Minimizing face and body color discrepancies for low-end PCs

Is there a mod that makes face textures the same as body textures for low end PCs?  Currently, I am using http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6709/? for bodies and http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30/? for faces, and depending on the NPC and the angle of light, the face color may be slightly off from body color.  I considered using http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/? which did fix the problem, but after installing it, I could not leave a cell without CTD.  Most likely because my computer could not handle the graphics.

Texture Optimizer by Ordinator.

Fair Skin is 4K RES,

I put through the Optimizer it pops out a 2K Res and file size is 1/4 what it was before totally fixes the issue of Black Body.

BTW 4K RES textures are going to absolutely choke anything that doesn't have at least 4 G VRAM.  PPL that get by are just losing performance.

Yeah Optimizer Textures works great.

No more blocky faces is for vanilla textures, the normals from "fair skin" are better (stunning actually) and that is what you should use. Actually that is what was causing the color mismatch from faces and body.

Wait, are you saying that Fair Skin causes color mismatch, or the lack of it causes color mismatch?  So Optimizer Textures does not add its own textures but rather reduces the size of the textures that you are using (in this case, Fair Skin) as to minimize CTD upon leaving cells?  But if I am going to be using another texture for faces, would it be redundant to keep Blocky Face Remover as that is only for vanilla textures?

If the face texture pack you are using has it's own normal map yes you don't need no more blocky faces.

Here is what I recommend:

Install Fair Skin Complexion with MO, extract Optimizer Textures and start it, browse to the folder you installed Fair Skin, disable all the check boxes which says "compress" in the text and and run it.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

TIP

Don't put MSN files aka the normal map Through the Optimizer or any other such program.

Normal maps tend to be a much smaller file size as is so they don't hurt you as much.

Basically if you compress or resize the normal's your going to end up with a crap blocky mess that although some might now notice well come on your going to notice.

Keep the Fair Skin Normal Maps untouched!

Wait, are you saying that Fair Skin causes color mismatch, or the lack of it causes color mismatch?  So Optimizer Textures does not add its own textures but rather reduces the size of the textures that you are using (in this case, Fair Skin) as to minimize CTD upon leaving cells?  But if I am going to be using another texture for faces, would it be redundant to keep Blocky Face Remover as that is only for vanilla textures?

Listen.

You want your body and face texture to come from the same source.

If you don't your going to have color mismatch that just isn't what you want.

Fair Skin, is HIGH END RES.  You don't need blocky face remover.

Cause the Normals in Fair Skin are perfect and not compressed garbage.

-------------------------------------------------

Your going to be super hard pressed to find anything and I mean this I have downloaded just about every freakin unp texture under the Nexus and few abroad your just not going to find textures as good as FairSkin.

Most any texture for UNP is like 512 or 1024 RES.

Then you got your one off super awesome face lifts that actually don't match a body texture for some weird reason.

There's probably about 50 different skins for UNP and Fair Skin is pretty much the highest res your going to easily find.

Being High Res though is an issue.

But like I said take the color textures and run those through Optimizer,

Keep your normal untouched and blam no more BLACK BODY or Ctd issue.

---------------------------------------------------

Next issue your going to face is...............

TINT's man people like making Tints and they call these tints

Makeup

Trouble with those is a lot of those tints are also garbage really Low Res.  And sometimes they are re-worked files from someone elses work ><

What you want is to google up FAIR SKIN makeup!

Racemenu Overlay Compilation

Make sure that is installed before Racemenu

Its easier to adjust the File Overwrite order with MO.

I got the face morph by taking the FaceGeom meshes from Beautiful Followers- All in one.

I took the FaceGeom\Skyrim\ "nifs"

Dropped that into a folder in SKSE\Plugins\chargen\presets\ Put Face Geometry folder here aka "Skyrim.esm" Folder from SBF will contain face geometry meshes.

You can stick any follower face geometry mesh in there and have there face not color just the face shape.

Hold on.  So is the plan still to uninstall Blocky Face Remover, install Fair Skin Textures in order to fix color mismatch, and then to run Fair Skin Textures through Optimizer Textures via:

"Install Fair Skin Complexion with MO, extract Optimizer Textures and start it, browse to the folder you installed Fair Skin, disable all the check boxes which says 'compress' in the text and and run it."

In order to mitigate CTD upon leaving cells, or should I do something else?

Remove Blocky Face Remover by Xenious----------Not Needed Fair Skin provides a superior normal map

Install Fair Skin

in its menu make sure to install its makeup and eyebrows

Install Ordinator

Mine is installed on the desktop in a folder for itself.

I have another folder in that one that I place the textures I want to compress in it.

This way I'm not hosing down my entire skyrim textures install when I only just want to fix one mods textures.

This also makes navigation to the textures I want to trim down faster cause I will always place the textures from a new mod I just downloaded in this folder before placing them into the correct MO folder for usage in the game.

Make sure not to alter the MSN file textures those are the Fair Skin Normals, you want those untouched.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this Normal Map / MSN file this dude keeps mentioning.

A normal map is a texture colored blue looks just like a blue image of the object that is colored.

