Look in the loversmb ini. If I remember correctly, MB2 has a penis selection in its ini.

Not correct. MB2 doesn't have a penis body selection - it has a BONER selection:

xLoversMB2.ini

;Using boners settings.
;  0: automatic detect.player has Noskin.
;  1: use slof's_boners_v5 . Noskin or skin is random. but player has Noskin.
;  2: use slof's_boners_v5 . Noskin or skin is random. but player has skin.
;  3: use slof's_boners_v5 Noskin     4: use slof's_boners_v5 skin
;  5: use slof's_boners v4            6: use slof's_boners v3
;  7: use xLovers with PK v1.2
; 99: never use upward boners
; default: 0
set xLoversMB2Quest.sBoners to 5
And it is defaulted to "slof's_boners v4" in LAPF (its ok - nothing wrong here)

While "Lovers with PK.ini" has ALSO his OWN penis BONER selection:

Lovers with PK.ini

; Penis setting: 0-3 , Which penis model to use.
; 0 - Lovers v1.2
; (Default) 1 - Slof's Boners! v3/v4 (Automatic)
; 2 - Slof's Boners! v5 (NORMAL)
; 3 - Slof's Boners! v5 (CUT)
set xLoversPkrIni.Penis to 1

But... but... but... "Lovers with PK.ini" has ALSO another settings = penis BODY settings:
Lovers with PK.ini

; Default Penis body penis: 0-9 , Which lower body penis to use for sex
; Type included with LAPF are (all based on Roberts body types):
; 0-Muscular, 1-Average, 2-Bulky, 3-Heavy Muscular, 4-Muscular Athletic
; 5-Scrawny, 6-SLAth
; Default: 0
set xLoversPkrIni.DefaultPenisType to 0

As I understand now: Lovers with PK shares his "master" settings to many other "child" plugins, EXCEPT MB2 one.
Thats WHY MB2 uses his OWN, separate boner settings...

So it doesnt matter what "master" plugin: Lovers with PK tells to do - MB2 have NO connection to "master" settings.

And since MB2 doesn't have changeable benis lowerbody settings (as undressing settings too) - its impossible to tell plugin WHAT to do - it always use "build-in" settings by default.

in the masterbate ini file try this setting to see if it fixes you up:

set xLoversMB2Quest.sBoners to 0

(zero not capital o)

Yeah - tried that too... however it should be very strange to have that to work - because penis BONER setting have nothing to do with penis BODY setting... (well maybe only "0: automatic detect" - should have some "magic")

=====================================================

Well: Once I've forgot to undress me - I understand why it is not a big problem: MB2 don't allow you to undress fully naked - you get only pants undressed = therefore you cant see the body seam and an another lowerbody (legs) aren't such noticeable.

You only notice that when you (or someone else) get FULLY naked at masturbating...

...or the difference between "pre-default-muscular" MB2 legs and usual legs (lowerbody) are so big enough - to make it noticeable.

Anyway: all works PERFECT when you just use Muscular body type in game.

And that isn't a big problem to care so much about... especially when it isn't noticeable.

BTW: I have a more important problems (like setting up MBP - it always crashes :))

But this is another story :)

Look in the loversmb ini. If I remember correctly, MB2 has a penis selection in its ini.

Not correct. MB2 doesn't have a penis body selection - it has a BONER selection:

xLoversMB2.ini

;Using boners settings.
;  0: automatic detect.player has Noskin.
;  1: use slof's_boners_v5 . Noskin or skin is random. but player has Noskin.
;  2: use slof's_boners_v5 . Noskin or skin is random. but player has skin.
;  3: use slof's_boners_v5 Noskin     4: use slof's_boners_v5 skin
;  5: use slof's_boners v4            6: use slof's_boners v3
;  7: use xLovers with PK v1.2
; default: 0
set xLoversMB2Quest.sBoners to 5
And it is defaulted to "slof's_boners v4" in LAPF (its ok - nothing wrong here)

While "Lovers with PK.ini" has ALSO his OWN penis BONER selection:

Lovers with PK.ini

; Penis setting: 0-3 , Which penis model to use.
; 0 - Lovers v1.2
; (Default) 1 - Slof's Boners! v3/v4 (Automatic)
; 2 - Slof's Boners! v5 (NORMAL)
; 3 - Slof's Boners! v5 (CUT)
set xLoversPkrIni.Penis to 1

But... but... but... "Lovers with PK.ini" has ALSO another settings = penis BODY settings:
Lovers with PK.ini

; Default Penis body penis: 0-9 , Which lower body penis to use for sex
; Type included with LAPF are (all based on Roberts body types):
; 0-Muscular, 1-Average, 2-Bulky, 3-Heavy Muscular, 4-Muscular Athletic
; 5-Scrawny, 6-SLAth
; Default: 0
set xLoversPkrIni.DefaultPenisType to 0

As I understand now: Lovers with PK shares his "master" settings to many other "child" plugins, EXCEPT MB2 one.
Thats WHY MB2 uses his OWN, separate boner settings...

