{ABANDONED} Mistaken Identity

I hadn't planned to make a post until I had something to show you guys but since I spotted it again on the front page I'll give an update. My previous iteration of the Mistaken Identity quest was rife with problems, Aliases were unfilled, I had no Prefix for my script names, It was really spotty in all of the super basic areas and not easy to play with, breaking with mods and accidentally overwriting some Sexlab code for some reason. Since then I've started a new ESP and a page where I can keep track of my progress with hopefully none of those awful awful issues. Here's where I am (Attached)

post-588106-0-78416600-1443377782_thumb.jpg

I hadn't planned to make a post until I had something to show you guys but since I spotted it again on the front page I'll give an update. My previous iteration of the Mistaken Identity quest was rife with problems, Aliases were unfilled, I had no Prefix for my script names, It was really spotty in all of the super basic areas and not easy to play with, breaking with mods and accidentally overwriting some Sexlab code for some reason. Since then I've started a new ESP and a page where I can keep track of my progress with hopefully none of those awful awful issues. Here's where I am (Attached)

attachicon.gifMIx1.jpg

Oh good, I thought development might have petered out.

I doubt anyone would be against more frequent smaller updates, it keeps user interest up which leads to more bug reports and feedback in general, even when the content being delivered is minor.

I mean in the future, in general, since I interpret "Make all scene dialogue" to mean that this new version is not playable at all yet.

Edit: "Restraints removed, apology and left in cell once more" huh? Are you planning multiple dialogue options that can result in being released or kept as slave?

attachicon.gifMIx1.jpg

Oh good, I thought development might have petered out.

I doubt anyone would be against more frequent smaller updates, it keeps user interest up which leads to more bug reports and feedback in general, even when the content being delivered is minor.

I mean in the future, in general, since I interpret "Make all scene dialogue" to mean that this new version is not playable at all yet.

Edit: "Restraints removed, apology and left in cell once more" huh? Are you planning multiple dialogue options that can result in being released or kept as slave?

Current version is not playable yet. By the time it is released everything should be fixed and ready to go. 

Ah concerning your edit "Edit: "Restraints removed, apology and left in cell once more" huh? Are you planning multiple dialogue options that can result in being released or kept as slave?"   it just simple means the player is apologized to since it's a case of mistaken identity (you're not the master's slave, so why keep you) and you are offered to go on your way. There may be additional content afterwards, I have some big ideas but I don't want to get ahead of myself at all. For now all I am considering to implement is written on that TODO section of the page and get it released.

It's not so much a minor fix im making here, its an entirely new .esp where I hope I have covered all the bases. I've learnt quite a lot and hope it will be an out of the box functional fun little quest. Further down the line if I am able to I'm not sure what to do with the mod. There isn't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to, sadly.

Could you please re-upload the fix? The link on 2shared.com doesn't work, it just links to a virusy torrent client.

Or is the fix already included in version 2c?

The previous Mistaken Identity esp was devoured in a hdd crash. Sorry, I thought about removing it since but I wouldn't want to cause MORE confusion and thought better to leave alone till I upload the new and improved MIx mod. I can't support .2c im afraid because I don't have the code or even remember what the fix required.

Thanks for your interest folks, I know it's been a while since I posted the last release.

It would be a shame to stop working with the CK since I feel like I've already paid the heavy price of having negligible amount of content to show for the horrendous amounts of time invested thus far. I feel productivity/output should turn up as I continue since most of the real confusing time sink issues are sorted.

Once I have my workflow and I understand how to set up chaining dialogue and scenes together I should be much much more competent at creating stuff, basic at least.

EDIT: I'm definitely not Drunk

Current version is not playable yet. By the time it is released everything should be fixed and ready to go. 

The previous Mistaken Identity esp was devoured in a hdd crash. Sorry, I thought about removing it since but I wouldn't want to cause MORE confusion and thought better to leave alone till I upload the new and improved MIx mod. I can't support .2c im afraid because I don't have the code or even remember what the fix required.

Maybe you should add an announcement saying that in big, red letters to the download page

Mind if I ask what that ToDo list was made in? Seems like it could be real helpful for getting organized

It's super simple made on Trello. It lets me keep track of what i've done and what I need to be currently focusing on. If things get complicated I don't know how well it holds up but I'm just trying it out. It's working great so far since I can read what  I need to do and make notes too

https://trello.com/

Maybe you should add an announcement saying that in big, red letters to the download page

I was afraid of doing this in case it made the mod pop up on the 'recently updated' mods list but I've went ahead and done it anyway now.

post-489476-0-59935900-1443564595_thumb.jpgpost-489476-0-28456600-1443564626_thumb.jpgpost-489476-0-68542100-1443564677_thumb.jpgHD crash..... it sound so familliar.  What about an USB stick, just in case it happens again.

I would like to see this MOD working just as you planned. 

and now the little things i found

Near the Serafina hous there are some trees floating in mid air and some rocks and mud.

with  MIX 1 installed the quest was started with Andrea "is there a problem"

with MIX2c  Andrea  did nothing , "just staring at my boobs" , so no quest start....

