Low FPS and script issues?

Hey, I have a problem with my game.. I'm getting 15 fps max everywhere (inside and outside) and it drops even lower with terrible lag spikes added to it. After a minute or so a window pops up saying that my frostfall wont work because my game's scripting system is working too slowly. 

It's on a save that I've been playing on for some time now and I had similar problems before. I'd get a sudden fps drop (and the script warning after a minute) when I went outside but I'd just have to restart and I could continue playing for an hour or 2 before that would happen again. The fps only dropped when I was outside, not inside. 

But yesterday the fps dropped while I was outside fighting and that never happened before, now the fps doesn't improve while i'm inside a building or after a restart. I researched about this problem but most people seem to have no fps loss when having these scripting issues, I also dont have to wait seconds for my character to do something, like picking up an ingredient and it seems that most people with the script issues do need to wait for things like that.

I'm honestly out of ideas so I hope I could get some help here.

You can find a lot of info here: http://modwat.ch/denwijnen#/plugins

And you can find the dxdiag and papyrus logs under attachments.

I use MO, SKSE, FNIS, Wrye, Loot and TES5Edit.

Thanks in advance

-Denwijnen

DxDiag.txt

papyrus logs.rar

Papyrus (Skyrim.ini)

First section is the most important. Papyrus, which is the scripting system Skyrim uses, is very fragile. The most popular tweak for it will overload it, and can hurt performance, and overwork the CPU.

Replace anything you have here (in Skyrim.ini) with the default settings (vanilla master Skyrim.ini uses these numbers):

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

iMinMemoryPageSize=128

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

bEnableProfiling=0

Notice that the MS values is ~660x smaller than what some recommend (800)?  To put it simply, 60fps requires around 16.6ms max to be spent on rendering each frame. Allowing up to 800ms of CPU time to one task is not a good idea, it needs to share CPU time with other things. Also notice the small memory values. Setting these larger is not a good idea, just read the link below to know why.

If you are running a script-heavy setup (you shouldn't be), and your scripts start to misbehave/perform badly, you could increase the fUpdateBudgetMS value in increments (to 1.6, then 2.0 at max). This will help prevent the additional time in fExtraTaskletBudgetMS being allocated to the CPU, instead adding a smaller amount to additionally always be allocated to the CPU. This will ensure all scripts have sufficient time to run.

Copied directly from the Skyrim Stability Guide

Papyrus (Skyrim.ini)
First section is the most important. Papyrus, which is the scripting system Skyrim uses, is very fragile. The most popular tweak for it will overload it, and can hurt performance, and overwork the CPU.

Replace anything you have here (in Skyrim.ini) with the default settings (vanilla master Skyrim.ini uses these numbers):
[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
bEnableProfiling=0

Notice that the MS values is ~660x smaller than what some recommend (800)?  To put it simply, 60fps requires around 16.6ms max to be spent on rendering each frame. Allowing up to 800ms of CPU time to one task is not a good idea, it needs to share CPU time with other things. Also notice the small memory values. Setting these larger is not a good idea, just read the link below to know why.

If you are running a script-heavy setup (you shouldn't be), and your scripts start to misbehave/perform badly, you could increase the fUpdateBudgetMS value in increments (to 1.6, then 2.0 at max). This will help prevent the additional time in fExtraTaskletBudgetMS being allocated to the CPU, instead adding a smaller amount to additionally always be allocated to the CPU. This will ensure all scripts have sufficient time to run.

Damn, I must have read over that.. Stupid of me.

Anyways, thank you kind sir!

Papyrus (Skyrim.ini)

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
bEnableProfiling=0

Get back to us if that doesn't help. There are some other things we might be able to try, like eliminating some of the heavy scripted mods for lighter versions.

I know CoT uses heavy scripting. Part of why I switched to Pure Weather.

Papyrus (Skyrim.ini)

[Papyrus]
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
bEnableProfiling=0

Get back to us if that doesn't help. There are some other things we might be able to try, like eliminating some of the heavy scripted mods for lighter versions.

I know CoT uses heavy scripting. Part of why I switched to Pure Weather.

Okay, it seems to have solved the fps problem but I just got the script warning again. Before the changes in the ini file my skyrim would have dropped to 15 fps but I still have a solid 45 fps now so that's good.

mmm that papyrus log is full of script errors, and its look that some of them are missing (probably because you deactivate/uninstall some mods)
Please give us a detail of all the mod you have, and if you remove recently any mod with scripts.

All I know is I've used Wrye Bash to remove masters, loaded up a save, saved again, then cleaned with that and it's helped a few times.

All I know is I've used Wrye Bash to remove masters, loaded up a save, saved again, then cleaned with that and it's helped a few times.

mmm that papyrus log is full of script errors, and its look that some of them are missing (probably because you deactivate/uninstall some mods)

Please give us a detail of all the mod you have, and if you remove recently any mod with scripts.

I've got no deactived mods and the only mods that I removed are ones that added a few weapons.

Archived