Proposition for better animation selection

No, hell no, no way in hell! (Err, I'm trying to be emphatic here ;)).

Your assumption is that mods ought limit themselves to using just the animations that were available the last time the mod was updated. That is a ridiculously bad idea and would lead to continual "OMG new animations have been released, when are you going to update your mod?" requests being spammed to all the mod authors.

I'm not assuming anything and I've been using NSAP from Day One so I have no idea how you came up with such a ridiculous statement. It's obviously not based on anything I wrote.

But, whatever.

CPU, on 07 Apr 2015 - 7:03 PM, said:

My example of a couple of problem I had on two mods I develop:

OralOnly: @germanicus, the inspiration, asked for only oral animations (blowjobs and licking), no other sex.

Via the current tagging system I had no way to get the correct animations through tags. I had to get them by id.

That is bad, because then other people were complaining that the NSLA anims were never used.

SexLab and NSAP use "blowjob" and "cunnilingus" tags. I don't remember if they were used in NSAP at the time you were writing Oral Only but I'm pretty sure they were. But even if they weren't it's just a case of needing to add appropriate tags for animations included in NSAP. Which has been done (except breast feeding as far as I can tell, c.f.)

But I think you mean, to be specific, that you wanted only animations that had only oral in every stage. To do that you want to create a system whereby you can apply tags to every stage of an animation - is that correct?

Cum Shot Brothel 1: I had in mind to do some scenes involving foot fetish and breast feeding. Sorry no valid tags.

Ask rydin to create and add a breast feeding tag. That's a totally legit request and it needs to be done for those two animations. As far as feet are concerned the tag is "footjob." Now, wrt lack of a tag for breastfeeding, this is still not a case where the existing system is inadequate. It's just a case of needing to create and apply a new tag.  

Cum Shot Brothel 2: Getting the animations valid for beds it is almost impossible today. Also if you use the bNoBed property of the getsAnimationByTags, you end having not good animations.

By "valid for beds" do you mean that you want to filter out animations that you think do not look good when played on a bed? Furniture animations and standing animations can already be disallowed on beds so the only other animations to disallow are the ones you don't like when played on a bed. But isn't that getting into your own personal aesthetics? If so, is it appropriate to go there in a Framework mod like SexLab? My own opinion, for whatever it's worth (or not :P), is that SexLab itself needs to be neutral on questions like that. What you don't like may be somebody else's favorite.

I don't mind extending tags but soon a lot of the animations will be ported to Sexlab so they will be out of my hands. I agree that extra tags need to be added but the problem can lead to the whole scenario of 'if you cater for one group, another group will want catered for'. @mybrainhurts's example of blocking MM and FF in turn may end up people expecting MF or FM to be blocked. A majority of mods do this very well apart from threesomes.

But it must be said; you can't please everyone. Each of us here have used a mod that may have provided something we don't like. But a majority of us will turn a blind eye and not let it phase us, yet find ourselves trying to bend will to the people who make a song and dance about it to please them. The arguement can go both ways. I have always tried to be neutral when dealing with NSAP, not allowing any one mod or person to influence NSAP to benefit them solely without the ability to benefit other mods in the same way.

This discussion was built on trying to make content easier called upon using a more defined set of tags. I understand where @CPU is coming from. I don't think he is trying to take advantage of another mod to cater to his own pleasures, but instead trying to help create content that can still be varied yet specific at the same time.

Where as this is a healthy discussion on how to improve what we have, we need to keep an open mind about what doors we open here. Pur community grows but it becomes ever more demands by the day,

This discussion was built on trying to make content easier called upon using a more defined set of tags. I understand where @CPU is coming from. I don't think he is trying to take advantage of another mod to cater to his own pleasures, but instead trying to help create content that can still be varied yet specific at the same time.

Couldn't agree more. If I gave the impression that I thought otherwise then I apologize to CPU. That was not at all my intention.

I have a question... what about paired tags?

For example, if you see:

"MOral FVaginal" you think cunnilingus

"MOral FOral" you think 69

"MOral MOral" or "FOral FOral" you think homosexual 69

"FOral MPenile" you think blowjob

"MMasturbate" you think single masturbation

"MMasturbate MMasturbate" you think twin masturbation (I don't think there is any animation like that yet)

"MAnal FOral" sounds disgusting, but valid

"MOral MPenile FVaginal" sounds like a three-way

and so on

So you'll have the standard Oral, Anal, Boob, Penile, Vaginal, Foot, Hand, etc. tags, and M or F depending on the actors.