It's been quite a journey since I first started poking around with the CK when I had nothing but an idea. I haven't had much time lately to continue playing with the CK due to other projects but after an entire remake of the mod the end is in sight for the next release (here is to praying that exporting the bsa and such goes smoothly when it is time). Scene packages are 'finished' for the most part end to end scripts and actions sync up reliably with no hanging dialogues or scenes occurring over numerous repeated test runs sans dialogue. The largest part of the remaining work I hope is going to be writing dialogue for scenes as well as little descriptive text boxes for flavor.

The final things on my todo list are visible on the two lists in the image which although short represent a considerable number of fixes and tweaks. (The Completed List not shown is ridiculously long as I wrote up bugs, resolved them and finished little snippets of functionality) I am undecided as of yet what the finale will be for our poor player character.

Optimistically I am looking at a weekend release date. I would say at some time on Sunday.

Make no mistake there will be very little playable content, a cute story and a very quick resolution (even quicker than the original uploads as per guesstimate). You may not want to risk established saved games with your beloved characters for the sake of trying the mod.

I have plans for further developments taking a step away from heavily scripted scenes but I have nothing more than an idea at this point.

post-588106-0-58536000-1444085751_thumb.jpg

EDIT: add to the list to do. "Objective Markers!"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

are you still workin on  this as i am interested i trying it out. tried 0.3c and its virtually unplayable after a certain point and with it installed after the 5 rules it will cause the game to ctd when ever an activity is performed that saves the game whether that be quicksave autosave or manual save. also when returning from dawnstar only the first small scene is played then both janna and her misstress just stand there doing nothing while you free to wander around

abandoned?

are you still workin on  this as i am interested i trying it out. tried 0.3c and its virtually unplayable after a certain point and with it installed after the 5 rules it will cause the game to ctd when ever an activity is performed that saves the game whether that be quicksave autosave or manual save. also when returning from dawnstar only the first small scene is played then both janna and her misstress just stand there doing nothing while you free to wander around

Is the ending done?

Last activity date for the author is Oct 10 though with the board rollback in early December some activity may have been lost.

Don't except this to ever be fixed or finished unless someone else adopts it or the author gets tired of FO4 or whatever and returns to Skyrim.

Mod is pretty much discontinued, no time to dedicate to creation kit for the foreseeable future. Sorry folks.

It's super disheartening to have promised updates when I'm just not capable it seems of meeting them. but I owe an answer to whats up.

Between a heap of coursework, winter exams, some illness issues and things like fallout I haven't been able to wrap up the mod. I dont know if I ever will now it's been so long, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Sad but there it is, I thought it was a cute story, despite the gameplay being non existant and the implementation horrid.

In my estimates I think theres about 10 hours work to finish the bare minimum content to wrap things up. To finish what I would like to with a satisfactory amount of dialogues i'm looking at another 10-20 solid hours. The problem is that for all the scene writing, wiring up scenes, creating npcs, aliases and quest dialogues and integration of Sexlab and Devious Devices, I have zero "gameplay" and its a mostly uninteresting story that you can read the bottom of the screen for. It's a little disappointing.

For your curiosity I've posted my task breakdowns. So close, but so far.

Completed:

Create Quest. 

Get Sexlab Buildinbg

Get Zadlibs Building

Setup IDE

Create Interior Manor + Dungeon

Place Manor house at Falkreath

Fix terrain at Falkreath

Place map marker for Manor

Create 3 NPCs

Create "Drugged" IMod

Fill Quest Aliases

Test Aliases Work with some NPC dialogue and 1 scene

Unfuck the changes the dawnstar jail with (tessnip)?

There was a problem with the scene, remake scene since none of it make's sense.

Unfuck owner properties, factions and all that nonsense for MIxSerafinasHouse and Dungeon

Fix Stairs Navmesh around the stairs in the manor.

Chairs cannot be pathed to..

Chairs cannot be pathed to again..

Create idle marker for hogtie in cell as well as bent over restrained idle marker Zazapcao001 Zazapcao305

Create a scene where the player is plugged belted fed and left in cel

Create a scene where the player is put on an xframe for several hours (timeskipped with msgbox or something?)

Create a scene where the player is gagged yoked, belt removed and left overnight in cell.

Create a scene where the player's "Master" arrives,Master questions Serafina, player put back in cell

Create a scene where Serafina apologizes to, and releases the player as a case of Mistaken Identity

In "Progress":

Add players belongings back upon completion of quest intro (1 hour)

Perform QOL fixes for scene transitions to make blackscreens and teleporting NPCs less visible (MAJOR 5+ hours)

Flesh out the skeleton of all scenes to include dialogue and walking instead of teleporting (MAJOR, Overlap with above >5 hours)

TODO:

Custom belt with key for a possible continuation MIxPartTwo (3 hours plus? texture fuckery etc)

Create Generic Dialogue for 3 NPCs that can be questioned on their backgrounds. (2 hours)

Find out why Sexlab is not performing sex scenes ONLY in scene 6 despite the same code in scene 3. (??? hours)

Make all objective Markers (<Hour)

Give the player an interesting finale where there is a possibility for a Part 2 Mistaken Identity (2 hours)

See if IMod can be applied to player when a spell is cast on them in a scene - brainwashing, torture etc. Red/Blue. Custom Sounds? (??? hours)

Ideas to research for Expansion:

Enchanted plugs altering player stats drastically (halving health or magicka, increasing regen, weakness to fire or shock, immunity to fall damage, jump height? hilarity)

Implement creating your own Soul Gems/DD plugs where you dive inside soul gems to "conquer" whatever is inside the gem (boss monsters?), then locking those soul gems in to provide stat boosts. A la daedra, werewolf, ice elementals, flame atronachs, similar to the setup of Azura's Star. 

