Skyrim + Dragonborn + HD + ENB

toxsickcity

Hi,

I am a modder on these communiy forums.

Known for mods such as SCOCLB SEXLAB Compatible (Skyrim c** On Clothes & Layered Bukkake) & SHDS (Slutty Horny Dancer Sluts)

I have my modding Skyrim game.. which is below

Skyrim + DLC

HD textures Full resolutions (nexus HD textures, copied to the BSA files of skyrim.)

and I use ENB (real visions)

and a handful of mods. which when disabled make 0 difference (I mean GONE!!!.. not just disabled..)

as a mod builder I have a STOCK SKYRIM. for my tests

I am deeply disturbed.. I mean IT. Disturbed.. because I have been thinking all is well until I travelled to the dragonboard's DLC island (solstheim)

for some reason I CTD every attempt to travel to this island. 

even when starting the game fresh the game shits itself and I swear to god I am just giving up!

heres, the story

I have been working with skyrim to make a replacement BSA files for the stock game so textures and other items dont need to be duped. So i have replaced as many main texture and mesh files with the HD countparts and recoded them using the creationkit's BSA creator (Archive.exe)

I have been making mods for a while now and the game is just simply unstable to say the least. but with some fixes along the way the game has improved

I have always tested my mods by starting new game then travelling around local areas such as riverwood and whiterun and the game is great..

but I have known 2 MAJOR flaws along my modding journy.

1. Travelling Very North to where the ice islands are Often causes CTD

2. whileon the boat to solstheim, when arrive at solstheim..  I CTD usually On the boat or walking minutes into solstheim...

3... ? the CTD can be as soon as I load the saved game in solstheim, the CTD will happen 1-5 seconds of loading...

apart from that skyrim seems ok with all my mods...

I really need to find a solution to this as its making me depressed that a game like this with as many mods as it has is as unstable as this!!!!!!!!

Sadly I have seen it crash without mods! so I am just fed UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please shine some light onto whats going on..

P.S.

I have read all enb Guides and STEP guides

I have tried to keep my installs as clean as possible

My system specs.. BTW happens on both my GAMERIG & Test RIG

GAMERIG

intel i5 2500/16GB 2400MHZ Corsair @ 1333Mhz /R9 290 PCS+/ASUS  Deluxe PRO/Antec 1000W Psu

TESTRig

Intel i7 4770/16GB 1866 @ 1600mhz/Saphire 7870 2GB/Asus Maximum HERO/1000W Antec PSU

BTW I am an I.T. engineer. so i know a lot about software/hardware

such as editing the enblocal files/ugrids & refreshini/videocard memory managers/I have tried a lot guys!!!!!!!!!

For some reason as many times as I mod the ini's or do other stuff this game just SUCKS BALLS

I assume you already have skse with memory patch and enb (or enboost). From my understanding, you are trying to make a universal bsa of all your mods. This is the exact opposite of what you should do to avod ctds. I remember solving my CTD's by having extracted all meshes from the skyrim-meshes.bsa and using them as loose files. In fact this is the first thing I do when I re-install from start. So I'd advise you to not pack your mods into bsa and instead, unpack your individual mod bsas especially the ones with a lot of content. Use Mod organizer, that will make your life much much easier.

It's nice to have a fellow reply. Thankyou Mr Dubhorizon

your reply has made me smile and am feeling good right now...

Thanks Dude, your words are exactly correct

I have used my steam account.. (YES I own SKYRIM.. NOT Pirate it)... (Cum ON... some sites sell the steam key for like $10 for Skyrim + ALL DLC) I moved my skyrim to skyrim.mod and allowed Steam to re-download and revert my BSA's back to origonal. and now I can goto all these areas NO Worries what SO EVER!!!!

It will be interisting to see how the game runs after I load all these textures as extras oppose to the standard BSA's

the main reason i did it was for

Speed... Seems that my game particular runs faster from SSD using few BSA files rather then thousands of little files

&

Data folder reduction It was built to allow installation onto a SSD using as little space as possible. as the HD textures as loose files means most of the DATA in the BSA's were useless!!!

I will go throu all I had done previously for the BSA's and install all the mods I did for my BSA's and keep them as loose files and install 1 at a time to see if a specific HD mod was causing the main issues!!!!!!

as the HD Skyrim i created replaced all Meshes/Textures in the standard game BSA files to HD using everything such as HD dragons, HD fire, HD 1.6 full, HD roads and few others I forget..

1 mod might have been the issue is the parallex roads as I dont 100% truly understand it and that might have caused issues having parallex roads in the main BSA's

For those that dont understand.. Skyrim has a bunch of BSA files and you can think them as Giant ZIP files.. and what i did was extract all the files and replaced the files with HD counterparts hoping I can reduce the installed game size. Plus BSA files seem to load faster on all my computers here.

1, i5 2500 SSD 512GB ( get 8 seconds loading time improvment using BSA)

2, i7 4770 SSD 128GB

3, AMD 1100T, 256Gb SSD (amd likes BSA files)

4, i5 and 500GB HDD Laptop ( the laptop likes large BSA files also)

I was going to launch this as a mod tho the BSA files are like 7-10GB and would have to been torrent or something, I am somewhat happy i dont need to launch this.. but I feel maybe 1 HD mod disagreed with the Dragonborn's  Solstiem island!!!!!!!!!!

ik its not related, but just in case though c:

idk what might cause it, but i often get ctds when loading a save with lots of mods, idk the graphic ones or the script ones that causes it, but before i load my main saive when its outside not in interior, i need to load a save i made in an interior first/like the prison in alternate start. 

ive checked other people ,  such as people that streams skyrim on twitch tv, and some of them with lots of mods installed kinda required to do the process as i do.

your issue might be related to the skyrim install itself.. because you said it also happens on unmodded fresh game right ? have you tried redownloading skyrim from steam once again?

about the bsa reading speed, i never tried that method (making all HD texxie insiide default game bsa's) so honestly idk.

ik its not related, but just in case though c:

idk what might cause it, but i often get ctds when loading a save with lots of mods, idk the graphic ones or the script ones that causes it, but before i load my main saive when its outside not in interior, i need to load a save i made in an interior first/like the prison in alternate start. 

ive checked other people ,  such as people that streams skyrim on twitch tv, and some of them with lots of mods installed kinda required to do the process as i do.

your issue might be related to the skyrim install itself.. because you said it also happens on unmodded fresh game right ? have you tried redownloading skyrim from steam once again?

about the bsa reading speed, i never tried that method (making all HD texxie insiide default game bsa's) so honestly idk.

I tried indoor loads/outside loads and tried with different ugrids and changing skyrim.ini/skyrimprefs.ini, I tried playing with enb ini's but no luck,

I am glad to have already tested that stock game runs fine..

I am in the middle of detecting what was the issue..

my method of testing is,

install HD mods 1 at a time as external files (not BSA's) loading each time and see if i can make the game crash like it did!

I will leave the results here after a few days.

Are you using Solstheim Landscape Overhaul?

Because I had no problems in Solstheim before installing that. However, one day I decided to coc out of Solstheim to try out some new mods in Skyrim, saved a couple of times, and then also installed Solstheim Landscape Overhaul. After that, using that testing save, I tried to coc back to an outdoor region in Solstheim and got CTD. Tried again the coc command but this time with an interior cell and it worked good; the problem was that if I tried to exit that cell out to Solstheim I got CTD.

Sadly I'm still trying out some mods and didn't come back to my main save to see if it was that mod indeed the one to cause the CTD's, but perhaps this helps you to narrow down your troubleshooting.

Regards.

Archived