I know that for poison and elemental resistance, even if the item enchantment says that it is 100%, it is actually 85%. That's why vampires can still get poisoned, despite supposedly have 100% poison resistance. However, what about disease resistance? I know that for vampires and werewolves, 100% resistance means 100% resistance, but what about for item enchantments? For example, if you're not a vampire or werewolf but are wearing Hevnoraak's mask, can you ever get infected by any disease?

100% disease resistance by any means (vampire, werewolf, enchantments, etc) should give complete disease immunity. The % amount decreases your chances of getting the disease, so you should have a 0% chance of getting a disease if the enchantment gives a 100% resistance.  According to the Disease page on UESP wiki, you can sometimes still get a disease from traps even with 100% resistance.

As far as I know yes, disease resistance is only stand-alone resistance that you can have a true 100% immunity to. Resist fire, frost and shock can stack with resist magic to give you almost a 100% resistance, since each element resistance is calculated after the resist magic effect, but never complete immunity. 

I know that for poison and elemental resistance, even if the item enchantment says that it is 100%, it is actually 85%. That's why vampires can still get poisoned, despite supposedly have 100% poison resistance.

That's been bugging me for so long.

Archived