How do skeletons, bodies, and meshes work?

InfinityKage

Sorry for such a noob question but I'm try to better understand this. So lets say you are using sexlab something and you need a nude person capable of custom animations. What is it that you need? Is it a skeleton and a mesh? Is that it or is there something called bodies too? Also. What if you have more than 1 skeleton or mesh installed? Does the game randomly choose one?

Extra: What do you think the best skeleton/mesh combo for sexlab is for males and females?

Body consists of meshes which are basically models of hands, torso, legs and feet assigned together. They as a whole create a body which you download for your character. However it is not the model that is capable of executing animations. To do so you need a skeleton - a set of bones (how trivial, lol), nodes and all the complicated stuff that is hidden beneath model so it can play any animation. If the skeleton you're using is of high quality and designed exactly for the body type you're using the occasional spasm, disfigurements and other anomalies will appear rather rarely.

You can't use more than one skeletons as it's completely illogical and would cause confusion. For example the female skeletons are stored under the location of Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female. There can be only one skeleton_female.nif, skeletonbeast_female.nif and so on. Instaling skeletons over skeletons may cause your characters to acquire weird distortions, especially whilst using HDT. That's why keeping your skeleton files up to date and having a decent order in your game files is so important.

/e

As for SexLab I guess the XPMSE extended by xp32 and Groovtama is the best one available for females, malewise speaking I guess any SOS based skeleton will do just fine.

Your character is basically just dots in spaces that are bound together by a parent tree we call that the skeleton. The dots can be moved by animation and physics.

The body is a mesh, it is rigged to the skeleton layout and when the game equips it it will get matched to the skeleton. And moves with the skeleton.

What skeleton file is used is determined by the path you set in the race, one path for male and for female.

Your character is basically just dots in spaces that are bound together by a parent tree we call that the skeleton. The dots can be moved by animation and physics.

The body is a mesh, it is rigged to the skeleton layout and when the game equips it it will get matched to the skeleton. And moves with the skeleton.

What skeleton file is used is determined by the path you set in the race, one path for male and for female.

Hi :3

Body consists of meshes which are basically models of hands, torso, legs and feet assigned together. They as a whole create a body which you download for your character. However it is not the model that is capable of executing animations. To do so you need a skeleton - a set of bones (how trivial, lol), nodes and all the complicated stuff that is hidden beneath model so it can play any animation. If the skeleton you're using is of high quality and designed exactly for the body type you're using the occasional spasm, disfigurements and other anomalies will appear rather rarely.

You can't use more than one skeletons as it's completely illogical and would cause confusion. For example the female skeletons are stored under the location of Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female. There can be only one skeleton_female.nif, skeletonbeast_female.nif and so on. Instaling skeletons over skeletons may cause your characters to acquire weird distortions, especially whilst using HDT. That's why keeping your skeleton files up to date and having a decent order in your game files is so important.

/e

As for SexLab I guess the XPMSE extended by xp32 and Groovtama is the best one available for females, malewise speaking I guess any SOS based skeleton will do just fine.

Thanks. This is very helpful.

So why do I get a funky squashed left breast with Dayelyte's dog spooning animation in the third stage? I'm using CBBE 3.4b and your 2.50 skeleton. I've always noticed it on that one, though, even with earlier versions of both? How would I go about fixing that? Or can I even fix it?

groovtama i have Manga Body and all the armors the armors bounce from the boobs parts an is ok but sometime  some npc just become invisible or unseen you can listen to them but not see them.

Example: you enter to a cell like Mara temple and you search for the girl in the templer but you cant find her then you hear her but you cant see her if you walk to close to her she appears but the boobs are streach out. you leave the cell then enter to the cell again an now you can see her.

Groovtama i install wrong the extended skeleton. went your mod ask me to install the skeleton rig i choose two the normal one and the last one. now i have install the normal skeleton rig with skeleton cbbe/bbp. i have all in date.

So why do I get a funky squashed left breast with Dayelyte's dog spooning animation in the third stage? I'm using CBBE 3.4b and your 2.50 skeleton. I've always noticed it on that one, though, even with earlier versions of both? How would I go about fixing that? Or can I even fix it?

Because you are using a BBP rig. Or the animation is just broken. Or both. Use the default rig map.

groovtama i have Manga Body and all the armors the armors bounce from the boobs parts an is ok but sometime  some npc just become invisible or unseen you can listen to them but not see them.

Example: you enter to a cell like Mara temple and you search for the girl in the templer but you cant find her then you hear her but you cant see her if you walk to close to her she appears but the boobs are streach out. you leave the cell then enter to the cell again an now you can see her.

Groovtama i install wrong the extended skeleton. went your mod ask me to install the skeleton rig i choose two the normal one and the last one. now i have install the normal skeleton rig with skeleton cbbe/bbp. i have all in date.

Because the follower is using a skeleton that has not the needed nodes in the skeleton. When you not use HDT PE you will fucking get a CTD because the engine says, "Fuck me, there is no node like that in space", with HDT PE shove all nodes from the mesh into the game that are missing, if that is good or bad, probably really bad, the body will go invisible when the game reloads the actor and HDT PE doesn't reinjects the bones and the engine says "Fuck you".

Because you are using a BBP rig. Or the animation is just broken. Or both. Use the default rig map.

Not sure what that means. Sorry. :D Use a mesh without BBP?

Not sure what that means. Sorry. :D Use a mesh without BBP?

If I would mean a body mesh without BBP, I would right that clearly. Skeleton rigs at the end of XPMS/E skelton installations, there are ones for BBP and ones for HDT in the XPMSE2 installer, you should choose a HDT one. 

Archived