Follower creation issue

apathetic

Hey Strangers, I was wondering whether anyone was familiar with creating followers with ECE and might have experienced the below issue:

Playable character:

G3oCM3Y.jpg

Follower version:

126nEZs.jpg

CzoEs8z.jpg

I'm assuming the issue has something to do with the fact that the eyebrows aren't the same causing issues with the tints or something. My problem is that ECE only gives a number 12 as the brow I am using which doesn't let me differentiate between them in CK. So before I start brute forcing through testing all the brows individually I was hoping that someone would either know if this is the issue and any quicker ways to solve it or whether I'm heading in the wrong direction and the fix is something completely different.

My second question is on using this follower to replace either Sofia or Vilja for my personal use only. First is there issues with this sort of action, is this the sort of thing that I should ask the original modder for permission before fucking around with their work? Assuming that's okay, then how technically difficult is it to change an existing follower to a different race and appearance whilst keeping their AI, dialogue and quests intact?

Thanks in advance.

Mostly this

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php?title=Adding_a_Follower_NPC_to_Skyrim

and this part of the ECE Q&A to get the head  right

Q. I want to apply face data made by ECE sliders to NPC.
You can import face morph to NPC.
? Body sliders, hair and colors cannot be applied.

1. First, make face you want to transport in showracemenu. The last face you make is saved in NoseType32.
  2. Load Skyrim.esm in CK, and save/create esp. Example Lydia.esp.
  3. Check and make the esp “active file”, load with “CharacterMaikingExtender.esp”. In addition, load hair esp/esm if you use.
  4. Select the actor you want to change, click the Reset All button and then select NoseType32 in the Character Gen tab.
  5. Edit the hair and makeup in Chargen Parts tab. Click the OK after editing.
  6. Output the actor selected to mesh with Ctrl + F4. Save it, temporarily.
  7. If you don't need CharacterMakingExtender.esp as master file, push the Ctrl + Delete deregistrate master in File->Data window->Parent Masters, and then load and save.
  8. That’s all.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

NifMerge should tell you which brows you are using if you drag your exported file into the source box. I use racemenu myself but it should work just the same for ECE. (Edit: I guess I should check dates before I post lol... Necromancy is outlawed)

Archived