Elves of Azure (aka Longer Eared Elves) [DawnGuard Compatible]

Okay it's been awhile since I've updated these races, but my computer broke... twice... any-who I'm borrowing my brother's computer so that I can post the new mod... sorry no new pics until my computer is fixed...

The New Race Mod - This mod is a combination of all the races described below with the edition of a fourth. The ears are working properly with the exception of the Drodel's whose ears do not completely cover their "human" ears, I will update this when I get my computer back. Note in this new mod my races no longer have their own meshes and textures besides the ears, they are now based on what you already have for body and face mods which makes everything easier.

[spoiler= original mod]

This is the Mod so far...

Elves of Azure

http://www.mediafire.com/?bs85h3zzb6comcb

Update

This just a quick update, fixes the Drodel ears, add new skin colors to the Judel (female only will work on males of the races later) also new lip colors for the Fae and Judel. Added a Chest to Riverwood that contains spellbooks for the racials if you decided to use showracemenu and lose the abilities you had. It's next to the sign on your way from Helgen. This chest is just a placeholder for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zm36u1tx7hzlthp

NEW! DawnGuard Compatibility!

http://www.mediafire.com/?lagpqd8igbtb8pp

Update: http://www.mediafire.com/?bhxhjzcjtuxu08c

Note that this is only a temporary fix for the vampires and I've fixed the previous missing hair and eyes issue. Currently only the males of each race are not complete since I had to remake to mod.

To become a vampire you must use to console command before you have to become one in game.

To do so type (') player.setrace FaeRaceVampire

JudelRaceVampire

RakielRaceVampire

DrodelRaceVampire

suggested mods to for vampire characters:

Better vampires

Vampires less sunken cheeks

Also if you want the Dawnguard vampire eyes go to the showracemenu and select it before you become a vampire.

To go to the showracemenu and not lose your skills and abilities I suggest using a 'barbershop' mod like:

Show Race Menu Options

Other Changes: Drodel now have body tattoos that show up in light (sorry no picks yet) the textures are from the drow race on the nexus (can't remember the name) I only edited the face part since I found it too reflective. Also added so nice night elf tattoos to my Judel, can't seem to find them on the nexus though so I don't remember who to credit. Will add credits and screenshots at a later time.

More Changes: added a light sensitivity to drow they regenerate slower during the day and faster at night.

More new spells gave the Fae an edited version of candle light that glows green instead of blue, and gave the Judel two new spells. The first allows them to calm animals and the other lets them summon the spirit of the forest.

May add more unique spells that you'll have to find, I'm already working on two new spells that I haven't put in the game yet. The first is for the Judel which allows them to summon three forest spirits and the other is for the Fae which is a magelight version of their custom Fae light spell.

If you happen to lose any of your racials there is a respawning chest in The gaint sleeping inn in riverwood (it used to be by the sign coming from helgen). The chest is player owned so u don't have to worry about stealing.

Judel Race

[spoiler= the Judel]

The Race:

I decided to call them the Judel, which is a race I made up to use in the book I'm writing (I write fantasy stories in my free time)

The Judel are a race of elves that live in seclusion and tend to dislike humans. Although the younger generation are not as stubborn as their long lived elders and have decided to leave the woods and explore the rest of the world which they have only heard in stories...

This race is best suited as a ranger or druid

Base Stats:

Archery +10

Light Armor +5

Illusion +5

Alchemy +5

Sneak +5

Restoration +5

Race Perks:

ShadowMeld - for 2 mins the caster is invisible while sneaking, activating objects cancels the effect

Nature Resistance - resist poison and disease for 25%

Quickness - resist damage for 25%

[spoiler= pics of Abilities]

race1.jpg

ScreenShot90.jpg

race2.jpg

[spoiler= pics of Race]

enb2012_3_16_18_51_18.jpg

enb2012_3_16_18_50_59.jpg

enb2012_3_16_19_27_19.jpg

Recommended Mods:

Tera Hair

Appachii Hair

DorkDiva Eyes

Bugs:

After creating your race if you go back to the showracemenu and change your character your abilities tend to disappear (Nature Resistance, and Quickness) you can use the help command and then player.addspell to get them back

(the above issue also happens to the Drodel race, you can easily fix this in the showracemenu by switching to a different race for a second then immediately switching back. This will make so you'll have your racial abilities when you exit the showracemenu)

Example of console command:

`help "Quickness" 4

player.addspell xx003E1A

Drodel Race

[spoiler= The Drodel] Second Elven Race is Done! (At least mostly)

This is the Drodel Race they are based off of the drow from Neverwinter Nights at least there abilities are.

