[Help/Request] Editing Succubus Mesh

Hello, I'm looking for help editing a mesh from a mod called "Succubus Queen Attire." I 'm looking to edit the gauntlet mesh but cannot achieve the effect I want in nifskope, since I cannot get the Blender .nif files to work with Skyrim meshes at all. Spent hours trying to get Blender up but it wouldn't load .nifs.

Basically, this mesh has a clawed gauntlet on the left hand and bracers on both forearms. I'm looking to remove both bracers and leave just the gauntlet on the left hand. The bracers clip with the outfit I want to use the gauntlet with. There is a ring on the right hand as well, I'm not hugely attached to it if it needs to be removed. There's also some weird two part fake-wrist looking thing underneath the bracers that I was trying to remove. I attached the .nif below.

I have two screenshots here highlighting what I'm trying to do. [ One  Two ] The Green highlights what I want to keep : the clawed gauntlet on the left hand. The Red highlights what I want to remove : the two bracers, one on each forearm. I was trying to remove the puffy lacey thing along the edge of each bracer as well, but they're attached to the gauntlet in nifskope and I couldn't edit it.

I'm not sure how to edit this myself without Blender working - that's the only program I've ever been able to edit .nif's with and it's been a looong time since I've done it. I'd be hugely grateful is anyone with time to spare could try to do this and remove the bracers. I'd be grateful for instructions on how to do it myself as well. Thanks for any help, the mesh I'm trying to edit is attached. 

gauntlets_0.nif

Okay so I'm confused again:

1. You said the first link I posted was correct, but that seems to be for a later version of Blender (2.6)
  2. The thread you linked is for Blender 2.49
  3. The most up-to-date tutorial is for nif scripts v.2.6.x, but the page that tutorial directs to for the scripts download only goes up to 2.5.x, there are no downloads for 2.6.x.
  4. The 2.6.x tutorial recommends Blender 2.49, but the method it details for integrating the scripts into Blender does not exist in 2.49 (there is no File->User Preferences option)
  5. I'm confused

Yeah I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I install Blender 2.49, pyffi 2.1.11, python 2.6, nif scripts 2.5.9, and Blender fails to load any .nif I select. I select .nif and I see an error pop up for a fraction of a second before I'm back at square one. All these tutorials are for oblivion and even morrowind, so they're almost ten years out of date.

Is there, say, a page with all the pertinent download links and a tutorial on what to do with them? I see walkthroughs on using Blender 2.5, or 2.6, without specifying exactly which, and nif scripts 2.6.x...but with no links for any of these. Blender is easy enough to get I suppose but the tutorial contradicts itself on that, saying that it requires 2.5 but recommends 2.6 for development. I'm just trying to remove some bracers from the posted .nif here, but it feels like I'm building the spaceship for the manned mission to Mars.

um, actually it written here , in the tutorials. um me dk  but if you can spare your time to read, me think its doable c: and if you dont know something, please ask over tehre, me think ppl will everntually answer it C:

also, dont forget to get nifskope, its really useful and youre gonna getting used to it if youre going to use 3dsoffie.

Ohh okay I see what you're saying now, thanks. I looked through the two files in that post. The post is for armor conversions and was helpful in getting the right settings so the .nif would import correctly. However, most the the tutorials don't seem to give any information I can use. For me, the edited and exported .nif just shows up as a red ! in game when I try to equip the glove. This happens when I use the default settings and when I use the settings the tutorials from that thread says to use.

In this screenshot, is there a way to separate the bracers from the glove? They are attached but if I could separate them then I could delete the bracers easily. 

if you only want the bracers..

select the bracer, and go to edit mode, and then

press "b" twice to get the circle selection brush

1In9CDy.png

select the bracers part, and when its done, press "P" and click "selected"

dbHwQEc.png

thats it c:

Ohhkay I feel like I'm closer now. However, a new problem. Now that I've seperated the bracers from the glove, I've changed that tree in nifSkope. With the tree altered the BSLightingShaderProperty and NiAlphaProperty will no longer copy over with Copy Branch. When I try to copy any of those branches I get errors like these [ One  Two ]

Without those Properties copied, I just get a big red ! in game. Do you know how I can get them to copy with the seperated trees ?

On a semi-related note, is it possible to get nifSkope to display textures when using Mod organizer? No mods actually go into your Skyrim\Data directory with MO, so I cannot tell nifSkope where to look for textures.

Here's the .nif I've created. I separated the bracers from the glove and one of the puffy sleeve things from the hand. This creates two new trees in nifskope, so I can't copy the NiAlphaProperty or BSLightingShaderProperty back. The model is also all white in nifskope which it doesn't look like it should be, so I'm not sure what I did? Also changed both versions back to 12 and 83. 

I spent quite some time reading the tutorial but ultimately it's for something else, adapting bodies to armor, and there's not enough overlap between that and what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to split up trees and delete others but the tutorial doesn't say much about that.

I thank you for your replies, hopefully we can make this happen !

gauntlets_0.nif

I didn't. The problem is I don't know what I'm supposed do and what I'm supposed to skip from this walkthrough since it's for something entirely different from what I'm trying to do. I figured out how to split the screen and am trying to do the UV stuff. It could be tough since some of the meshes are on top of others - is there a way to make a mesh temporarily invisible in Blender so I can see what's beneath? Also each time I save a UV map it seems to overwrite the previous file. Am I supposed to name each one differently or save them all with the same name ? 

Hmm okay, there were some steps that didn't seem to make sense for what I was trying to do, since I just want to separate and delete some parts of the mesh rather than mold it to an armor. Do you know how I can make a mesh temporarily invisible in Blender so I can get to the meshes underneath it? If that's possible that is

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I've spent days trying everything possible according to the tutorials and I simply cannot get the edited mesh to work. Thanks for your help but I'm just going to give up.

um, me actually didnt know where it didnt work, so me not exactly knows. probie you can send the latest nif you made before giving up? o-o

Archived