Trap "Sheogorath" in a soul gem plug? (Mechanics to go along with that?)

Introduce an enemy of the player or something?

Create a collectible set of special plugs?

Rewards for doing the quest?

Ending? force a pair of really nasty soul gems (vaermina+sheogorath) into orifices of said enemy? or a powerful flame atronach for a horrific way to die? (that turned dark)

EDIT: long words are hard

• 1 month later...

New Version Released 02A (Old Versions removed entirely)

TODO's abandoned for reasons

Custom belt with key for a possible continuation MIxPartTwo (3 hours plus? texture fuckery etc) --Custom belts not done

Create Generic Dialogue for 3 NPCs that can be questioned on their backgrounds. (2 hours) --Abandoned because dialogue is breaking on me and I can't take any more

Find out why Sexlab is not performing sex scenes ONLY in scene 6 despite the same code in scene 3. (??? hours) --I give up on sexlab crashing to desktop and not performing/performing sometimes

Give the player an interesting finale where there is a possibility for a Part 2 Mistaken Identity (2 hours) --Finale is more a sigh of relief

See if IMod can be applied to player when a spell is cast on them in a scene - brainwashing, torture etc. Red/Blue. Custom Sounds? (??? hours) -- Abandoned because preliminary testing caused a CTD and I have no desire to work through that god knows how long for a cute effect

So whats going on next:

I have several ideas kicking around yet that I would like to do. Im most likely going to move away from scenes and dialogues to do something more tangible or gameplay orientated. Zero details because I've got zero worth of concrete plans. Im just honestly so glad to get this released so that I can think about doing something else (piece of shit or not)

Thank you for at least releasing it, even if it's not finished and/or discontinued. Nobody could have picked it up to continue working on it if it's buried on your hard drive.

It adds to the community code base for code discovery as well. In my own experience, bringing up a bug can lead to some other mod author being able to help you, which isn't possible if you don't mention it as well. Loverslab is unnusually helpful in that regard sometimes.

Oddity: Why are the source files in /scripts and the compile pex files in /scripts/source? Isn't that backwards?

Edit: I've never had a reproducable crash from sexlab, it crashes on sex start once every 15-25 times but I don't see a patern, not sure why would you have an issue with it.

If you thought it was a code problem, like you were using sexlab API incorrectly, you could look at how other mods start sexlab, Deviously enslaved code is in crdeplayermonitorscript.psc::doPlayerSex(), but there are loads of other mods that use similar code if you needed some.

Three bugs so far:

Once asked to deliver the item, there is no marker on the map for where to deliver, which is fine I found the house anyway

Cannot deliver package, after 8pm talk to lady, dialogue tree falls out after "I'll take that" she just stops talking to me

Edit: For some reason, save cleaning isn't enough to reset the quest, all the aliases are empty which stops a lot of hte mod from working

Easily fixable with stopquest MIxASimpleDelivery and then startquest MIxASimpleDelivery

Papyrus.0.log

Andrea don't have any "start dialog" save\reload help but not in all time.

After reloading the autosave when entering the inn, she talks to me, but after I accept the quest, there is no progression, quest start, or anything. She will repeat the dialog over and over.

startquest mix.... code cant help. setstage cant help. it just don't started. quest should begin with this stupid dialogue. too much problem with this(

P.s. Andrea have different color body and head. it's look like Victor Frankeshtaine monster)

Many thanks for anyone checking the mod out again. In hindsight going to bed after I released the mod at like 3am wasnt the brightest idea. And as usual there was a fistful of problems uploading I'm going to try and sort out here.

EDIT: version 2B is out with fixes that should allow mod to be played. May still need to save/reload for the quest to initialize. going to take a look on how to fix that now

EDIT2: Version 2C is out that should initialize the quest properly

(followed these instructions)

1. Open CMD.
2. Navigate your way to where Skyrim is installed. (By default: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim)
3. Type in the following command: creationkit.exe -GenerateSEQ:pluginname.esp (Again, where pluginname.esp is the name of your mod file)
4. The Creation kit should open and should show the splash screen, and load some things. This may take a few minutes. When it's done, the Creation Kit will simply close.
5. Navigate to your Skyrim folder, just above the Data folder.
6. You'll have a file called PluginName.SEQ. Move it to Data/SEQ. If that folder does not already exist (It shouldn't) create it.
7. You should now have "Skyrim/Data/SEQ/PluginName.SEQ" and you're good to go