Aspect of Peryite Save Killer Bug

A strange bug has struck me that randomly engages dialouge with peryite out of nowhere after deactivating a random mod. installing the mod again seems to freeze the problem but so does quest advancement and receiving items. Here is a thread talking about it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62113942

The solution(s) in the thread did not fix this problem and as it is evident here, the problem isn't only mine. Please help, I can't play Skyrim again until light shines on this problem :(

Did you make a clean save?

Disable the mod and fire up skyrim, the load your current save. Once it loads hit escape and select new save, then exit the game. Now restart skyrim and load the save you just made and see if there are any changes.

NOTE: You MUST exit the game after you make your new save, it is NOT enough to just save and then load that save!!!!

Did you make a clean save?

Disable the mod and fire up skyrim' date=' the load your current save. Once it loads hit escape and select new save, then exit the game. Now restart skyrim and load the save you just made and see if there are any changes.

NOTE: You MUST exit the game after you make your new save, it is NOT enough to just save and then load that save!!!!

[/quote']

It doesn't appear to be a mod based problem, but rather an in-game. It used to be a mod called Dynavision. After making a clean install, it didnt matter what mod is injected in the game. The save files themselves have become haunted by Peryite's aspect

If the save game has become corrupted then you are likely out of luck. Tools may come to help fix things like this but I wouldn't expect them for some time.

This reinforces the modders 1st rule: before installing something make a backup. Too late in this case but it will save you in the future.

If the save game has become corrupted then you are likely out of luck. Tools may come to help fix things like this but I wouldn't expect them for some time.

This reinforces the modders 1st rule: before installing something make a backup. Too late in this case but it will save you in the future.

Thanks for the sage advice, but the bug seems to be as rare as it is inevitable and no backup can save us few.

The bug occured with all sorts of unrelated mods to other different people so its impossible that mods are the main responsible thing for the bug

I hope somewhere out there, a modder trips on this bug and release an unofficial fix. I wished I knew how to let bethesda know. This thread is defnitely not dead until I get to enjoy and some unheard others skyrim.

lol, aspect of peryite 2012

Not sure if this will help but you can give it a try.

When you follow this link

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Only_Cure

you will find a table with queststages almost at the end of the page.

Try to get stages or even the hole quest done by using the setstage command with the console. See also the last point on that page for further informations.

Already tried, If I do the engaging of dialouge stops, but you can do anything because peryite's aspect is still trying to talk to me. I confirmed this by installing the ask follower skills and with the mod, peryite can be confirmed to be trying to talk to me

im getting the exact same bug, tried fresh install with no luck :( i've heard that the arena three can cause this bug, but really i have no clue, ive tried many things, ran boss and still no luck.

If anyone knows of any fix or suggestion, let me know, skyrim is unplayable for the time being.

im getting the exact same bug' date=' tried fresh install with no luck :( i've heard that the arena three can cause this bug, but really i have no clue, ive tried many things, ran boss and still no luck.

If anyone knows of any fix or suggestion, let me know, skyrim is unplayable for the time being.

[/quote']

Rest assured friend it's not your fault. The bug occurs randomly to any given mod uninstalled. As far as I can tell, the bug is an in-game cancer rather a mod activated one because mine triggered via a mod called dynavision which is totally unrelated to arena 3 and most other people's reasons. Just pop around now and then in this thread, perhaps a kind person would move the finger

I also experience the same bug. I posted about it in the Bethesda forums. Link here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1361006-aspect-of-peryite-comes-out-of-nowhere-and-insists-that-you-talk-to-him-forever-bug/'>http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1361006-aspect-of-peryite-comes-out-of-nowhere-and-insists-that-you-talk-to-him-forever-bug/

In my case, the conversation that Peryite insists on talking about is his daedric quest, The Only Cure ( http://uesp.net/wiki...m:The_Only_Cure ). This is the last conversation he gives you before giving you the quest reward, and letting you go. Even if you 'finish' the conversation, he'll initiate another conversation a second or two later. Going to another indoor location, will not stop Peryite, as he will initiate conversation again.

