Tweaked SexLab Expressions for 1.60 *see MCM UI Note*

blueballbob

Would like to include Custom_2_Pervert & Custom_3_Aheago in SexLab 1.60 as a single male+female expression labeled as just "Ahegao", though I'd prefer to lower the amount the mouth opens if that's okay with you. Large amounts of mouth open tends to look strange in my opinion since the expressions are static.

Same with the unsure and tweaked pleasure, are they both female only though?

One thing I did notice was the Mood/Dialog values jumped from 1-100 and look like they go into the 1000s now?  Don't know if that was intended or not.  Doesn't seem to 'break' anything as is atm.

Assuming you mean like "1.00000", they go from 0-1 now instead of 0-100, its just in the format of period as decimal separator.

• 1 month later...

Does this affect beast races as well? The expressions for them have always been ok for the most part, but for oral, they always look like they're just straight up pissed, like they're gonna bite your dick off! (Particularly khajiits) Does this mod fix that? Or is it only for non-beast races?

Does this affect beast races as well? The expressions for them have always been ok for the most part, but for oral, they always look like they're just straight up pissed, like they're gonna bite your dick off! (Particularly khajiits) Does this mod fix that? Or is it only for non-beast races?

I honestly haven't checked.  You could give it a try as I do touch all the existing SexLab expressions and changed them quite a bit.  Might fix your issue, but I haven't really done much with Khajits in game.

I honestly haven't checked.  You could give it a try as I do touch all the existing SexLab expressions and changed them quite a bit.  Might fix your issue, but I haven't really done much with Khajits in game.

I'm still getting a bunch of stuff updated due to the release of sexlab 1.60 so I haven't checked it myself yet either. Hopefully it'll work out.

Updated first post.  No actual change the expressions files as they import and work fine in game.

There seems to be a issue with the MCM UI display of the values as it'll only show 0's or 1's for whatever reason. 

Other than that, the beta files seem to work fine with this release.

Post sex the expression may 'stick' but I think that's a engine issue and not Sexlab or these files.  Just change cells and it'll reset the face.

Alright, I've tested it in game, and khajiit expressions for oral as expected are still pretty off.

:/

So, perhaps fixes for that could be made in the future when you have spare time, unless you don't want to.

I'll take a look next time I touch the files.   Getting something that works for both human and Khajiit might be a bit difficult, but we'll see.

Alright, I've tested it in game, and khajiit expressions for oral as expected are still pretty off.

So, perhaps fixes for that could be made in the future when you have spare time, unless you don't want to.

I'll take a look next time I touch the files.   Getting something that works for both human and Khajiit might be a bit difficult, but we'll see.

Would it be difficult to change the expression used for oral all together?

I think the oral expression is something built into Sexlab and is always that 'open mouth' face you sometimes get stuck with.

My files only tie into the stages of the animations, not the specific animations.  I don't really have the means or a way to make expression = oral for instance.  Mine only tie into what stage a animation happens to be on and what 'kind' (Consensual, Aggressive, etc)

But like I said I think there's only a single male/female 'oral' face and that's built into Sexlab (I believe).  Probably best to ask on the Sexlab development thread as I don't have access to Github to go look up what it's using.

I agree that the oral face always looks totally pissed off.  Could probably be 'softened' as getting someone to blow you during 'aggressive' sex is likely a really bad idea.

I think the oral expression is something built into Sexlab and is always that 'open mouth' face you sometimes get stuck with.

My files only tie into the stages of the animations, not the specific animations.  I don't really have the means or a way to make expression = oral for instance.  Mine only tie into what stage a animation happens to be on and what 'kind' (Consensual, Aggressive, etc)

But like I said I think there's only a single male/female 'oral' face and that's built into Sexlab (I believe).  Probably best to ask on the Sexlab development thread as I don't have access to Github to go look up what it's using.

I agree that the oral face always looks totally pissed off.  Could probably be 'softened' as getting someone to blow you during 'aggressive' sex is likely a really bad idea.

