I'm sorry for what happened... v3a

I love this idea.

Maybe you could add support for healing those farmers in Kynareth's Whiterun temple? Don't know if someone's already got a mod for it. Also maybe a way to ease the pain of the soldiers in the Stormcloak and Imperial camps.

What farmers? You mean the wounded farmer and wounded guard on the benches, or are there farmers wandering the temple I don't know about? Jordisslave mentioned seeing some farmers at an inn that I don't remember, so I could just be missing them entirely. Gods know it's possible... the first few times I played through the Blessings of Nature quest, I didn't even see Maurice in the temple, much less get close enough for a force-greet and take him to the Eldergleam Sanctuary.  :dodgy:

I'll take a look at it, but I think they might be scripted to sit there, and I hesitate to mess with any vanilla scripts. Hell, for all I know they're not NPCs at all, just NPC-looking objects (I think that's how they did the NPC lying on the table in Castle Volkihar, not sure). If I can hijack them without damaging anything else (such as schedules and scripts for them, Acolyte Jenssen, or Danica) I'll try it out.

Might be somewhat the same for the wounded soldiers, we'll see.

Okay it might have been one farmer and someone else. I haven't finished the game yet... :angel:

About the Eldergleam Sanctuary, the two NPCs there always die to spriggans when I visit to knife the tree... I always wish I could tell them to step out for five minutes while I clean out the forest kin friends...

If you want to be nice when doing this you have to

wait for some guy in the temple in Whiterun to force-greet you shortly after you speak to the priestess, this supplies you with a peaceful ending to this quest. He has to follow you to the sanctuary but has a sensible suggestion once there.

+1 for healing injured farmers and soldiers if you can pull that off :)

Another thing that keeps bothering me about the Temple in Whiterun is that, for a healing center, there is nobody to talk to to cure your diseases, sell you healing potions or heal you or your followers.

Come to think of it, the so-called "jewel of Skyrim" doesn't actually have any professional healers at all. The local alchemist (self professed "of a sort" healer) is the best you've got.

Of course, now that I think about it, the only actual professional healers in the entire game are the Vigilants of Stendarr... does anyone else practice restoration magic like that?

There's a mod that gives Danica the ability to sell cure disease spellbooks, IIRC. Not sure about that...

...and for the all the talk of an increase in business with the war going on there are only ever two ill people in there.

v2 is up... Hopefully, fixed the bugs with the orcs in Torbjorn's quest.

Well, y'all asked for it... sex in is4wh.

You can deal with Torbjorn in a number of ways...

1. Convince him that life is worth living by giving him your body. Repeatable (at least, it should be)...

2. Convince him that life is worth living through dialogue.

3. Kill him right here, right now.

4. Kill him in the manner he wants. You'll have to find the right poison on your own.

4a. You can find the poison here:

Quintus at the White Phial in Windhelm might have a clue. Or to go directly to the end, you'll need to go to one of these:

The Hag's Cure in Markarth

Any Orc wisewoman at a Stronghold

Ingun Black-Briar in Riften

4b. Also note that the outcome will be a little different depending on whether you're nice or mean to Torbjorn.

Yes, I know you're a dark and evil assassin, and it might make sense to be rude... but Torbjorn might just give a reward to someone who's nice.

Neetrenaza on the Windhelm Docks will only be too happy to dominate any Nord who comes along.

Gisli might be a bit less unhappy with her life if you comfort her. She's really only interested in men, though.

Actually, she's a bit aggressive about it. I don't know how it happened, but that's how she ended up being written.

Sort of shallow, actually. Not sure it fits her personality... I might revisit this in the future.

Nilsine (assuming she's not dead) will feel lost without her sister. But she's done with men from now on.

Actually she's also a bit... incestuous. I really don't know what my problem is today. I think I'll stop modding for a bit.

Adrienna: " I help my father in more ways than people realize...."

I always had my doubts about that quote... :)

Me too, isn't that something for SLStories though?

Oh, that's your mod.

A "sorry" with words is useless, How about let the Dragonborn pay her true "sorry" with actions... with her warm body?

Not useless, the hope was that NPC's unhappy dialogue would no longer be repeatable or end a little better.

If you just want to cheer people up and improve their relationship the sex suggestion option in SLSubmit improves your relationship with anyone when you're successful, and has no impact if you're not.

-Serena, after asking and learning about her lonely childhood life

Yes, absolutely! Except... I'm having some real troubles getting DLC to open up properly in the CK. All the scripts are inexplicably missing. Otherwise dykwia would have had a couple NPCs from Solstheim added already. If I ever manage to figure it out, certainly. :)

Unzip the Scripts.rar file in your Data folder into the data folder. Some brainless nincompoop at Betheseda archived away the script sources and made it a part of the recently released update to the CK despite the fact that the Papryus compiler demands the presence of source files instead of using compiled files like every other compiler in the world.

After that, reinstall your SKSE script sources too because they will have been removed or replaced by the unmodified ones.

A "sorry" with words is useless, How about let the Dragonborn pay her true "sorry" with actions... with her warm body?

And there are also some individuals you can do that with in v2 - Torbjorn, Gisli, Nilsine, Neetrenaza.

Erm... that is, Gisli will only have sex with males, Nilsine only with females, and Neetrenaza with any gender but must be Nords.

Adrienna: " I help my father in more ways than people realize...."

I always had my doubts about that quote... :)

Me too, isn't that something for SLStories though?

Oh, that's your mod.