I have already finished the quest, 'The Only Cure', months ago (both real-world time and game-time). This bug only happened in the savegame of my oldest character (Level 59) who has finished that quest. I have a Level 20+ and 30+ character - but with the same set of mods, the Aspect of Peryite doesn't haunt them.

A possible cause is due to a removed mod. I tried reinstalling all mods that might have caused this problem, but the bug persists (I might have forgotten what that mod was or have deleted that mod - either way, I can't 'restore' that mod). I tried removing all mods and then loading older savegames (which are in different locations), but to my dismay, the Aspect of Peryite is still there, haunting me forever.

A possible fix I can think of is to use the 'disable' command on the Aspect of Peryite. However, I can't target the Aspect of Peryite (he's invisible - although in the related quest he is not [might be because the character was on drugs]) and I don't know his RefID (tried UESP.net, but it isn't there). I tried blindly shooting the command on whatever my cursor targets, but Peryite can't be hit (I mostly ended up disabling walls and stuff). I tried the 'help' console command, but I can't find the right RefID.

Anyone know any solutions or troubleshooting methods? Or can anyone tell me the Aspect of Peryite's RefID, so I could disable him forever thru console commands?

List of my mods, screenshots, saved game are in my post in this thread at the Bethesda forums: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1361006-aspect-of-peryite-comes-out-of-nowhere-and-insists-that-you-talk-to-him-forever-bug/

This bug has also been previously reported here ( http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1355973-aspect-of-peryite-dialogue-spam-loop-poss-spoilers/ ):

I've completed The Only Cure quest long time ago. Lately, in the wilderness, upon loading a saved game, the Aspect of Peryite dialogue appeared and started to spam me (with the dialogue that supposed to be in the end of the quest). The camera angle is limited, so I can turn from left to right, but cannot turn around. If I choose dialogue option or Tab out of conversation it opens again, usually immediately, sometimes after two or three seconds. If I try to talk to someone else, the Peryite dialogue takes over no matter how fast I am.

I also experience the same bug. I posted about it in the Bethesda forums. Link here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1361006-aspect-of-peryite-comes-out-of-nowhere-and-insists-that-you-talk-to-him-forever-bug/'>http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1361006-aspect-of-peryite-comes-out-of-nowhere-and-insists-that-you-talk-to-him-forever-bug/

In my case' date=' the conversation that Peryite insists on talking about is his daedric quest, The Only Cure ( http://uesp.net/wiki...m:The_Only_Cure ). This is the last conversation he gives you before giving you the quest reward, and letting you go. Even if you 'finish' the conversation, he'll initiate another conversation a second or two later. Going to another indoor location, will not stop Peryite, as he will initiate conversation again.

I have already finished the quest, 'The Only Cure', months ago (both real-world time and game-time). This bug only happened in the savegame of my oldest character (Level 59) who has finished that quest. I have a Level 20+ and 30+ character - but with the same set of mods, the Aspect of Peryite doesn't haunt them.

A possible cause is due to a removed mod. I tried reinstalling all mods that might have caused this problem, but the bug persists (I might have forgotten what that mod was or have deleted that mod - either way, I can't 'restore' that mod). I tried removing all mods and then loading older savegames (which are in different locations), but to my dismay, the Aspect of Peryite is still there, haunting me forever.

A possible fix I can think of is to use the 'disable' command on the Aspect of Peryite. However, I can't target the Aspect of Peryite (he's invisible - although in the related quest he is not [might be because the character was on drugs]) and I don't know his RefID (tried UESP.net, but it isn't there). I tried blindly shooting the command on whatever my cursor targets, but Peryite can't be hit (I mostly ended up disabling walls and stuff). I tried the 'help' console command, but I can't find the right RefID.

Anyone know any solutions or troubleshooting methods? Or can anyone tell me the Aspect of Peryite's RefID, so I could disable him forever thru console commands?

