Best way to boycott Steam

I've seen tawdry topics come up all over the internet about boycotting Steam. Firstly, Amazon is no better than Steam, really. Amazon is a big corporation as much as Valve is, both aren't the most insidious mother fuckers out there, but they do a lot of stuff for-profit, which may mean a conflict of interest between us, the consumer, and them, the service provider. Case in point, the recent controversy over monetized mods.

Skyrim is one game out of thousands available on their platform, and while I agree, the method they have handled the monetization is....not exactly graceful, I don't think there is any reason to take irrational actions by blindly supporting some other company because it's "any company other than steam". Amazon has it's faults too. If you want to support something good, support GoG with their DRM, customer-first service. If you want Steam to reverse or fix their monetized mod scheme, show them that by not taking part. Don't use their workshop, simple as that. I'm not. I imagine a lot of people here aren't. If the business isn't successful, they'll either reverse it entirely (doubtful) or find a way to make it more acceptable. Keep in mind, this happened not even a week ago. Can you give them some frikkin time to get this shit sorted out?

Why boycott Steam? They've done nothing wrong. Plus they've been hosting purchasable mods for along time now, for TF2. Where were you when they started? Cause you kind of late.

The knee needs somewhere to jerk

http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-Digital/dp/B00MEQPM60/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1430021229&sr=1-2&keywords=call+of+duty+advanced+warfare+dlc

Use Amazon Digital Download instead.

At least, Amazon innovate for the good of the consumers.

Valve innovate to buttfuck the consumers.

I've been silently sitting on the side-lines over the last week reading and watching this whole cluster-fuck that Value / Bethesda has unleashed, but I just had to reply to this "use amazon" BS..

If a game (digital or retail) requires Steam (or god forbid Origin or Uplay) - it doesn't matter where you obtain the game, you still have to use the service for activation and / or installation and / or to play... 

If a game (digital or retail) requires Steam (or god forbid Origin or Uplay) - it doesn't matter where you obtain the game, you still have to use the service for activation and / or installation and / or to play... 

If you buy the game directly from Steam on their own store, they get 30% of the money you just spent, if you buy the same game elsewhere Valve gets 0% of the money you spend.

That is why you buy the game anywhere else the on the steamstore itself.

Why boycott Steam? They've done nothing wrong. Plus they've been hosting purchasable mods for along time now, for TF2. Where were you when they started? Cause you kind of late.

You live under a rock or something lol.

Valve and Bethesda made deal which is insanely bad for modding and you say stEAm did nothing wrong?

I boycot steam already for year and now also bethesda.

Bought most of my games in last two years on GOG.COM DRM FREE 100% +MODS FREE 100%  +DLC FREE 100%.

Fuck steam.

Amazon... uuuuh :P

They got a LOT of bad publicity recently in my country.

Accusations are espionage and oppression against employees, and they only build their distribution centers in areas with high unemployment rates - so their workers have no choice but to accept miserable work conditions and wages.

Current public image is somewhere slightly above pharma- mercenary- or oil companies, at least for people who still read classic journalism products and not just gaming news and consumer commercials.