Animable penis??

SoS actually is animated. If it wasn't there would be no movement now would there? If you'd like something like oblivion has, it should work just fine. It's just that animators would have to also animate the phallic appendage in question for every animation. Im not sure if it would worth it as there is a few different addons to SoS and size options. Most likely even if animated, there would still be misalignments every now and then.

Also I just realised I have no idea how SoS works so afterall I do not know if its even possible. :P

It already is.

But advanced stuff is needed to use custom animations on the schlong. It's the same problem as using custom animation on character actors, you need to modify behaviour files.

There are people who already animated the schlong, but there is no FNIS that does the behaviour job for SOS. The only person I know is able to do this is VectorPlexus.

If there is interest in this somebody could speak with Fore, the schlong behaves like any other actor / creature / beast tail in regards animations, maybe is easy to implement the SOS behaviours into FNIS. No idea.

Another option could be Anton's animation tools (like animated wings)

And here I'm leaving a suggestion for idle animation:

http://xhamster.com/movies/3084415/femshep_dick_flapping.html

It already is.

But advanced stuff is needed to use custom animations on the schlong. It's the same problem as using custom animation on character actors, you need to modify behaviour files.

There are people who already animated the schlong, but there is no FNIS that does the behaviour job for SOS. The only person I know is able to do this is VectorPlexus.

If there is interest in this somebody could speak with Fore, the schlong behaves like any other actor / creature / beast tail in regards animations, maybe is easy to implement the SOS behaviours into FNIS. No idea.

Another option could be Anton's animation tools (like animated wings)

And here I'm leaving a suggestion for idle animation:

http://xhamster.com/movies/3084415/femshep_dick_flapping.html

Can't the SoS be animated the same way boobs used to be in the past?

Yes but no.

For that the schlong could not have its own behaviour as its movement would rely only on body animations. That means no erection or flaccid standalone animations.

You would need to animate the schlong on all movement and sex animations, like it was with BBP.

Relying on HDT for jiggle would not be an option because a floppy schlong can't be animated. Maybe possible swapping meshes.

So you'll need a "schlong movement flaccid (or erect) animation pack" that would deal with the schlong while running, jumping, etc. Otherwise frozen stick 24/7. That animation pack would conflict with the ones you have already installed, at least the male ones.

Then SL animations could be edited to animate the schlong in the same way boobs used to be in the past.

Is it possible to change xml properties for HDT on-the-fly, via a script for example? If so, you could possibly simulate a real erection by having the flaccid cock more floppy and effected by gravity, then stiffen the bones and reduce gravity's effect to make it erect. HDT would handle the rest if that's a feasible option.

• 2 months later...

Yes but no.

For that the schlong could not have its own behaviour as its movement would rely only on body animations. That means no erection or flaccid standalone animations.

You would need to animate the schlong on all movement and sex animations, like it was with BBP.

Relying on HDT for jiggle would not be an option because a floppy schlong can't be animated. Maybe possible swapping meshes.

So you'll need a "schlong movement flaccid (or erect) animation pack" that would deal with the schlong while running, jumping, etc. Otherwise frozen stick 24/7. That animation pack would conflict with the ones you have already installed, at least the male ones.

Then SL animations could be edited to animate the schlong in the same way boobs used to be in the past.

So it is possbile to animate the penis? I don't care about animations during running, jumping etc. so I could live without them. Is it enough to just disable SOS and leave out the bare meshes?

Sorry for late reply but somehow I forgot about this thread.

What I mean is something like this (this is from Fallout 3 but Oblivion has that too):

schlong.gif

schlong2.gif

Yes, it's possible.

This would be like adding a 3rd leg to the human race.

To be able of do this in skyrim, you need:

- a skeleton with bones (done)

- add the new animation to the body behaviour file (done with FNIS)

- a body mesh using the behaviour files and schlong (missing, could be easily done)

Pros

Can be done easily with the existing tools

Perfect for people who don't enjoy learning

Cons

You'll be probably producing a new body male mesh

Schlong permastatic 24x7 unless you animate it

But, why doing this? Skyrim does already support the addition of parts to the body (argonian tails for example)

And that's how SOS works, using the Skyrim way.

This would be like adding another type of tail to the game (the schlong) with its own animations.

And to be able to animate a schlong or an argonian tail you need

- a skeleton with bones (done)

- add the new animations to the schlong or tail behaviour files (missing for schlong, done for tails via FNIS)

- a schlong or tail mesh using the behaviour files and schlong (done)

Pros

- different races or genders can use the same schlong animations, regardless of the amount of skeleton bones.

This mean your do-the-helicopter-anim will work on vampire lords, horsecocks or whatever

- no need to produce or alter existing character animations, just produce separate animations for the schlong bones

- no need to edit or produce any mesh

Cons

- you need to know how to edit behaviour files, or help me convince Fore to implement schlong for FNIS

Cons

- you need to know how to edit behaviour files, or help me convince Fore to implement schlong for FNIS

Or there is a third option: someone else is doing this, and I tell this "someone" what to do, and support in case of problems.

