Bodyslide Outfitstudio: How to get HDT weights right?

Alan47

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to do some conversions from CBBE to UUNP in Outfit Studio. I think I've got the meshes quite right, they look decent in-game and behave and build nicely with bodyslide. However, when it comes to HDT, specifically the breast motion ruines the armor conversion. Visible effects are nipples and breasts poking through the armor while movement animations are played.

Now, since the character in the preview/editor window in outfit studio is non-animated, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to fix this. I can imagine that inflating the mesh in problematic regions can help, but doing "modify -> save -> bodyslide build -> start game -> test -> repeat" is really really annoying.

I'd be grateful for any hints from people with more Outfit studio experience than I have (which really isn't difficult...), everything animation-related I've done so far is "copy bone weights" in Outfit Studio.

Thanks,

Alan

The new versions of Outfit Studio have a "Preview Scaling" slider below the bones tab, while you are in the bones tab.

After you have copied weights, go there and use the weight brush in combination with the preview slider to fix the weights for the breasts.

In short, load your project, enter the bones tab, select the Breast L bone, scale it up a bit (not to the max) with the preview slider and use the automatically selected weight brush on the armor shapes around the breasts to increase the weighting strength. Repeat for the Breast R bone and save the project. Don't copy weights again, or your changes are gone.

Thanks cell, I tried it today and I get much better results already. One thing I've noticed is that the "undo" operation in OutfitStudio can cause horrible mesh distortions (spikes) when it is used in weight paint mode. These distortions cannot be "undone", as any further undo operation makes the situation even worse. I had to reload my file, losing some of my work :(

In case that I encounter it again, I'll post a screenshot here, and some reproduction steps if I can come up with anything that works consistently.

Also, as a convenience, perhaps it would be nice to auto-disable X-Mirror on the brushes when entering weight paint mode, and to re-enable it when going back to mesh editing.

Also, as a convenience, perhaps it would be nice to auto-disable X-Mirror on the brushes when entering weight paint mode, and to re-enable it when going back to mesh editing.

Done that, I'll look into the rest.

EDIT: I can't reproduce the undo/redo issue when editing weights, so I'd need more info on that.

EDIT: I can't reproduce the undo/redo issue when editing weights, so I'd need more info on that.

I haven't been able to reproduce it myself so far, as soon as I run into it again, I'll report back. Meanwhile, I had another strange issue with weight painting: Bodyslide2 wasn't able to produce the preview window for my armor after weight painting it in outfit studio, and crashed with the typical windows error message "the program stopped responding".

I have posted a private bug report to the "Bodyslide 2 and Outfit Studio" nexus page. If you want, I can repeat the info here as well, I also have the files at hand that allow to reproduce the error consistently.

EDIT: Oh, that was DAMN FAST - I already got a response on the nexus  :D Was it you? Judging from the avatar pic - yes. If so: big thanks!

Archived