morning

Hello.

@ Inte

The last set of exchanges got me thinking.  Shouldn't Major/Hardcore prisoners maybe not also have to be gagged when in the cells? :@

If they are cuffed so as not to be able to bash or scratch anyone, why not ring gagged, so that whilst they can at least eat their slops off the floor, they can't bite, or shout intelligible abuse at, the jailer?

:angel:

I concur. 

More restraints, not less.

Yeah, so you can define how much a day is worth to substract from your bounty. I find 400-500g of bounty for a day to be a good balance for the common crimes. However the system is wanting, as it is easy to rack up a huge bounty and be confined for a month. Especially with the skoomawhore addicted addon. Using the bounty amount to define the severity of a punishment isn't the best choice around in term of game mechanic. I could carry around a lot of stolen and valuable goods, which would send me away for the same amount of time than an assault/murder. I find that a bit silly, I mean, who goes to jail over some forks, spoons and silver goblets (and allegedly 3581 stolen gold coins)?

Windhelm guards were willing to die or kill my PC for 1 gold I stole. 1 fucking gold. :(

But that is the Skyrim mechanic and has nothing to do with POP. 

Speaking of which; Inte, Windhelm prison cell is kinda small and dark isn't it? Windhelm is your favorite city it seems (you've put the jailers place there) yet it has the smallest and crappiest cell? Perhaps you can use one of the buzillion rooms in the jailer place? 

Yeah, so you can define how much a day is worth to substract from your bounty. I find 400-500g of bounty for a day to be a good balance for the common crimes. However the system is wanting, as it is easy to rack up a huge bounty and be confined for a month. Especially with the skoomawhore addicted addon. Using the bounty amount to define the severity of a punishment isn't the best choice around in term of game mechanic. I could carry around a lot of stolen and valuable goods, which would send me away for the same amount of time than an assault/murder. I find that a bit silly, I mean, who goes to jail over some forks, spoons and silver goblets (and allegedly 3581 stolen gold coins)?

Windhelm guards were willing to die or kill my PC for 1 gold I stole. 1 fucking gold. :(

Speaking of which; Inte, Windhelm prison cell is kinda small and dark isn't it? Windhelm is your favorite city it seems (you've put the jailers place there) yet it has the smallest and crappiest cell? Perhaps you can use one of the buzillion rooms in the jailer place? 

Ok, ok, you've talked me into it ... again. ^_^ 

It shall be done for the next POP.

@ Inte

The last set of exchanges got me thinking.  Shouldn't Major/Hardcore prisoners maybe not also have to be gagged when in the cells? :@

If they are cuffed so as not to be able to bash or scratch anyone, why not ring gagged, so that whilst they can at least eat their slops off the floor, they can't bite, or shout intelligible abuse at, the jailer?

I would, but then @JahReit, will blow a gasket. ;)

@ Inte

I concur. 

More restraints, not less.

me too, chained to the wall as well

Still, what possible reason would a prisoner have their hands cuffed while in a cell.  Sorry, but there is no way to make that sound reasonable/immersive.  Would it be to much work to add an option for realistic game play?

On the other hand, I guess it is as realistic as the town beggar paying his yearly alms for a couple shots at the pillory bound PC instead of buying a bottle of boozes or a meal. 

I guess this would be as good a time as any to ask a question I haven't quite figured out:  Why the exorbitant amount of 66 gold?  Is that number arbitrary or does it have a specific meaning for you?

Sorry to be a pain, just trying to make my game play more enjoyable which isn't your problem nor responsibility.  I've always been a stickler for logic where possible - it's a blessing and a curse.

The actual amount exchanged is set in the MCM. Unfortunately Skyrim does not offer any way to dynamically insert said amount into a scene dialog string. The 66 gold? No, it does not have any significance nor is it the actual transaction amount. I could change that so the jailer can say something like 'For however much gold you can afford.' or 'For some gold you can do whatever you want to the prisoner'. I'm open to suggestions on that one.

As far as the cuffs go, they stay.