Same applies to other races like werewolves, atronachs, etc.

So if you want to trigger a boobjob, you'd pass the function two tags: "MPenile" and "FBoob" (in either order) and it'll pick animations that correspond to those tags.

This is a newb just tossing shit out there, I don't know if it can be done that way...

Just curious when will the new sexlab be released? from what I heard it will have twice the limit but a lot of existing animations will join it instead of the individual downloads it is now.

How much space will there be for new animations? if any...

Just curious when will the new sexlab be released? from what I heard it will have twice the limit but a lot of existing animations will join it instead of the individual downloads it is now.

Once the framework gets past the ridiculously small 128 limit of array sizes imposed by Bethesda further increases in the number of animations allowed will be much simpler.

Best place to ask that is in the alpha thread itself: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-alpha-3-patch-available-feb-27/

Though if Ashal hasn;t announced it in the main thread topics then I doubt he knows either.

Also, don't be so happy that I'm being put put of work! :P

I have a question... is there a list of generic tags somewhere? Preferably with a short description, but not needed?

The github page has animation-specific tags, which is great, but I was looking for it sorted a different way... namely, something that just lists all tags and then their associated animations, rather than the animation and then the tags.

Besides, that list is for v1.3 and doesn't include some new animations...

EDIT: Or even just a full list of tags without any description or associated animations.

I have a question... is there a list of generic tags somewhere? Preferably with a short description, but not needed?

The github page has animation-specific tags, which is great, but I was looking for it sorted a different way... namely, something that just lists all tags and then their associated animations, rather than the animation and then the tags.

EDIT: Or even just a full list of tags without any description or associated animations.

SexLab's sslAnimationDefaults.psc and NSAP's NSAPAnimationsScript.psc define all the animations and their tags. You'd have to extract and organize the information as you want it, but it's all there in those two scripts.

SexLab's sslAnimationDefaults.psc and NSAP's NSAPAnimationsScript.psc define all the animations and their tags. You'd have to extract and organize the information as you want it, but it's all there in those two scripts.

Woof. So, no easy recourse for the terminally lazy.

Allright. Gotcha. ;)

BEst place to ask that is in the alpha thread itself: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18708-sexlab-framework-development-160-alpha-3-patch-available-feb-27/

Though if Ashal hasn;t announced it in the main thread topics then I doubt he knows either.

Also, don't be so happy that I'm being put put of work! :P

In a future... not so far away.

8vl28.gif

Whatever happens, I hope the next SL will give a unified tag system if nothing else. For example, reverse cowgirls in SL default have the "Cowgirl" tag, but those from Rydin have "RCowgirl" tag. Or, some animations that are lying have the "Lying" tag and some have "Laying" instead. Or doggystyle animations having "Doggy" or "Doggystyle" seemingly randomly.

After looking at the scripts, I have a couple of questions about tags now…

I know tag searches ignore upper/lowercase, but do they also ignore whitespace? I ask because SexLabAggrDoggyStyle has a "Doggystyle" tag (no space) and SexLabDoggyStyle has "Doggy Style" tag (space).

Some animations seem to be missing tags (?). For example, APLegUp is missing the "Sex" tag. Is it supposed to be that way?

Similarly, but I noticed that ArrokMaleMasturbation does not have the "Arrok" tag. The same is true for BleaghFemaleSolo missing the "Bleagh" tag and APFemaleSolo missing "AP." It seems like the SexLab masturbation animations are missing their maker tag. Is there a reason for that, like performance or something? I just wonder because none of the NSAP animations are missing that specific tag.

I've also noticed that all Dark Investigations animations have "Dark Investigations," "zDI," and "Athstai" tags in common. Are duplicates like that necessary, especially considering that no other animations except DI ones use these tags?

Rydin, leitoKissing has a "Freplay" tag. I think that's supposed to be "Foreplay" instead? Oops, never mind, just checked the support thread, it's been noticed. My bad.

But I couldn't find this there... mitosHugBehind, mitosTease, and mitosFootjob have identical tags, even though they're different animations entirely. Uh, at least, I don't remember seeing any foot action in Mitos's Reach Around anim, but I could be mistaken…

I made up a quick chart for SexLab. Doesn't include NSAP or any other animations, just those bundled with sexlab 1.59c.