Hm, alright.

I'm trying to install this but I get this message in my console every time I try to import custom expressions "failed to import...sexlab/expression_custom1.json". I'm using mod organizer and I put the custom expressions into the overwrite folder as your first post suggested: /skse/plugins/sexlab/ 

also saw this error in the console when I updated sexlab to 1.6 release, an error for each of the 5 custom expressions. I was not trying to install them at the time, but it displayed these errors before saying SexLab is Ready

Is this a problem with MO and SL? I do remember seeing SexLab leaving some files in the overwrite section in MO when I updated SL to 1.6 release. Do I need to make those files into a patch like how I would do with FNIS and MO?

I'm trying to install this but I get this message in my console every time I try to import custom expressions "failed to import...sexlab/expression_custom1.json". I'm using mod organizer and I put the custom expressions into the overwrite folder as your first post suggested: /skse/plugins/sexlab/ 

also saw this error in the console when I updated sexlab to 1.6 release, an error for each of the 5 custom expressions. I was not trying to install them at the time, but it displayed these errors before saying SexLab is Ready

Is this a problem with MO and SL? I do remember seeing SexLab leaving some files in the overwrite section in MO when I updated SL to 1.6 release. Do I need to make those files into a patch like how I would do with FNIS and MO?

Are you using a console command to import, or doing it through the Sexlab MCM UI > Expressions > Import From File?

Are you using a console command to import, or doing it through the Sexlab MCM UI > Expressions > Import From File?

I'm using MCM UI to import, but I see the fail messages in the console.

For whatever reason the imports fail for any of the custom expressions, but not the set ones (ie: pleasure, happy,etc). However even though they say they're successfully imported, I do not see any difference before and after the import, when I use the Test on Player function. My guess is I'm not actually importing your files, but the stock ones from SL 1.60?

edit: actually after checking the SLFramework 1.6.7z file, I notice that the /skse/plugins/sexlab folder is empty in the 7z. Does that mean the expression files are generated at the time I do the install? I was wondering why there are overwrite files in MO after doing the 1.60 upgrade..

just fixed it. seems like the problem was because the save I kept loading from to test had to update to SLFramework 1.60 Final every time I load it (it's using 1.60 RC2). I guess the skse scripts which generated the expression files during the update were overwriting the ones in the overwrite folder? lol

Seems to work fine once I let the update run, save, and try to import from overwrite folder again. 

Actually after doing a bit more investigation, I think the cause of this problem is because I made a FNIS patch at some point and the Expression files from /SKSE/Plugins/SexLab left in the overwrite from the 1.60 Framework upgrade were batched in together with this FNIS patch. I'm finalizing my migration to MO from NMM and I found out about this today when I checked my FNIS patch to see why creatures weren't animating, and I found out it's because my FNIS was at a higher priority than the unofficial patches, which in turn meant the files in FNIS were being overwritten by the files from the unofficial patches. That's how I also saw that my FNIS patch was overwriting the sexlab expression files.

Actually after doing a bit more investigation, I think the cause of this problem is because I made a FNIS patch at some point and the Expression files from /SKSE/Plugins/SexLab left in the overwrite from the 1.60 Framework upgrade were batched in together with this FNIS patch. I'm finalizing my migration to MO from NMM and I found out about this today when I checked my FNIS patch to see why creatures weren't animating, and I found out it's because my FNIS was at a higher priority than the unofficial patches, which in turn meant the files in FNIS were being overwritten by the files from the unofficial patches. That's how I also saw that my FNIS patch was overwriting the sexlab expression files.

Thanks for posting the follow up on what it was! 

Always important to let people know what fixed your issue in case someone else hits the same thing.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Is this already integrated into Sexlab Framework 1.62 ? If not, does it work with 1.62 without issue ? Also I'm fairly new to using Mod Organizer, how do I install this and have it "Looks Good" ? Tried "set data directory", which usally works for stuff similar to this but it wont for this.

• 4 months later...

Archived