List of my mods, screenshots, saved game are in my post in this thread at the Bethesda forums: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1361006-aspect-of-peryite-comes-out-of-nowhere-and-insists-that-you-talk-to-him-forever-bug/

This bug has also been previously reported here ( http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1355973-aspect-of-peryite-dialogue-spam-loop-poss-spoilers/ ):

I've completed The Only Cure quest long time ago. Lately, in the wilderness, upon loading a saved game, the Aspect of Peryite dialogue appeared and started to spam me (with the dialogue that supposed to be in the end of the quest). The camera angle is limited, so I can turn from left to right, but cannot turn around. If I choose dialogue option or Tab out of conversation it opens again, usually immediately, sometimes after two or three seconds. If I try to talk to someone else, the Peryite dialogue takes over no matter how fast I am.

nah, its any uninstalled mod friend. most victims uninstalled completely unrelated mods and became victimised by the bug. i have already given up and loaded a save 200 hours from my 400 hours save that is now corrupted

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I registered an account just so I could reply to this thread. I was roughly able to fix my problem, I can't guarantee whether this will work for others but it did for me.

First, I loaded an old save with my main character on it. The aspect of Peryite started harassing me so I accepted his quest to kill the target... I then used the console to advance me through the quest using the following commands:

"setstage DA13 75" This took me to the part after the target had been killed. Peryite spoke to me again and when prompted I ended the conversation only to have him spam me again... So I then used:

"setstage DA13 100" which completed the quest. After doing this, I was unable to leave Peryite's final dialogue, so I typed "coc whiterun" as it was the nearest town. I was able to walk around again so I used "resetstage DA13" just to be sure it won't mess anything up in my game... And found I was able to move freely and talk to NPCs again!

However I've noticed that I have to use the keyboard to select dialogue options as using the mouse will cause it to glitch out and I have to exit the conversation and start again... Also, to use NPC services such as buying/selling, I have to select a conversation topic first otherwise it won't work. For some reason talking to a vender about something else enables the shop functions to work when selected. Aside from this, everything seems to be working and the aspect of peryite hasn't spoken to me since.

As I said I can't guarantee this will work for everyone as there seems to be no proper fix available right now, but so far I've not encountered any problems and my previously unplayable save is now working as fine as it could be this side of a patch. Hope this helps :)

Hi there' date='

I registered an account just so I could reply to this thread. I was roughly able to fix my problem, I can't guarantee whether this will work for others but it did for me.

First, I loaded an old save with my main character on it. The aspect of Peryite started harassing me so I accepted his quest to kill the target... I then used the console to advance me through the quest using the following commands:

"setstage DA13 75" This took me to the part after the target had been killed. Peryite spoke to me again and when prompted I ended the conversation only to have him spam me again... So I then used:

"setstage DA13 100" which completed the quest. After doing this, I was unable to leave Peryite's final dialogue, so I typed "coc whiterun" as it was the nearest town. I was able to walk around again so I used "resetstage DA13" just to be sure it won't mess anything up in my game... And found I was able to move freely and talk to NPCs again!

However I've noticed that I have to use the keyboard to select dialogue options as using the mouse will cause it to glitch out and I have to exit the conversation and start again... Also, to use NPC services such as buying/selling, I have to select a conversation topic first otherwise it won't work. For some reason talking to a vender about something else enables the shop functions to work when selected. Aside from this, everything seems to be working and the aspect of peryite hasn't spoken to me since.

As I said I can't guarantee this will work for everyone as there seems to be no proper fix available right now, but so far I've not encountered any problems and my previously unplayable save is now working as fine as it could be this side of a patch. Hope this helps :)

[/quote']

interesting solution. I don't need the solution anymore because I scarpped my fallen save file ages ago, but I hope somebody here who has the same problem validates your claim and make great use of your solution :D

• 2 months later...

i fixed it, for myself at least.

as soon as you freeze from the subtitle and voice, type "coc riverwood"(or wherever else) into the console. there will be about 2 seconds in which you can press escape and make a new save. make sure your mods are disabled. after that, exit your game and restart with your new save.

Archived