This is the chart of tags sorted by animation ID, available here as an Excel file. The excel file also contains a list of animations sorted by tag.

I don't know if this helps anyone out, but it's helping me. :)

post-462261-0-84364800-1428485162_thumb.jpg

Hello guys.

to @mybrainhurts: don't need to apologize. This is an open discussion. No offense taken.

to @Content Consumer 1: the pairing of sexletter + anim type will make the number of tags to grow to an uncontrollable number. And will limit the searches, it will not simplify it.

to @Content Consumer 2: there is not an official list. You have to look at the code. And every author follow a different rule. This topic was started to try to standardize tags.

to all: I repeat the target for this topic: try to standardize tags for all animation provider mods.

Right now: some tags are internally used from SexLab. This means that they have to be there until Ashal will decide otherwise.

Right now: tags for authors hare harmless but are really not useful.

Right now: let's converge to a standard list of tags. So everybody can follow the rules, and increase the ability of modders to pick the correct animations

Another note: I will progress with the original idea: a tag replacer tool that will standardize tags on request for all animations I will consider by ID. Will it be helpful? Not sure, but I will try to help.

Whatever happens, I hope the next SL will give a unified tag system if nothing else. For example, reverse cowgirls in SL default have the "Cowgirl" tag, but those from Rydin have "RCowgirl" tag. Or, some animations that are lying have the "Lying" tag and some have "Laying" instead. Or doggystyle animations having "Doggy" or "Doggystyle" seemingly randomly.

After looking at the scripts, I have a couple of questions about tags now…

I know tag searches ignore upper/lowercase, but do they also ignore whitespace? I ask because SexLabAggrDoggyStyle has a "Doggystyle" tag (no space) and SexLabDoggyStyle has "Doggy Style" tag (space).

Some animations seem to be missing tags (?). For example, APLegUp is missing the "Sex" tag. Is it supposed to be that way?

Similarly, but I noticed that ArrokMaleMasturbation does not have the "Arrok" tag. The same is true for BleaghFemaleSolo missing the "Bleagh" tag and APFemaleSolo missing "AP." It seems like the SexLab masturbation animations are missing their maker tag. Is there a reason for that, like performance or something? I just wonder because none of the NSAP animations are missing that specific tag.

I've also noticed that all Dark Investigations animations have "Dark Investigations," "zDI," and "Athstai" tags in common. Are duplicates like that necessary, especially considering that no other animations except DI ones use these tags?

Rydin, leitoKissing has a "Freplay" tag. I think that's supposed to be "Foreplay" instead? Oops, never mind, just checked the support thread, it's been noticed. My bad.

But I couldn't find this there... mitosHugBehind, mitosTease, and mitosFootjob have identical tags, even though they're different animations entirely. Uh, at least, I don't remember seeing any foot action in Mitos's Reach Around anim, but I could be mistaken…

I'll give you a more indepth answer here.

Sometimes I didn't know what to tag them. It isn;t until this thread that I knew what the "Dirty" and "Loving" tag was for and how it affected the game. It means I can enhance NSAP correctly and eventually pass that over to Sexlab in the upcoming future. As I also said in the NSAP thread, to meet the high demand of our community, a bit of copy and pasting, a text replacer tool online and the failure to double check andrush the product out has meant somethings haven't been tagged right aswell and I take responsilbity for that. My best advice would be to look at mitos animations yourself and judge for yourself instead of trying to guess. ANd if you think I have got something wrong I am open to feedback.

The RCowgirl tag, I inherited from when 3Jiou made his animations and I got the suggestion from a tagging post or mod there. And it seemed appropiate for the time and it was just left there. That was the reason.

I admitt hat in NSAP the tags may be off or incorrect or seem inappropiate. What I do have to say is that there was a discussion once to add or remove certain tags from animations to make then fit with other mods, but it caused a debate (like we are having now) at what should be tagged as what. So what you see in NSAP is 90% of the time my best ability to tag something that would be appropiate with my knowledge of the tags and only make amendments if it seemed really fit to do so.

Another note: I will progress with the original idea: a tag replacer tool that will standardize tags on request for all animations I will consider by ID. Will it be helpful? Not sure, but I will try to help.

Would this tag replacer tool bye an ESP for ingame, or an EXE for outside game where it would amend a script?

To @rydin: it will be a small esp with just a MCM menu.

Two options will be inside:

1) Replace all animation tags (from the SexLab registry) with some "clean" tags

2) Add "clean" tags to the existing animations of the SexLab registry, by keeping all existing tags as is (for compatibility)

It will also come with a modder document to describe better how to use tags and assign tags to animations.

Keep in mind that the "reset registry" from sexlab should revert to the original tags. (I did not investigate enough on this)

*snip*

Sometimes I didn't know what to tag them.

It's a bit of a problem, I agree... there are several animations that could contain multiple tags that don't fit thematically. For example, Leito's Foot Fetish 1 animation contains a vaginal part... but you can't really call it a Vaginal animation, it's a Footjob sort of animation.

ANd if you think I have got something wrong I am open to feedback.

Nah, dude, you're doing the best with a semi-bad situation. You've already got the animators themselves and other, knowledgeable people, telling you what to put where... you don't need some other idiot yakking at ya. ;)

The only thing I can think of to say is, since the startsex() function can be passed include this tags as well as exclude this tags, adding more and more tags to an animation won't necessarily be a bad thing... in the above-mentioned Leito Foot Fetish 1, for example, including both Footjob and Vaginal would work... sort of. Anyone passing "Footjob" tags to the list (either inclusive or exclusive) would be satisfied... anyone passing "Vaginal" to the inclusive list might find it quite odd, but passing it to the exclusion list would be satisfied. It's all messed up.

So I was originally thinking of prefixing "N" with other tags. In this example, the animation would be tagged with Footjob, Vaginal and nVaginal, signifying that although it has a vaginal component, you could pass "nVaginal" to the exclusion list and modders who want foot jobs without vaginal components would skip it. But as CPU says, this is approaching a potentially huge number of possible tags.

IDK if just explaining to modders that if they don't want this scenario they could pass the appropriate tags would be enough. :)

I just keep waffling on the subject. 

The RCowgirl tag

I like this tag. It makes more sense than just tagging all cowgirl animations, forward or reverse, as simple Cowgirl.

*snip*

Sometimes I didn't know what to tag them.

It's a bit of a problem, I agree... there are several animations that could contain multiple tags that don't fit thematically. For example, Leito's Foot Fetish 1 animation contains a vaginal part... but you can't really call it a Vaginal animation, it's a Footjob sort of animation.

CPU: Exaclty my point. With my proposal you will have both tags for this animation "Footjob" and "Vaginal".

And for other animations that have only footjobs, then you have "Footjob" andn "FootjobOnly" tags.

ANd if you think I have got something wrong I am open to feedback.

Nah, dude, you're doing the best with a semi-bad situation. You've already got the animators themselves and other, knowledgeable people, telling you what to put where... you don't need some other idiot yakking at ya. ;)

The only thing I can think of to say is, since the startsex() function can be passed include this tags as well as exclude this tags, adding more and more tags to an animation won't necessarily be a bad thing... in the above-mentioned Leito Foot Fetish 1, for example, including both Footjob and Vaginal would work... sort of. Anyone passing "Footjob" tags to the list (either inclusive or exclusive) would be satisfied... anyone passing "Vaginal" to the inclusive list might find it quite odd, but passing it to the exclusion list would be satisfied. It's all messed up.

So I was originally thinking of prefixing "N" with other tags. In this example, the animation would be tagged with Footjob, Vaginal and nVaginal, signifying that although it has a vaginal component, you could pass "nVaginal" to the exclusion list and modders who want foot jobs without vaginal components would skip it. But as CPU says, this is approaching a potentially huge number of possible tags.

IDK if just explaining to modders that if they don't want this scenario they could pass the appropriate tags would be enough. :)

I just keep waffling on the subject. 

CPUAgain: the number of "Intercourse Types" will not grow too much. Probably with a tota of 20/25 tags we can cover all cases. And I include all the tags for <intercourse>Only to avoid to add too many 'ToBeAvoided' tags.

The RCowgirl tag

I like this tag. It makes more sense than just tagging all cowgirl animations, forward or reverse, as simple Cowgirl.

I prefer a couple of tags: the intercourse type tag can be just Cowgirl, but then on the Characteristic tag we can use a "Reverse" (too generic) or a "Back" or "Behind".

CPUIf I search for a "cowgirl related animation" do I really need to search for animations twice? If I want only the "reverse one" I can use two tags.

CPU: Exaclty my point. With my proposal you will have both tags for this animation "Footjob" and "Vaginal".

