[Help]Issues with creating a racemenu plugin

Hello Hello

Im a novice trying to create a body paint set (Hands, Body, Feet, Face, Etc.) and i hit an issue in the tutorial on racemenu here

I don't really have alot of knowledge in creation kit outside of editing weapon/armor stats so i dont really know what most of the things here are, however i was able to make up to step 12 on my own before i had issues. I couldn't find racemenuload in the scripts list so i looked into the premade and it was there so i moved on in the steps using the premade one.

After getting to create a custom script i got lost it says

"Open the script in your editor of choice and change extends Quest to extends RaceMenuBase"

but which one do i edit, the racemenuload or the custom script you needed to make?

Go to the page you just linked. Then go to Files. Then install the modders package. It has your racemenu scripts that you were missing.

I followed the steps, i have it installed and everything

i said earlier i went into the premade one given by this package, there seems to be something wrong with "RaceMenuLoad"

I don't really know how to explain it without pretty much word for word quoting the instructions on the page. It isn't a "premade one" like you think. You use it as an asset when you make your own esp and link it. It gives you the necessary scripts.

Easiest way to do this is to forget what you think you know and start over. Follow it step by step to the letter. The instructions are so dumbed down that it's really hard for me to explain it any simpler. Kind of like explaining 2 + 2 = 4, you pretty much end up back at 2 + 2 = 4.

If you still can't figure it out. Then I guess you could try http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49349/?

I'm not sure if it works for the current racemenu but the mods made with this still work so...

I don't really know how to explain it without pretty much word for word quoting the instructions on the page. It isn't a "premade one" like you think. You use it as an asset when you make your own esp and link it. It gives you the necessary scripts.

Easiest way to do this is to forget what you think you know and start over. Follow it step by step to the letter. The instructions are so dumbed down that it's really hard for me to explain it any simpler. Kind of like explaining 2 + 2 = 4, you pretty much end up back at 2 + 2 = 4.

If you still can't figure it out. Then I guess you could try http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49349/?

I'm not sure if it works for the current racemenu but the mods made with this still work so...

I see, maybe i just need to look at it more.

And thanks for that link it looks like a good plan B if i cant figure this out.

from what i read in the comments it works with the current RaceMenu

Archived