You say you pride yourself on your logic and yet you compare Skyrim prisons to modern ones. How is it logical to compare modern prisons (which do not fit Skyrim timeline) where prisoners have privileges and rights to medieval ones (which do fit Skyrim's timeline portrayal) where prisoners had very few to no rights, I imagine the major crime prisoners had no rights whatsoever. Probably some being chained to a wall until their death.

Ok, ok, you've talked me into it ... again. ^_^

It shall be done for the next POP.

I knew it. :)

So, update, soon?

And make sure Slorm and I  are represented there by adding that special object. 

Wait a minute, is Slorm still around? 

You say you pride yourself on your logic and yet you compare Skyrim prisons to modern ones. How is it logical to compare modern prisons (which do not fit Skyrim timeline) where prisoners have privileges and rights to medieval ones (which do fit Skyrim's timeline portrayal) where prisoners had very few to no rights, I imagine the major crime prisoners had no rights whatsoever. Probably some being chained to a wall until their death.

A common medieval justice system would either perform a corporal punishment (whipping, stocks...) and/or fine everyone, those who couldn't afford the fine would be imprisoned until their family paid off their fine. Their family was also responsible for feeding and clothing the prisoner while incarcerated as the prison provided no food at all.

That is not "the" system in use everywhere because there was also little uniformity of how things were done but it was a common set of features.

This is what people need to understand, Prison Overhaul provides a set of humiliation sequences for our fictional game characters.

This is not a recreation of some sort of medieval justice system or how things were done "once upon a time".

Please stop.  All I asked was if there was an option to not have hand cuffs, the answer was "not for major crimes" to which I asked if an option could be added.  I admit, in retrospect, I could have used a different tact but I foolishly didn't.  The emotional responses unequivocally proves that.  

And as for comparing Skyrim with modern times, I've played medieval/middle earth type computer games since 1976, so no, I never considered modern justice system.  I was only considering an option for my game, not someone else's game.

The cuffs will not release if major crime and/or hardcore.

For the warp make sure 'Use the Teleport FX' is set to 'No One'.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  So arrested for major crime is a death sentence?  No justice system in this universe nor skyrim's universe would keep an individual hand cuffed while in a jail cell with no way to eat or drink.  Make no sense.  Just hand cuff them outside next to an open grave and wait 2 days for the "needs" mod to kill them.  That would save on food and drink which unnecessarily drop after every good-time visit at night.   Save the city some money and don't even drop the food and drink.   I take it you've never been in jail or you'd know how incredulous that is.  If you can find just one prison in the US or UK or any halfway civilized country where they keep death row inmates in hand cuffs while in their cell, I'll relent and apologize.  btw, those on death row HAVE committed a major crime.

I know this is your mod and I appreciate all the great work you've done and the time spent doing it, but it would be nice if you would make an appropriate realistic option for those of us who would like a somewhat immersive game play.

So the above post is not yours then?  :huh: 

Please stop.  All I asked was if there was an option to not have hand cuffs, the answer was "not for major crimes" to which I asked if an option could be added.  I admit, in retrospect, I could have used a different tact but I foolishly didn't.  The emotional responses unequivocally proves that.  

And as for comparing Skyrim with modern times, I've played medieval/middle earth type computer games since 1976, so no, I never considered modern justice system.  I was only considering an option for my game, not someone else's game.

Don't worry yourself.   I think you're just being teased a bit.   ;) 

Well, that's what I was doing, anyway... :P

Meh.

Skyrim's prison are neither modern of medieval. It's a fantasy prison system that doesn't work. Think about it: you go around killing hundreds, nay thousands, they arrest you with a tap on the wrists and tell you "don't do it again, tsk tsk tsk" and let you go free.

is there any chance [if you think it fits the scene] that after my pc gets raped in the cell she could be left on the floor , I sort of had a ....glitch....and a defeat type after event happened after the guard had finished [which looked great ] but hasn't happened since                

Yes, that would fit in there nicely and it is doable. While the guard babbles on about the food and drink and so on. I'll have to find that pose name, assuming it's one with the hands behind the back so it will fit with the cuffs.