They have their own unique abilities

Shadow Step - a cloak of shadows forms around them when they sneak.

Dark Arts - 20% magic resistance

Night Vision - a lesser power that they can use pretty much anytime they want.

[spoiler= pics of Abilities]

NightVision1.jpg

ShadowStep.jpg

DarkArts.jpg

[spoiler= Night vision]

NightVision.jpg

ShadowStep1.jpg

Base stats are set towards a thief or assassin character

Sneak + 10

Archery + 5

Alchemy + 5

One-handed + 5

Illusion + 5

Light Armor + 5

Note this race has the airy ears, at least for now...

[spoiler= Drodel pics]

Drudel.jpg

Drudel3.jpg

drudel1.jpg

Rakiel Race

[spoiler= the Rakiel]

Just finished the race that is based off the appearance of the blood elves from wow. The male version is not completed though, the ears aren't fitted right, will update later.

In the fantasy novel that I'm writing the Rakiel where commonly known as "Atlantians" for they were the ones who built the city Atlantis. Unfortunately the Rakiel got to greedy when it came to all things arcane and it started to have negative affects on the rest of the world. Their entire city was sunk by a power water demon who was trying to save the world. Now without a home these magic craving elves escape to the world of Tamriel...

Abilities

Arcane Affinity - ever since you lost your home to the sea you've gain the power to convert mana (processed magical energy) in air allowing you to breath under water. Lasts about 3 mins but is recastable...

Polymorph other - a must have spell for all mages, this novice spell allows you to polymorph a low level creature into a harmless animal (chicken, bunny, and mudcrab... to bab there aren't any sheep in Skyrim -.- goats are just not the same)

Magic Resistence - same as breton racial - your love for the arcane grants you a 25% resistence to magic

[spoiler= Abilities pics]

enb2012_3_17_21_25_41.jpg

enb2012_3_17_21_25_29.jpg

enb2012_3_17_21_25_19.jpg

[spoiler= old]

Vindictus Hairs (I'll keep this up even for those that might want this hairs that I fixed, but you'll have to manually add them to your own races now)

http://www.mediafire.com/?89sv86hlezixrm4

[spoiler= Rakiel Pics]

enb2012_3_17_21_24_32.jpg

enb2012_3_17_21_24_22.jpg

enb2012_3_17_21_15_40.jpg

enb2012_3_17_21_16_9.jpg

Requirements:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Patch 1.4 or up)

DawnGuard Compatibility Version requires the latest patch and DawnGuard expansion

Racial Compatibility Mod: by Expired6978 (version 1.7)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10165

Credits:

I give thanks to

Xenius for the night elf ears from the Xenius Race Compilation

Predalazo0 for the Tutorials about importing and exporting mods

Zazemel for the body tattoo textures

Nouserhere for the ear meshes for the Fae

Converted Beetos "Night Elf Tattoos" from DA Nexus for skyrim

and a special thanks to

Expired6978 for without their tutorial and racial compatibility mod I would never have attempt making this race mod

and Silvist for his help fixing the ears match the characters skin color

Coming Soon...

Better ears for the Drodel

More custom spells

Optional elven ears for The Ashen Race (since some have requested it)

Awesome glad to see you were able to finish it Azure! Congrats, I'm for sure going to check this out. Bout time we see some actual custom races, and not just retextures lol. I also look forward to the future conversions you mentioned. Keep up the great work!

Nice mod' date=' but I will not using it. 25% damage reduction is just way to much. The game is easy enough already :-/

[/quote']

If its that easy, use the Intense Difficulty Mod.

Makes Master look like a walk in the park

Okay, I've found another bug with my race, when you exit the game and then go back and load your save that has the race the game crashes (it even does it on mine, I wouldn't have noticed it my friend testing the mod didn't point it out last night) I probably should have held off on posting the race... but I'm not exactly sure what's causing the problem... It might be the female_skeleton.nif I used, those using the race could replace it with the vanilla one, see if that works, or it's something I did in the race itself, I'll try to fix it today before I go to class, but if not I'll definitely work on it tomorrow.

--AzureMouse--

Did you assign a separate skeleton to your race in the CK? It should be under tab 2, under the body part. If you did..then yeah not really sure what's causing it to crash. When I tried to load up skyrim, it instantly CTD for me. I got alot of mods, so it could be a conflict with another mod.