And for other animations that have only footjobs, then you have "Footjob" andn "FootjobOnly" tags.

Ah! FootjobOnly, I get it. Better.

CPUAgain: the number of "Intercourse Types" will not grow too much. Probably with a tota of 20/25 tags we can cover all cases. And I include all the tags for <intercourse>Only to avoid to add too many 'ToBeAvoided' tags.

I was all set to say "that sounds like too few" but I just checked... sounds about right. Sexlab 1.59c has 64 unique tags, but many of them are one-off tags (like the "Fisting" tag or "Forced" tag) so I feel they could be condensed. All told, 20-25 is probably good.

I've made a rule for myself - never use a tag that has fewer than three associated animations. Otherwise you risk players having disabled just the right set so there's limited variability in sex, or having players disabled them all and thus having Sexlab default to "anything."

My reason for doing so is purely because I'm working on a mod that searches for tags related to an NPC's personality... that is, I don't want to make an NPC that only does 69 because there's only one base SL animation that uses that tag, so a player will only ever get that one animation with that NPC. But I digress.

CPUIf I search for a "cowgirl related animation" do I really need to search for animations twice? If I want only the "reverse one" I can use two tags.

Oh! Yep, that's better.

I agree with you, @Content Consumer.

In some cases you need to use a tag that has only one animation. Was the case for footjob anims for a very long time. And it is still the case for other animations.

Give me your help. Go tho the very first page of this post, and give me help on identifying all valid tags that we can use/define/use.

Here my current list:

Gender/Number orientation **************************************************************************************************************
M - Only for males (no stroking on strapons, girls.)
F - Only for females (no fingering in a non-existent pussy, boys)
C - Only for creatures (creature masturbation?)

Intercourse Type **************************************************************************************************************
Masturbation - used when the animation has at least one masturbation scene (works for both self masturbation and "handjobs")
Blowjob - Cock/Strapon in a mouth, in at least one scene
Titsjob - Cock/Strapon between tits, in at least one scene
Vaginal - Cock/Strapon in a vagina, in at least one scene
Anal - Cock/Strapon in the ass, in at least one scene
Footjob - 
Dildo - At least one scene uses a dildo (any type, generic)
MasturbationOnly - used when the animation has ONLY masturbation scene (works for both self masturbation and "handjobs") and no other Intercourse Type tags
BlowjobOnly - used when the animation has ONLY scenes that involve a blowjob, no vaginal, anal, etc.
TitsjobOnly
VaginalOnly
AnalOnly
FootjobOnly
DildoOnly
Licking - used for oral intercourses involving vaginas in at least one scene
LickingOnly - used for intercourses involving licking vaginas in all scenes (no Vaginal, no Anal, etc.)
Oral - Aggregation for Blowjob and Licking. Every animation that has Blowjob or Licking should have also this one. The opposite is not true
OralOnly
Breastfeeding - Explicit mouth over tits (does not matter if there is a real feeding or not)
BreastfeedingOnly - 

Furniture/AnimObjects **************************************************************************************************************
UseFurniture - Used when there is a furniture involved as anim object. Any type. But not dildos, whips, et similia.
Chair - When the furniture involved is a chair/throne
Throne - When the furniture involved is a chair/throne
Bed - When a bed is added as animobject (does not mean that the anim is safe to be played on beds, it is the opposite because the bed is added)
Table
Pillory
Pony
[complete with the list of Zaz animobjects]
SexTool - when a dildo or a whip, et similia, is used. Can be safe to be played on beds.

Characteristics **************************************************************************************************************
Aggressive - The animation is considered bad and brutal
AggressiveDefault
Rape - The victim will show some sort of resistence
Dirty - Something unusual thet many NPCs will not approve (hey we are on LoversLab, we will approve everything...)
Loving
LeadIn
Foreplay - Used for animations that include petting
Sexual - A real intercourse is involved
Threesome - Shortcut for animation where three people are involved
Orgy - Shortcut for animation where more than three people are involved
Spanking - Involves some slaps on some asses
Torture - The animation is some sort of torture (for devious animation, stronger than punishment, e.g. Roasted Pig anim from Zaz)
Punishment - The animation is some sort of punishment (for devious animation, lighter than punishment, e.g. Spanking from Zaz)
Creatures - In case creatures are involved (may be useful in future)
StandingOnly - all stages are supposed to be standing
BedSafe - Animation can be played on beds.
BedUnsafe - Animation cannot be played on beds

Feel free to add/change anything.

