Vampire Gray Face Bug

I've been trying to do some research on why one of my vampires outside of Castle Volkihar has a gray face bug despite repeated FaceGen exports and an other attempted fix or two...  NOW they all do.  *headdesk*

My research seemed to indicate gray faced vampires or ones with mismatched skin tones on the head are caused by a "fix" in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch that was never fixed.  Anybody know what the situation there is? 

No ECE here, just RaceMenu.   That mod works on just about any character though.  :)

As it was, I solved my problem the old fashioned way; I used the non vampire races for my Volkihar cannon fodder and said they were Dhamphirs.   Annoying and a minor lore breach, but better than posting my last update with a bunch of gray faced NPCs.  Besides 95% of what makes a vampire in Skyrim is via spell effects

The first guess by Setekh MIGHT be accurate.  I was having similar probs trying to mod before and since the game was acting up too, I did a wipe and reload.  Now I'm focusing on modding and only have a handful of mods installed at all.  That said some of them are female body and face mods.

Archived