MOD Request, Playable centaur or horse female

Breastex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I've had a bit of a set back, but I think I'm on to something now.  I've got to edit the new skeleton I'm making and see if I can animate it.  Don't get your hopes up, I've never animated before so this is all a learning process.

WE BELIEVE IN YOU ; . ; dont give up, you can do this!

Thank you for your incuragement.  Unfortunately, I don't see my centaur happening, or at least not that version.  I have a npc/enemy version that I've almost got ready to release, but I just can't get the player character one to work.  And I can't get a hold of the programs I'd need to do any animating.  So, I'm going to release what I've accomplished so far as a modders resource and move on.  I'll probably keep coming back to revisit this but I've just run into too many walls to find this satisfying any more.  So, when I get the npc centaur cleaned up I'll release it and the rest.  Hopefully, I should have it up and running in a few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

i hate that i always seem to find a post after its done, i would loved to have seen this mod finish. If there is any help you need, i am not the best 3d artist but i can do nif skeletons pretty well, done a lot of conversions for adding weight to weightless followers, or making ones naked that werent supposed to be by messing with meshes. LOL 

I wonder if its possible to trick how the mod works, by having the player/npc permanently mounted on a horse. The horse mesh of course would be headless, and the player mesh would be having no legs. I'm thinking there would be gaps and seams, but a little mesh editing could probably fix that.

Anyway the mount bone on the horse skeleton could be moved to where the head(or neck?) bone is located, and voila you'll have a Centaur race, but not exactly since its 2 race (player and horse).

You would have little to no problem with fighting animations (mounted combat), as well as walking/running/jumping (vanilla horse animations). Though you might need a replacer for the horse riding idle or something and problems with magic combat, and also sneaks (then again I've never seen a sneaking centaur).

I'm not that skilled in CK, although my theory would probably be too incovnenient and raise incompatibilities. Don't mind me, just offering insight. :P

Still though, a NPC Centaur is better than no Centaurs at all. I admire your effort and dedication put in your upcoming mod wishnot4. Hopefully someone can find a way to finish this beautiful mod. :)

• 4 months later...

I'm glad to see that there are people still interested in my humble project.  Good news, I did get my npc/enemy version to work.  Doesn't look great(my modeling skills are pretty low) but it does function in game.  I've been currently working on making a gorgon race with SpikeDragonLord.  It actually is looking real good, we've got the snake lower body and human/argonia type upper body with hdt enabled snake hair.  I'm currently working on getting the snake lowerbody tail to have hdt physics.  In fact, it has physics but it's got a lot of ground clipping.  I believe I have a solution to that and will be working on it today.  Anyway, because of all the hdt stuff I've been learning, I think I might have a way to make the player race version of the centaur work.  It is an extreme long shot, so please don't get your hopes up too high.  And if you want to see my resource mod that I released for the centaur, it's over on the nexus. Here's the link http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73243/?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I believe I've discovered a way so the player can be a centaur.  Unfortunately, it will require some animations, and I am a shitty animator.  Basically it this, create a headless horse nif with a skeleton(sort of like real flying does with the dragon wings), have the player character use a skeleton with the legs zeroed out.  Create the skeleton.hkx and the new centaurbody.hkx and using fnis and the animations someone would have to make with the headless horse nif/skeleton to create the behavior.hkx for it.  Pretty much just follow what Anton0028(real flying mod maker) did to get his wings in and there you have it.  Again, I can't animate, but I might be able to make up the headless horse nif and skeleton.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I haven't had time to work on it.  I do have some ideas that might work where I won't have to make a bunch of animations, unfortunately I'm in the middle of a large project with spikedragonlord(gorgon race mod with writhing snake hair and moving tail) over on the nexus.  I do have the failed version of the player character that half works posted here somewhere.  It is a little dangerous to play with though because some animations can cause the game to crash - the execution scene at the beginning for one. 

• 1 month later...