Summer doesn't spare much time for modding, and I still have a big goal before Fallout 4 arrives. I'm more afraid of setting up a test environment, then making the necessary changes. The SOS behaviors are rather simple, and to add new animations similar to the ones introduced by VectorPlexus is not very hard. 

I hope you didn't hope that I add schlongs to the creature pack. Because that would not be trivial due to different structures in the SOS behavior files. Doable, but I don't think it's in relation to the benefit.

Cons

Or there is a third option: someone else is doing this, and I tell this "someone" what to do, and support in case of problems.

Summer doesn't spare much time for modding, and I still have a big goal before Fallout 4 arrives. I'm more afraid of setting up a test environment, then making the necessary changes. The SOS behaviors are rather simple, and to add new animations similar to the ones introduced by VectorPlexus is not very hard. 

I hope you didn't hope that I add schlongs to the creature pack. Because that would not be trivial due to different structures in the SOS behavior files. Doable, but I don't think it's in relation to the benefit.

Oh there is hope at least. Thanks for the response.

What this "someone" would need to do?

Would this mean no automatic behaviour generation, so all new schlong animations would need to be packed along the behaviour file someone would be editing?

No I was not thinking of creatures

Oh, you WERE thinking of creatures. Everything outside of characters is "creatures". Ok, I called it "Behaviored Objects", because not all "creatures" are "creatures". :)

But I really don't want to spend time for this. We are not talking about a couple of hours only. That's change of running code, possibly new parameters, setting up a test environment for something I'm inexperienced, and, truthfully, not really interested in. :)

But most of all, I REALLY want to finish up all my already running activities, and do what I want to do since ages: make alternate combat animations. See my point? 

Ok? Meaning you don't want to add the new animations any more?

It is really not that hard to change the behavior. MUCH less time than for me to change FNIS. And after all, that's the way FNIS worked in the beginning: I added slots in the behaviors, and other modders used them. Why is that no viable way for SOS?

I thought some more about your request, and I found a way where I could do it with FNIS under a few conditions.

• The "SOS pack" (containing txt files only) and necessary doc will be distributed with SOS. Not that I'm ashamed of, but it is so SOS specific.
  • SOS animators have to provide a specific dummy file with each of their "mods"
  • SOS add-ons will only have basic animations (cyclic or acyclic). All other types (e.g. sequence animations) or parameters will simply be ignored
  • SOS distributes a .bsa which includes (at least) all current hkx files in behavior and characters. As fall-back when a user runs the De-Install Creature button.

This way I can add the necessary changes as .txt files only, and don't need to change FNIS logic. And most of all, it is much easier and safer to add simple animations the way VectorPlexus has done in his behavior files, then hooking on a seperate FNIS behavior the way it is done with vanilla creatures (because VP didn't use the same structure all creatures have).

Accepted?

Oh yes!

In regards the packaging I don't see any problem at all. I'm totally fine with distributing new things with SOS.

It's a lot better that what I thought it would be :D

I don't know about the non-basic animation types, but I guess the basic ones will suffice.

I need confirmation. In the SOSMaleBehavior.hkx are 30 animations:

• 1 Flaccid
  • 1 Bend0, which is a blend between male/SOSOffset and SOSerect
  • 9 Bend1 to Bend9 which adds between 11% and 100% of SOSBendUp to the Bend0
  • 9 Bend-1 to Bend-9 which adds between 11% and 100% of SOSBendDown to the Bend0
  • 11 Custom00 to Custom10, which blends female/SOSOffset and Custom<i>.hkx (i: 00 to 10)

My question: you want additional animations that are compatible with the Custom<i> animations, which are blended with the female/SOSOffset?

No "Bend" type animations?

Btw all 4 behaviors are completely the same, except for a type specific offset.hkx. Could have been done much easier in one behavior.

Oh that's interesting. I didn't know how the files interact themselves.

But I don't know how to answer your questions :_(

Let's see. I know Vector found a way to reuse the animations for female / VL / WW, while applying the offset animation.

Now I'm not sure if the custom<i> animations is what Vector did. Or are they the slots you mentioned before?

- Compatible with Custom<i>

Assuming the Custom<i> animations is what allows the offsets, would this allow reusing the animations for these additional races / gender? That would be cool. Or there would be needed extra work to accomplish that?

- Bend type animation

Would this allow animating the schlong while at the same time one could control the bending?

For example sae "coolAnimation" starts a looped animation, and then you can do sae "bend9" and sae "bend-9" while the first animation still plays?

If I understood it well, this would be also nice, but it's more a end user feature rather than something that would need an animator.

Assuming "coolAnimation" is not bend-type, and then sae "bend9" stops it, this will dissapoint the people that uses the bend animations to correct schlong alignment mismatch during Sexlab animations.

Would "Custom<i>" or "Bend" be needed to produce animations like this one? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45819-animable-penis/?p=1228849