The Deepness of Blue or its Lightness Tells the Video Card how to Fake Extra three Dimensional Details onto the surface of the object you are viewing in the game.  Most Objects you look at in game have a flat mesh even the BOOKs but with a normal map that Book looks like it has DEPTH or actual Rises and Falls in the Letters printed across its surface rather than a flat image.

If your Normal map is of poor quality or compressed or resized incorrectly your going to get Artifacting or basically "Blocky Faces"

Example

Imagine a Nipple on a Tit.

without a normal map the divet in the center from which the milk comes is actually just a dark spot and doesn't appear to crease inwards. It looks flat.

With a normal map that crease actually DOES divet inwards in real time while looking at it.

With a crappy map that crease might not be there and in fact you will see squares or stripes across the whole breast.  This is called artifacts.

With a properly made normal map, you will see the crease in the nipple, and you will see that the nipple stands out from the breast.

That's what I said. Fair skin textures has all teh female textures. But it's too hi res. Depending on your vram you should go down in size. Read this tutorial http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36124/?to understand how it works.

I have the cbbe version of fair skin, here's what I did. I have 2GBvram:

1.Ran TOptimizer and unchecked everything except "Resize Patterns...16x16 and Resize DOWN...IF > 2048"

2. after that I resized ALL the head and hands further "Resize DOWN...IF > 1024"

3.Finally resized the tintmasks "Resize DOWN...IF > 512"

Remove Blocky Face Remover by Xenious----------Not Needed Fair Skin provides a superior normal map

Install Fair Skin

in its menu make sure to install its makeup and eyebrows

Install Ordinator

Mine is installed on the desktop in a folder for itself.

I have another folder in that one that I place the textures I want to compress in it.

This way I'm not hosing down my entire skyrim textures install when I only just want to fix one mods textures.

This also makes navigation to the textures I want to trim down faster cause I will always place the textures from a new mod I just downloaded in this folder before placing them into the correct MO folder for usage in the game.

Make sure not to alter the MSN file textures those are the Fair Skin Normals, you want those untouched.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this Normal Map / MSN file this dude keeps mentioning.

A normal map is a texture colored blue looks just like a blue image of the object that is colored.

The Deepness of Blue or its Lightness Tells the Video Card how to Fake Extra three Dimensional Details onto the surface of the object you are viewing in the game.  Most Objects you look at in game have a flat mesh even the BOOKs but with a normal map that Book looks like it has DEPTH or actual Rises and Falls in the Letters printed across its surface rather than a flat image.

If your Normal map is of poor quality or compressed or resized incorrectly your going to get Artifacting or basically "Blocky Faces"

Example

Imagine a Nipple on a Tit.

without a normal map the divet in the center from which the milk comes is actually just a dark spot and doesn't appear to crease inwards.

With a normal map that crease actually DOES divet inwards in real time while looking at it.

With a crappy map that crease might not be there and in fact you will see squares or stripes across the whole breast.  This is called artifacts.

With a properly made normal map, you will see the crease in the nipple, and you will see that the nipple stands out from the breast.

Why do you insist on not resizing the normals. The ones included are insane for low end PCs and while I agree compressing them is a waste because fair skin normals look so beautiful, shrinking without compression still looks good and doesn't cause any glitch as far as I can see.

Well I might give it a go later on without compression.

Anyways I need to do some work around the house.

-----------------------------------

I hope im making some sort of since if not sorry been up all night modding and mesh working.

I have just preferred to leave normal maps untouched because I do notice when they are off a bit.

Leaving them as they are actually doesn't detract from the model though the models color file has been altered.

You know don't expect me to know everything, I do know a lot and I know a little bit about a lotta different things when it comes to modding. 

Anyways gotta trim some trees.

That's what I said. Fair skin textures has all teh female textures. But it's too hi res. Depending on your vram you should go down in size. Read this tutorial http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36124/?to understand how it works.

I have the cbbe version of fair skin, here's what I did. I have 2GBvram:

1.Ran TOptimizer and unchecked everything except "Resize Patterns...16x16 and Resize DOWN...IF > 2048"

2. after that I resized ALL the head and hands further "Resize DOWN...IF > 1024"

3.Finally resized the tintmasks "Resize DOWN...IF > 512"

Of those 3 steps, I managed to figure out how to do the first one.  I will see how my game runs before attempting the other 2 (I'm not quite sure how to do the other 2, as I just performed the first action on C:\Games\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character).

Edit: OK, doing the above solved my CTD problem and reduced the chance of black face/body issues.  "Reduced" means that it will only happen after a few cell changes (at least 3, more frequent as you play more).  Fortunately, this is easily fixed by simply exiting the game and booting it up again (heck, it might even be a system to tell me that I've been playing for too long).  However, does anyone have a better solution?

Move all the textures that have "body" in their name someplace else (they are located in the "female" folder), and do the first step again only this time change 2048 to 1024. That's step 2.

Step 3 is doing step one again (with 512 instead of 2048 this time) on the folder "tintmasks" located in the "character assets" folder.

Move back the "body" textures. Done.

All this is assuming you installed the mod with MO or manually in a temporary folder. Do not use TOptimizer on your entire Skyrim texture folder.

Archived