I don't know who that animator is, but he's pretty good.  No, I'm still learning how to write the skeleton.hkx file that I'll need for the custom skeleton so that the player can be a centaur.  Once I can get that down, I believe I have a way to make a functioning centaur so the player can use whatever body type they like, though the horse body might be only one type. 

• 2 months later...

Excellent news!  I have finally learned how to write the skeleton.hkx file and will eventually get to making the playable centaurs everyone wants.  I am currently backlogged with mod stuff, so it will be a while before I can start work on making the centaurs.  I'm on the modding team that created Beasts of Tamriel, Sea of Spirits, The Gorgon Race, and The Tsaesci race(plus many more). We have a huge list of mods we are currently working on(the main focus is our upcoming mermaid race). If you've seen any of our race work, one thing we pride ourselves on is having races that allow the player to use whatever body type they like and that is what we will be doing with our mermaids.

... so it will be a while before I can start work on making the centaurs... the main focus is our upcoming mermaid race...

It has been a while and it will be a while, ah?

Drop it all  :)

Concentrate on centaurs.

Sorry, if it wasn't for the mermaid mod, I wouldn't have learned what I needed to know to make the centaurs.  Just be patient with me, I'm a very busy guy, you should see the huge mod list that we are working on.  Just released Beasts of Tamriel V3, Sea of Spirits, Witches Festival, a Tsaesci head and tail update, and the Gorgon Race all with in the last few months.  So, once the mermaids are done, then I'll get started on the centaurs.

Okay, I've run into a small road block on finishing the animated tail so I can start working the centaurs next.  The road block is, how the hell do I make the animations race specific.  I've found very little information on how to do this.  I can easily get the tails to work in game, but they replace the vanilla animations(or any animtaions the player may have installed).  I know that fnis managed to do this with PCEA 2, but I seriously can't wrap my head around how they write the text files and what the script starts to make my brain leak out my ears.  I know from the little bit I was able to gather, the skywin people manged to do this, even managed to edit the behavior.hkx files some, but I can't find any information on how they did it.  There's also a thread on LL where they managed to do it for a WIP mermaid race.  But the file they used for the behavior file is a hkm, don't even know how they made one of those, or how they got it to work considering that all the other behavior files are hkx.  Sorry, just had to rant some because every time I mount one hurtle, there's another one right there to trip me up.

Okay, I've run into a small road block on finishing the animated tail so I can start working the centaurs next. The road block is, how the hell do I make the animations race specific. I've found very little information on how to do this. I can easily get the tails to work in game, but they replace the vanilla animations(or any animtaions the player may have installed). I know that fnis managed to do this with PCEA 2, but I seriously can't wrap my head around how they write the text files and what the script starts to make my brain leak out my ears. I know from the little bit I was able to gather, the skywin people manged to do this, even managed to edit the behavior.hkx files some, but I can't find any information on how they did it. There's also a thread on LL where they managed to do it for a WIP mermaid race. But the file they used for the behavior file is a hkm, don't even know how they made one of those, or how they got it to work considering that all the other behavior files are hkx. Sorry, just had to rant some because every time I mount one hurtle, there's another one right there to trip me up.

Okay, don't quote me on that, but I think that "hkm" file is just a regular .hkx file whose extension has been changed by renaming it. That is how the old PCEA 1 worked, it had some custom "hkt" (aka renamed hkx) behaviour files that pointed to the anims in the PCEA folder instead of the default ones, and then it just assigned that behaviour file to the races it wanted to use the PCEA anims. About how to build a behaviour file like that, you would probably have to contact Fore for more info.

Yeah, Fore just tells me to check the tutorials.  And I'm like what tutorials? I haven't found a one.  But you are right, the "hkm" is just an edit change, that's how I was able to get it into xml and poke around.  It just seemed that either my edits did nothing, or they were destructive and took away all the character's animations. Don't worry, I'll get it.  I figured out the skeleton.hkx pretty much on my own, I guess I'll keep hammering at this until I figure that out as well.  Thanks for your quick reply.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived