{ABANDONED} Mistaken Identity

View File

15 March 2016 - This Mod is Abandoned. If Anyone wishes to use anything of the mod, make it their own. Go ahead.

2B fixes
Dialogue should progress
Quest Markers should show now after talking to Andrea in the dawnstar windpeak inn

New Version 2A has been released (WOW)

This is my remake of my first mod created. It's been absolute hell to try and make this and I had to strip what i wanted right down to the bone just so I could release something as I'm a little fed up of it hanging over my head. I already wrote out an edited post but I must have done something wrong and the forum ate my words.

Basically the mod will take less than five minutes start to finish, it includes some cute zadlibs (devious devices) and some zbf animations. Sexlab was too crashhappy to include so it got excised sadly. Interspersing dialogue with scenes was also extremely painful and causing some severe issues so all dialogue was cut and i've just stitched some scenes together. I'm surprised I can release this thing but it works end to end for anyones curiosity and im potentially putting it to bed.

In the future should I decide to work on another kinky mod for skyrim I think that I will look at something that does not include copious amounts of scenes or dialogue and look to the more moment to moment gameplay and if I can make anything fun or interesting. Im not sure what that will entail or what I even want to do with it. But it was just shocking doing so much work to release a few sloppy scenes and I think I'll look elsewhere into doing something fun.

Quest Start: Talk to Andrea in Dawnstars Windpeak Inn

Delivery target is near Falkreath (Quest Marker)

Any other problems and issues let me know, I'll try to address what I can.

.02C and under have now been removed.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/18/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab SexlabAroused Redux, DDa, DDi, DDe, ZazAnimationPack
  • Special Edition Compatible

A Poster reported a problem with version .01 and said that I need to upload the scripts and source for my mod, I've reuploaded with version .01a

Apologies I'm kind of modding by the seat of my pants here and taking feedback. If anyone knows of such a guide that I need to follow when uploading mods I'd be more than happy to take the file down, apply all the fixes recommended before reuploading again. my intention isn't to waste anyones time.

(some confusion on my side because when I download mods they tend to have folders for scripts and textures, meshes, strings etc, somehow my Mod doesn't have these but it works for me?)

If you didn't add any new meshes or textures, only used the ones available in the base game, then you won't have folders like that in your mod.

Version .01b should have all the scripts included now. I believe that .01a was missing the "temporary" scripts that were attached to npc dialogue "Tif_blahblah" etc

That should be fixed now (fingers crossed)

You can set the name of the files for those scripts which makes it much easier to find all the scripts for your mod and include them. In fact everything you add to the game ought to be named with a common prefix (try to make it unique) so you can locate them more easily (don't know if you did that or not, just trying to help you keep things organized which will make the modding easier).

So I enjoyed what there was and I believe I played through to the end of current content.

A rundown:

I got the letter from the girl in Dawnstar
I delivered it to Falkrieth
Woke up in the cell
After some initial training tried to explain who I was and was given a change of attire and verbally given the mission.
At this point the first quest ended and nothing else happened, so I take it that was the current end?

If that is all, then that was short but sweet with a lot of potential for continued story. Definitely looking forward to more.

i installed 0.1b found the npc but dont have any dialogue options, :(

I'm really not sure what else there could be going wrong here with .01b. I would check again that you got version .01b, then the npc Andrea should have dialogue for you.

If it turns out to be just a problem with that npc, what you could try is in the console type "setstage mixasimpledelivery 10" and that should set the stage to where you need to talk to Janna in the house near falkreath, you can teleport there with coc mixserafinashouse. Does the second npc have any dialogue? If you can let me know if you've tried any of that I can look a little closer

Thanks for checking out my little mod!

Quite impressive. Perfect example how you can do so much without fancy scripts and stuff. I hope you plan to continue with this, theres never too much content with dialogue!

Thanks! I like to keep things extremely simple. I'm a little tight on free time at the minute, and doing anything with the CK is time consuming because I'm still learning. Apart from some very minor fixes I will be able to do (I hope). I think that in about a week I can dive back in and do a few more interesting things with the little quest I've got going.

i got stucked when jenna brings me to my room and take my clothes - game just freezes

I'm really not sure how to fix this without more information, Were you seated when the NPC in ebony armor started dialogue with you, did the game take control of your character from you and move you into the room with Janna opposite you. Was it a softlock or a hardlock dump to desktop. Thanks for letting me know

So I enjoyed what there was and I believe I played through to the end of current content.