As far as standardizing tags goes do you need to create a whole new tool to do that? Couldn't you just edit the SexLab and NSAP scripts directly and upload your revised psc/pex files? I've already done that a while ago for my own purposes. You'd need to create a new tool only to add and be able to use tags to every stage of an animation, since that's not currently possible to do with SexLab. (Assuming that's one of the things you want to do with this project.)

As far as standardizing tags goes do you need to create a whole new tool to do that? Couldn't you just edit the SexLab and NSAP scripts directly and upload your revised psc/pex files? I've already done that a while ago for my own purposes. You'd need to create a new tool only to add and be able to use tags to every stage of an animation, since that's not currently possible to do with SexLab. (Assuming that's one of the things you want to do with this project.)

Yeah, that's not only possible, it's what I've been doing for the past couple of hours.

But...

I'm a lazy person, and if someone made a tool to do it for me, I'd jump at the chance.

And I'm not sure that adding tags to animation stages is CPU's desire... but I grant you, it would help identify the entirety of the animation.

Come to think of it, doing that might actually reduce problems... but it would be a lot more work.

From sexlab 1.59c, we have the following animations: (REMOVED, FORMATTING SUCKS)

CPU... I'll take a look. :)

@mybrainhurts, the optimum will be to have the tags updated on SexLab, NSAP, Zaz, etc. But of course this is almost impossible.

So a small tool (and it is a pretty easy one) can do this trick for people that have no idea about how to edit the source files and recompile.

Maybe in future the tag rules will be shared among everybody. But right now this is a baby step to start to omogenize the animations tagging.

And no. I am not proposing tags for each stage. This is out of scope, and almost impossible to handle with the current structure.

The aim of this topic/proposition is to have a better/safe way to select animations by tags.

Well, here are a couple ideas...

Gender/Number orientation **************************************************************************************************************

M - Only for males (no stroking on strapons, girls.)
F - Only for females (no fingering in a non-existent pussy, boys)
C - Only for creatures (creature masturbation?)
I believe that Sexlab 1.6 will have this set up by default. At least, I recall reading a couple posts along those lines...

Intercourse Type **************************************************************************************************************
For a lot of these, wouldn't you have to identify which is the "giving" party and which is the "receiving" party? Actually, this is sort of a question I have about how Sexlab works in general...
For example, Vaginal... if a modder passes the "vaginal" tag to startsex(), and assuming both parties are female, how do you define which one gets the strapon? Setting the "victim" flag defines victimhood in aggressive animations, but does it also define this?
Masturbation - used when the animation has at least one masturbation scene (works for both self masturbation and "handjobs")
I think that handjob should be separate from masturbation. Masturbation does include handjobs, but it's fairly common for people to think "solo" when they see "masturbation." That, or include a "handjobonly" and "soloOnly" tag.
EDIT: Uh, never mind... solo is handled by just filling the sex array with one actor instead of multiple actors. Derp.
Blowjob - Cock/Strapon in a mouth, in at least one scene
Titsjob - Cock/Strapon between tits, in at least one scene
Vaginal - Cock/Strapon in a vagina, in at least one scene
Anal - Cock/Strapon in the ass, in at least one scene
Footjob - 
Dildo - At least one scene uses a dildo (any type, generic) (also include solo animations with furniture, like the "humping a bottle" animation I've seen somewhere on here recently...) EDIT: Or would this go into furniture?
MasturbationOnly - used when the animation has ONLY masturbation scene (works for both self masturbation and "handjobs") and no other Intercourse Type tags
BlowjobOnly - used when the animation has ONLY scenes that involve a blowjob, no vaginal, anal, etc.
TitsjobOnly
VaginalOnly
AnalOnly
FootjobOnly
DildoOnly
Licking - used for oral intercourses involving vaginas in at least one scene
Future proofing - somewhere, somewhen, someone will invent a breast-licking animation. Doesn't fit with licking as defined or breastfeeding. Of course, a new tag specific to that animation can be used, but then you've got the same problem as before, with tags devoted to single animations. Breast-licking is a valid sexual activity and I feel should be covered... so I'm thinking that "licking" should remove the "vagina" part of your definition. It could just go under "oral" but that doesn't solve the problem either...
I'm not saying that all possible future animations under the sun need to be anticipated because that would be exceedingly dumb, but being a bit more generic isn't a bad thing.
LickingOnly - used for intercourses involving licking vaginas in all scenes (no Vaginal, no Anal, etc.)
Oral - Aggregation for Blowjob and Licking. Every animation that has Blowjob or Licking should have also this one. The opposite is not true
OralOnly
Breastfeeding - Explicit mouth over tits (does not matter if there is a real feeding or not)
BreastfeedingOnly - 
I'd suggest another tag for other as-yet-unmade animations... a simple "bukakke" tag. This would cover, for example, current boobjob animations or any new animations specifically devoted to this.

