light it's looking really good but have some artifacts.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/288/c/2/rz_fighter_body_by_romeozero-d82wax5.jpg

a little moded SG

Very pretty picture. Looks smooth and the lighting looks great.

I still have lighting/shadow/tone problems with my characters face. Sometimes there can be lots of shadows around the face making the skin look less smooth and more "blocky".

i'd go with SG and blending with Mature tex, in normal env light it's looking really good but have some artifacts.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/288/c/2/rz_fighter_body_by_romeozero-d82wax5.jpg

a little moded SG

Very pretty picture. Looks smooth and the lighting looks great.

I still have lighting/shadow/tone problems with my characters face. Sometimes there can be lots of shadows around the face making the skin look less smooth and more "blocky".

Does not look smooth. Looks the opposite of smooth. The dithering and pixelation and abrupt color shifts completely destroy SG.

I was genuinely puzzled why so many asian modders use it, when the answer was literally  in front of my face the entire time, and that answer is 6bit TN panels, especially the batch-made ones stuck in laptops, which are pretty much ubiquitous in Taiwan and China especially.

Looking at the skin on an 8bit monitor is bad enough, 8+2 is worse as the different skin tones literally fight with each other and 10bit pretty much defenstrates any illusion of verisimilitude the skin has.

While it might be a favorite for eschewing skyrealism for shape-shaded anime style tone work in pixelated glory, it is certainly not the "best" in any category by any stretch.

While it might be a favorite for eschewing skyrealism for shape-shaded anime style tone work in pixelated glory, it is certainly not the "best" in any category by any stretch.

Don' t start it. The light transition you see is because it was a 2k compressed 8bit DDS on dxt1 format not RGB24-32 or better, that don't destroy channel pixel-transition , hell even dds is an ancient format for textures.

And asians use they "pretty girl pack" for fem textures (that are true to the original asian females) also they are the best at environmental light and quality music.Don't offend their tastes ;)

New modders already make some stuff in Mudbox or etc with projection painting.Matter of time they'll release them. 

Don' t start it. The light transition you see is because it was a 2k compressed 8bit DDS on dxt1 format not RGB24-32 or better, that don't destroy channel pixel-transition , hell even dds is an ancient format for textures.

And asians use they "pretty girl pack" for fem textures (that are true to the original asian females) also they are the best at environmental light and quality music.Don't offend their tastes ;)

New modders already make some stuff in Mudbox or etc with projection painting.Matter of time they'll release them. 

Where can I find this "Pretty Girl" pack? I'm interested in trying out the textures they use as I've always found their screenshots amazingly beautiful. 

Don't start what?

The use of facts to bolster an opinion? The compression is only one facet of the skin's issues, the stark and marked gradation between tone values and saturation has nothing to with the ill-advised use of compression.  Also their preferences are immaterial objectively stated :P And clever use of didactic schemes in an eight octave stepping system with catchy rythms won't save this skin.

There's a reeeeeeally easy way to compare even if all you have is a 6 or 9 bit TN, and that's to turn your bloomy dithery dreamy light fuzzying subsurface bloominating ENB off and look at the skin in a high light environment versus pretty much any other skin outside of the first batch nexus hosted. (The temple of Kynareth with Relighting Skyrim and Shadows installed is pretty much perfect for capturing a nice slice of Skyrim's lighting) Then stick something like Mature or Phenotype or FSC up to the same criteria.

World of difference.

The use of facts to bolster an opinion? The compression is only one facet of the skin's issues, the stark and marked gradation between tone values and saturation has nothing to with the ill-advised use of compression.  Also their preferences are immaterial objectively stated :P And clever use of didactic schemes in an eight octave stepping system with catchy rythms won't save this skin.

I didn't meant to upset you and to make it short with technical terminology , that dev. comrades use, in a digital design or etc.You can google if interested for basic knowledge, how generally game engines works and what they use.Thank's god comrade Borya made ENB, at least you can achieve with it almost PBR rendering on crappy-screwed creation engine. Of course if you had a good sensei, that hammered in you in an Architecture and Arts Academy what is - electromagnetic radiation within a certain portion of the electromagnetic spectrum :D .

And i made specialy for you 27x, a reference of compressed 4 bit per pixel (dxt1) vs uncpr rgb24

now take your uncalibrated  12 bit RGB monitor and find some clues  :lol:

take any textures that community made and compare

Shame i can only vote for 1, i use several of them but mostly i customize them by blending 2 or 3 together.

But i voted Real Girls as that is the base texture i start with when blending then followed by Mature Skin (old version), and sometimes another texture that's not listed.

So Real Girls and Mature Skin for customized textures for my PC and Fair Skin for NPCs and Followers.

Not a real surprise that FSC is leading, with the next 2 competitors having as many votes combined. Although it was rather designed as a niche texture (fair skin / pale women / "english rose complexion"), it is the highest quality total overhaul of all female vanilla texture assets (warpaints excluded).

Mature Skin V2 beta has twice the quality level, but is even more specific in the visual results and i personally can't make an 18-25 year old anime-inspired cuteface girl with textures made for 40-50 year old warriors. In fact MS makes all females in your game look like 40+ year old heavy drinkers and smokers, while FSC still allows old women to look old with the age complexion on top.

For the other options you are actually comparing apples and oranges, as with 2K textures you can't even have 50% of the body in a picture without massive pixellation - not to mention the compression artifacts that are vastly reducing the overall quality.

Also Mature + FSC are not shy of perfect details even on the genitals, where other textures have a barely discernible pixel pulp and sometimes even a huge seam across the crotch.

I'm just a bit surprised that Real Girls is getting so many votes, because the last 2 alpha versions have only diffuse maps and are clearly WiP quality. So as their users say, it's currently just a base to create your own textures with and this doesn't really count.

I know these are harsh words, but that are just my observations from an HD-screen-art perspective with unplayable ENB settings. Actually most textures are alright for general use, don't forget that the tastes/expectations and viewing habits are drastically different for every user.

Anyways, when i download a new texture, the first things i look at are the breasts, genitals and then the face. If it starts with a huge dark outline on the breasts, i usually don't look any further. Low quality genitals are also disqualifying. Lastly the face is what you'll see all the time, but alone is not enough when you can't take the clothes off without turning the camera away :)

So maybe this helps texture artists a little bit to understand why some textures are "not good enough", because just having a unique face texture doesn't cut it. Also with the freedom gained from using UUNP and Texture Changer mods, i would actually expect "Skinny" versions as well as the regular ones. Mature Skin V2 even has different textures for UNP, UNPB and 7B which says a lot about the ambitions of the creator.

PS.: yep and it's not really fair to exclude textures like Women of Skyrim etc. from the poll ;)

I'm assuming the first download link is for UNP based bodies?

However, I tried out the textures and there seems to be 2 things I'm not sure about.

1. There seems to be a red "rash" or "bruising" on the breasts.

2. The is a huge mismatch for the feet and body. i.e there is a seam and also the feet seam to be smaller than the body itself.

I'm assuming the first download link is for UNP based bodies?

However, I tried out the textures and there seems to be 2 things I'm not sure about.

1. There seems to be a red "rash" or "bruising" on the breasts.

2. The is a huge mismatch for the feet and body. i.e there is a seam and also the feet seam to be smaller than the body itself.

1) unp

That what i did find on some JP blogs.I don't know what meshes they use, many prefer CHSBHC and bodyslide. 

Archived