A rundown:

Spoiler
I got the letter from the girl in Dawnstar

I delivered it to Falkrieth

Woke up in the cell

After some initial training tried to explain who I was and was given a change of attire and verbally given the mission.

At this point the first quest ended and nothing else happened, so I take it that was the current end?

If that is all, then that was short but sweet with a lot of potential for continued story. Definitely looking forward to more.

Your rundown is very correct, Thanks for checking out my little mod, I hope to make it a little less short and a little more polished in future, as well as hopefully including some sexlab stuff. I had a lot of fun making it and i'm glad you were able to reach the end. I was worried it was going to be permanently borked!

i got stucked when jenna brings me to my room and take my clothes - game just freezes

I'm really not sure how to fix this without more information, Were you seated when the NPC in ebony armor started dialogue with you, did the game take control of your character from you and move you into the room with Janna opposite you. Was it a softlock or a hardlock dump to desktop. Thanks for letting me know

i was sitting, cant move

my character followed janna and after she took mine things game just frozed

p.s. the only way to close it was alt+f4

UPD

btw

hdtphysicsextensions last line is "INFO: 2300159b no longer in cell, release it"

i installed 0.1b found the npc but dont have any dialogue options, :(

I'm really not sure what else there could be going wrong here with .01b. I would check again that you got version .01b, then the npc Andrea should have dialogue for you.

If it turns out to be just a problem with that npc, what you could try is in the console type "setstage mixasimpledelivery 10" and that should set the stage to where you need to talk to Janna in the house near falkreath, you can teleport there with coc mixserafinashouse. Does the second npc have any dialogue? If you can let me know if you've tried any of that I can look a little closer

Thanks for checking out my little mod!

Dialogue not showing up is because you didn't generate (yet) a .seq file. So a simple user-end "fix" for that is to just save and reload that save for dialogue to appear. Generating a .seq file can be done with tes4edit or in CK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai3txtvoSbM) so you can include it in future versions. :cool:

Skalex

btw

hdtphysicsextensions last line is "INFO: 2300159b no longer in cell, release it"

I don't do anything with HDT as far as I know, I'm afraid for me that error to me is completely without meaning. All npcs wear generic skyrim outfits, HDT was not loaded while I was working on my mod either, the only mods I had loaded when I created the mod were. If anyone knows how I can fix this error please let me know.

Loaded esms and esps:
Skyrim
Update
Sexlab
Sexlab Aroused Redux
Zaz Animation Pack
DDa
DDi
DDe
Tepi

Dialogue not showing up is because you didn't generate (yet) a .seq file. So a simple user-end "fix" for that is to just save and reload that save for dialogue to appear. Generating a .seq file can be done with tes4edit or in CK (

) so you can include it in future versions. :cool:

thank you. it seems I only uploaded the scripts folder and ESP. I will do a reup with the seq folder and file added.

Just realised I didn't address your freeze

Skalex

i was sitting, cant move

my character followed janna and after she took mine things game just frozed

When you sit on the marked chair (or the other) a script runs to disable input and set a quest stage where Janna fetches the other npc who sits in the chair opposite you, with Janna standing a little away, upon completion of the stage player control is returned. That is as expected

It sounds like you had a hardlock, when the game froze did you have any control of the camera, were npcs animating or moving, I didn't have any problems with that during testing, Softlocks did occur for whatever reason if the scene did not change to the cell/basement.

I'll do a few checks to reproduce and see if I can get it to happen. Otherwise I'm really not sure what the fix might be.

This mod as quickly become one of my top 5 favorites.

Was a little disapointed when it ended where it did but now it gets to the top of another list I have,  The list of eagerly waiting for more content. ^_^

Personally I'd love to see some options where either A: You don't get the chance to say your not the person and go through the training till your "owner" shows up for a progress report,  B: You willingly stay and go through the training, or C: when you go to find Andrea she has already left and you have to go back empty handed.

Those are just things that i'd personally like to see but it's your mod and with what's there so far I'm pretty sure it will be Awesome when the updates come out.

Thanks for the kind comments. I know its VERY short, more of a teaser than anything, I thought I should start small and do a tiny mod end-to-end and have it released, and I was right considering it took me I would guess about 14 hours effort to get into it's current state, roughly what, a mod that lasts three to five minutes in all minus travelling?

Once I've got more time to sit down and bang out some more ideas I hope the process will go much faster once I polish what exists and move onto more content.

The current plan is to have Andrea disappear from the inn when you go to find her at dawnstar, I'm not looking to do giant splitting questlines yet but we will see where it takes us.