Another question I have is did you use extended colors patcher? That caused me to crash after applying the patch to my custom race.

To Silvist: Yeah I did assign a separate skeleton using CK, it's the Model Skeleton made by Ning999 from Nexus. I read on their page that if you have realistic force enabled then having the skeleton will cause the game to crash, so they made a fix for it on their mod page at nexus (so that might be your problem if it crashes at start up since I did not put the compatible skeleton in the archive)

For your second question I did try to use the extended colors patcher but I got an error as soon as I tried to launch it so I was never able to apply it to my race.

To SushiKing: do you have racial compatibility version 1.7 or realistic force? Or it could be conflicting with another mod... There are a lot of bugs I'm trying to work out unfortunately

To Co0n: If you want I could add a version of the race that has lower damage resistance. I was just trying to make the race similar to the night elves in wow.

That would be awesome :)

For my taste it's not important if it fits wow or not, what counts is the beauty ;-)

so what about just adding a second version with no damage reduction? (think the race is great without too)

Regards

Alright, so I guess I had the 1 handed weapons on back hd or what not. Installed the skeleton like you suggested and it worked like a charm. The only problem is that bug you mentioned where the game would crash after loading from saved game. Sucks to I had a really good looking elf I wanted to post a screen shot of for ya. Didn't have time to savepcface lol.

I could try to remake, just gotta remember not to exit prior to it.

I just fixed that save game bug, you just have to redownload my mod (and reinstall the skeleton though I pretty sure I changed the skeleton to an older one made by Ning999 so people wouldn't have to worry about that, but I can't remember if I actually did or not... I changed a lot of things in the repack)

Anyway you should be able to reload any save that has the race now if you get the repack (I took down the previous version so others won't experience the same bug) My friend just tested it for me and it works on his computer, although I think I broke the becoming a vampire, I'm gonna check that today and try to fix it...

--AzureMouse--

Hey Azure' date=' any way I could get you to rig a mod with your spiffy ears to replace all the standard elf ears in the game?

I haven't a CLUE how to mod, but I would LOVE to see all elves with these fantastic ears!

[/quote']

I second that for the ashen race :)

I *think* you can use the NPC editor on the Nexus to give them different ears... if not, I know you can do so in the CK, I just dont know how to explain it.

I loaded up your mod, Azure and it looks wonderful... but I couldnt resist tinkering with the nifs and textures...

http://tinypic.com/r/315blao/5

http://tinypic.com/r/29w48jm/5

I need to adjust the tatts on the skin, and I plan on giving her skin colour and hair colour from my extra colours mod. :)

I'm KitsuneShoujo on the Nexus.

Awesome the fix worked. The only odd thing is I loaded another game, and went to load the game with your custom race, and it crashed again @_@. Straight loading to your custom race though causes no issues. Its wierd...

Either case I wanted to show off some screenies of my current Judel elf :D

TESV2012-03-1423-14-31-56.png

TESV2012-03-1423-16-20-51.png

TESV2012-03-1423-17-37-47.png

TESV2012-03-1423-18-21-01.png

TESV2012-03-1423-19-45-22.png

TESV2012-03-1423-19-51-05.png

TESV2012-03-1423-20-03-95.png

Not sure how it happened, but I was toying around with making a male Judel elf. He ended up having two sets of ears @_@. He had the standard human ones, along with the night elf ones. Not sure how this happened. Did you make the race female only?

The human ears are not detachable (unfortunately) and since I don't know how to make my own meshes (or edit them beyond simply porting) I used the head mesh from the Ashen race. And that's why you get the double ear problem... Unless someone can fix it for me the only thing that can be done about it is have hair that covers the human ears. I did try to edit the night elf ears of the Judel race so they would cover the human ears better, but I haven't tested it in game yet...

--AzureMouse--

i want to share a picture in this thread..can sum1 tell me how?

do i jus need to put it in "Attachment" ?

Just upload it to photobucket or something and use the insert image option here and spoiler tag it so it wont mess up the forum width if the image is too large.

I could try to delete the ears of the head mesh in 3ds max...but I have no idea how it would turn out. It would for sure leave a hole, and I'm not sure if I could fill it and make it look right (like the skin). I'm at best a novice with 3ds ;p

I think though perhaps I'll give it a try tomorrow, and rip off the ears as clean as I can. (human ones obviously ;p)