Furniture/AnimObjects **************************************************************************************************************
UseFurniture - Used when there is a furniture involved as anim object. Any type. But not dildos, whips, et similia.
Chair - When the furniture involved is a chair/throne
Throne - When the furniture involved is a chair/throne
Bed - When a bed is added as animobject (does not mean that the anim is safe to be played on beds, it is the opposite because the bed is added)
Table
Pillory
Pony
[complete with the list of Zaz animobjects]
SexTool - when a dildo or a whip, et similia, is used. Can be safe to be played on beds.
I had a weird thought, probably should be suggested in the sexlab dev thread, but lemme run it by people here first...
For furniture animation, we're currently generating furniture on the fly and placing it in the world specifically for the animation, then removing it after it's done. This is because trying to use vanilla furniture opens up too many possibilities for bad positioning and clipping.
But what if you could attach the furniture animation to vanilla furniture (like beds are currently), and to avoid the possibility of clipping (like if there's a chair directly in front of a wall or something), there would first attach to the chair a script that detects collision with any objects, walls, or furniture within X units of the chair. If collision is detected within those X units, the chair is not a candidate for furniture animation, use something else. If no collision is detected, though, then this chair is perfectly suited for chair furniture animations.
Similar to an idea I had for the Seeing Yellow mod, where hundreds of invisible, virtual items would be generated above the player's head in a radius out from the player and havok drop, and if any of them hit water, then you were "near water." Just like this... radiate items (or other method of detection if there's a better one) out horizontally from the selected chair for like four feet (whatever that is in Skyrim's units) and if any collision is detected, remove this chair from the list of possible furnitures to be used.
There would have to be an MCM option to turn this off for all but the highest-end computers, I imagine. I dunno, probably not possible, but just a thought.

Characteristics **************************************************************************************************************
Aggressive - The animation is considered bad and brutal
AggressiveDefault
What is the AggressiveDefault used for? All animations with Aggressive tag also have AggressiveDefault, and vice-versa. Searching for one automatically yields animations present in the other.
Rape - The victim will show some sort of resistence
Dirty - Something unusual thet many NPCs will not approve (hey we are on LoversLab, we will approve everything...)
Loving
But specifically, Dirty and Loving are used by Sexlab to determine how the Sex Diary stats will be updated, right?
LeadIn
And what is this one used for either?
Foreplay - Used for animations that include petting
Sexual - A real intercourse is involved
What do you mean by "real" intercourse?
Threesome - Shortcut for animation where three people are involved
Orgy - Shortcut for animation where more than three people are involved
I tend to think that Threesome and Orgy should be split into Threesome, Foursome, Fivesome, and Orgy. Currently there are a couple of Threesome animations out there (not just in SL, but in other animations too), a couple of Foresomes (player + 3 falmer springs to mind) and I remember something about a new fivesome animation (player + 4 draugr, IIRC) coming along... could be wrong about that. But modders might want to specifically designate 3, 4, or 5 actors depending on whether or not they have that many actors set up for a scene, and Orgy would just include any number of actors above 2.
Spanking - Involves some slaps on some asses
Torture - The animation is some sort of torture (for devious animation, stronger than punishment, e.g. Roasted Pig anim from Zaz)
Punishment - The animation is some sort of punishment (for devious animation, lighter than punishment, e.g. Spanking from Zaz)
Creatures - In case creatures are involved (may be useful in future)
StandingOnly - all stages are supposed to be standing
Of course, if eventually there are tags for stage-by-stage animations, a lot of this becomes easier, if a bit more work.
BedSafe - Animation can be played on beds.
BedUnsafe - Animation cannot be played on beds
Are both of these required? startsex() can be passed including and excluding tags (and I believe threads give even more control, haven't really looked), so if you pass "bedsafe" to the "exclude" tags, you won't need bedunsafe...?

Feel free to add/change anything.

Archived