So it doesnt matter what "master" plugin: Lovers with PK tells to do - MB2 have NO connection to "master" settings.

And since MB2 doesn't have changeable benis lowerbody settings (as undressing settings too) - its impossible to tell plugin WHAT to do - it always use "build-in" settings by default.

in the masterbate ini file try this setting to see if it fixes you up:

set xLoversMB2Quest.sBoners to 0

(zero not capital o)

Yeah - tried that too... however it should be very strange to have that to work - because penis BONER setting have nothing to do with penis BODY setting... (well maybe only "0: automatic detect" - should have some "magic")

Well: Once I've forgot to undress me - I understand why it is not a big problem: MB2 don't allow you to undress fully naked - you get only pants undressed = therefore you cant see the body seam and an another lowerbody (legs) aren't such noticeable.

You only notice that when you (or someone else) get FULLY naked at masturbating...

...or the difference between "pre-default-muscular" MB2 legs and usual legs (lowerbody) are so big enough - to make it noticeable.

Anyway: all works PERFECT when you just use Muscular body type in game.

And that isn't a big problem to care so much about... especially when it isn't noticeable.

BTW: I have a more important problems (like setting up MBP - it always crashes :))

But this is another story :)

The best thing to do would be rewriting the plugin from scratch, and force it to use the same penis/body type set by LPK.

I would also change the futanari case handling. Having it chance-based is rather strange, since the same NPC will look and act differently each time the spell is cast.

I would prefer the information stored into an array and reused later (possibly also by LAPF).

This is the reason why I use this feature mainly for a female PC, and always set fFutanariRatio to 0.0

Having it chance-based is rather strange, since the same NPC will look and act differently each time the spell is cast.

Totally agree! I'm dealing with this now while reviewing LoversJoburg scripts. I personally feel it should be either 0 or 1; totally off or totally on and not a percentage.

I'm making mention of it as I am using this version of MB2, which in turn is used by Joburg 1.17 for masturbation functionality. And not surprisingly has it's own futanari setting, which too is a percentage. Bleh...

(Next thing to tackle for offender/defender MODs is 0 or 1, for one (offender) or the other (defender), or both, as part of my ongoing attempt to have futanari-on-futanari sex encounters...)

Settings mumbo jumbo aside, if you want to use the bulky body for everyone, the flat out simplest way to do this is to manually replace the default body with the bulky one in the lovers folder and be done with it.  

To be honest, the best solution would be to kill the penis setting in MB2 and make it use the LPK setting instead.

To be honest, the best solution would be to kill the penis setting in MB2 and make it use the LPK setting instead.

Totally agree again. That's twice in one day and may be a new record for me.   :P

That would make it forward and backward compatible with almost all LPK versions.

I think between the small army of novices we now have and still around seasoned pros, we can do this.

I would guess it starts with a GET Value Of penis variable settings from LPK, remove all script text in MB2 that refers to anything penis related.

Does the futa setting also initially begin in LPK, I forget?

Nah, scissors are for delicate work much like scalpels. Try hacking as with an axe.  :P Brute force for the win!

I'm reviewing the code for xLoversMB2QuestSC script. While I understand that the asbonersv5 choice is a poor choice (not animated) I found the related part of the code rather confusing. The fNoSkinRatio variable is not even used, and the LAPF package contains only resources for the normal boner (although there are references to "asbonershardlarge"). Perhaps this is the result of past edits from various contributors, and/or the deliberated choice to restrict the types of boner used. Here is my proposal to change the part dealing with the asv5 option, limited to the resources currently included in LAPF:

if (sBoners <= 4)  ; Slof's Boners v5 selected
            ; handling of the autodetect case (sBoners == 0) is missing, more details needed
            if (sBoners == 1) !! (sBoners == 2)
                ; noskin or skin is random
                if(GetRandomPercent < fNoSkinRatio)
                    if (FileExists "Data\meshes\clothes\asbonersv5\asbonerhardnormalnoskin.nif")
                        debugPrint "xLoversMB2 - slof's boners v5 found"
                        set rMaleBonersNoskin to asbonerhardnormalnoskin
                    else
                        debugPrint "xLoversMB2 - slof's boners v5 not found, aborting"
                        ; exception handling HERE
                    endif
                elseif (FileExists "Data\meshes\clothes\asbonersv5\asbonerhardnormalskin.nif")
                        set rMaleBonersSkin to asbonerhardnormalskin
                    else
                    endif
                if (sBoners == 1)
                    set rPlayerBoners to asbonerhardnormalnoskin
                else set rPlayerBoners to asbonerhardnormalskin
                endif
            endif
            if (sBoners == 3)
                    else
                    endif
            endif
            if (sBoners == 4)
                    if (FileExists "Data\meshes\clothes\asbonersv5\asbonerhardnormalskin.nif")
                        set rPlayerBoners to asbonerhardnormalskin
                    else
                    endif
            endif
        endif

I'm reviewing the code for xLoversMB2QuestSC script. While I understand that the asbonersv5 choice is a poor choice (not animated) I found the related part of the code rather confusing. The fNoSkinRatio variable is not even used, and the LAPF package contains only resources for the normal boner (although there are references to "asbonershardlarge"). Perhaps this is the result of past edits from various contributors, and/or the deliberated choice to restrict the types of boner used. Here is my proposal to change the part dealing with the asv5 option, limited to the resources currently included in LAPF:

if (sBoners <= 4)  ; Slof's Boners v5 selected
            ; handling of the autodetect case (sBoners == 0) is missing, more details needed
            if (sBoners == 1) !! (sBoners == 2)
                ; noskin or skin is random
                if(GetRandomPercent < fNoSkinRatio)
                    else
                    endif
                elseif (FileExists "Data\meshes\clothes\asbonersv5\asbonerhardnormalskin.nif")
                    else
                    endif
                if (sBoners == 1)
                else set rPlayerBoners to asbonerhardnormalskin
                endif
            endif
            if (sBoners == 3)
                    else
                    endif
            endif
            if (sBoners == 4)
                    if (FileExists "Data\meshes\clothes\asbonersv5\asbonerhardnormalskin.nif")
                        set rPlayerBoners to asbonerhardnormalskin
                    else
                    endif
            endif
        endif

In the version, and I believe it was the last one worked on to get futa working, fNoSkinRatio is used. Line 115 it is initially set to a default of 50%,

set fNoSkinRatio to 50.0

But that can be reset to whatever the user wants via the INI file, AND it only applies to males, not females or futa.

fFutanariRatio - This is a percentage of all the female NPCs in the world and I don't think it changes per each female NPC, for each run of MB2, unless more females are added to the world, OR you change the value of fFutanariRatio at some point. I personally always use a value of 100.

I also feel that entire block of "sBoners" code could be simplified by just getting the value set in Lovers with PK, via either a reference to the script* and the value set, OR via a read of the Lovers with PK.ini and what value it is set for. *GetFormFromMod may prove useful here.

@gregathit

Yeah, I noticed that some meshes are just replicas, and now I understand it's for backward compatibility.

If I'm going to get a better idea of the various boners used, my best option is checking LPK.esp for the names of the related clothing items.

I also noticed a quaint sack of LMB2 boners in the TestingHall :)  

@varenne

GetFormFromMod, then. Who knows, I may end up getting something that actually works. Crossing fingers.

About the fNoSkinRatio, true, line115 initializes the variable to a default value (to prevent problems in case of a missing ini file, I guess) but the value isn't used anywhere in the code (in the quest script, at least). In my snippet there is an example of how this value can be used to actually make a difference.

As a parting note, try this:

set xLoversMB2Quest.sBoners to 99

in the ini file, then replace the lowerbody (soft penis) mesh with a hard one (I think it's called priapism).

Cast the spell, and get ready for a laugh.

GetFormfromMod

And the the first two 00s are not used (really just fillers or placeholders to make it hex I think) so it shouldn't muck with peeps LOs, if it varies at all although it shouldn't.

Never tried it on a ESM but I imagine that may work as well.

• 2 weeks later...

GetFormfromMod is simple enough:

let RefIWant := GetFormFromMod "xxthetargetmod.esp" "00123456"

GetFormfromMod

And the the first two 00s are not used (really just fillers or placeholders to make it hex I think) so it shouldn't muck with peeps LOs, if it varies at all although it shouldn't.

Never tried it on a ESM but I imagine that may work as well.

Thank you both, guys.

Making references LO-independent is a very good practise. Such is the way some Blockhead features are implemented, PerNPC AssetOverrides for instance. You can target a NPC based on its reference without worrying about the FormID, which is retrieved internally using the modname found inspecting the folder structure.