Not useless, the hope was that NPC's unhappy dialogue would no longer be repeatable or end a little better.

If you just want to cheer people up and improve their relationship the sex suggestion option in SLSubmit improves your relationship with anyone when you're successful, and has no impact if you're not.

I really need to go back and add some globals that are checked for each person (there might be a better way, but IDK it) so they don't repeat unhappy dialogue after you've cheered them up. For now, though, basically the mod just increases your relationship rank with the NPC (I used the "makefriend" function [or whatever it's called] so it just increases it from 0 to 1).

-Serena, after asking and learning about her lonely childhood life

Yes, absolutely! Except... I'm having some real troubles getting DLC to open up properly in the CK. All the scripts are inexplicably missing. Otherwise dykwia would have had a couple NPCs from Solstheim added already. If I ever manage to figure it out, certainly. :)

Unzip the Scripts.rar file in your Data folder into the data folder. Some brainless nincompoop at Betheseda archived away the script sources and made it a part of the recently released update to the CK despite the fact that the Papryus compiler demands the presence of source files instead of using compiled files like every other compiler in the world.

After that, reinstall your SKSE script sources too because they will have been removed or replaced by the unmodified ones.

I did that! That's how I'm able to edit (even just look at) vanilla scripts again. Just not DLC scripts.

v2a, the "global" patch, is up:

Added global variables for checking "is4wh comfort level"

This allows me to check and stop certain hello dialogues from happening after you've comforted someone.

For example, Torbjorn should no longer say his depressed hellos after you've comforted him.

As a side effect, it also allows me to get rid of the annoying "say once" dialogue option, potentially fixing bugs, and allows the player to revisit the dialogue assuming you've exited early.

As another side effect, it also should block repetitive player dialogue... for example, you can no longer reassure Haming that you are both Archmage and Harbinger.

As yet another side effect, it should get rid of possible bugs such as you being able to confince Torbjorn to stay alive and then he still asks you to kill him.

Extra stuff:

Sexy times with Neetrenaza now repeatable, not just a once-off.

Neetrenaza's Hello dialogue was incorrectly checking if you were Argonian, it should check if you are Nord. I don't know if the USKP already fixes that, but my edits would overwrite that, so I did it again.

I'm sorry for what happened... between you and your husband :)

Ahlam (Nazeem's wife), seems very much in need of some comforting.

So does Nivenor (Bolli's wife) and a few other dejected wives I am sure...

I don't get Ahlam. Neutral enough and then sometimes in passing says "I hope the wilds claim you one of these days". That's even when I don't kill Nazeem.

Someone is doing a blog of sex with neglected wives, I think I noticed part 21 up yesterday.

Long-winded semi-rant couched in faux-academic terminology with an emphasis on casual superciliousness inbound:

In ref:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45348-im-sorry-for-what-happened/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1136034

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45348-im-sorry-for-what-happened/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1136045

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45348-im-sorry-for-what-happened/?do=findComment&comment=1134637

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/45348-im-sorry-for-what-happened/?do=findComment&comment=1134254

It occurs to me that I've been hesitating to add in stuff because it wouldn't fit my personal play style. That is, for example, I would never interfere in a marriage.

But that doesn't mean that all players work like that. Like, duh.

One of my favorite games is ADOM, and it's always had a CRC check on the saved game. The designer did it specifically to prevent people from cheating their way through the game by editing the save data (and other reasons). I understand and sympathize - when you've made something, you really want people to experience what you've made, and having people bypass stuff or alter stuff might be repugnant. But I don't really agree with that perspective... the whole point is to make something fun for people... and preventing them from having fun by locking them onto your own rails seems too damn arrogant. I have the same problem with much of Skyrim's emphasis on linear storytelling, which is extremely obvious in an ostensibly open-world game. For example, force-greets. I've talked about force-greets before in my blog (here) and a couple of other threads, and if you follow my writings (I'm specifically talking to the nine people who do) you'll know that I consider them a poor crutch. In many mods, they're used to good effect, especially considering that they're the only way to get certain things across, but in vanilla Skyrim, I can't freaking stand them. I'm thinking particularly about the final confrontation with Mercer Frey, here.

Yes, you want to let people experience what you've made... but generally speaking, people don't mod the game until they actually have done so... and if they're modding the game, that means they've found something lacking in it and they wish to enhance it. Trying to block them from doing so evidences a lack of respect for them as players.

Related to this is my original subject, which is: not putting stuff in that people request because I don't personally play that way.

It's a dumb thing to do in this mod, considering how simplistic it is. Adding in a couple more dialogue options is usually pretty easy. It's not like I'm making anything big here.

So deliberately not including content such as trying to sex-up local unhappy wives is not, or at least should not be, in my purview.

NOTE: Your Mileage May Vary. This whole post is talking about how feel about it. Other modders, game designers, etc. may have different takes on the idea. S'all good, people.

ADDENDUM: On the other hand, I'm not doing this for pay or anything, so if I don't want to add something to my mod that other people want, y'all can get bent.

So the future is... uncertain. :)

In short, I'm gonna start adding stuff in where you can start "comforting" unhappy spouses. Maybe.

What I'm trying to do right now is add sex dialogue to followers only. Similar to the "horny followers" mod, but instead of automatic sex when you try to trade, you get a dialogue option to sex with them, just to say "thank you for carrying my shit and bashing my enemies." The problem is, I can't figure out the proper conditions for it... I think I can just reference the followers faction, right? But does that include all followers, or only your current follower? i.e. if Jenassa is my follower, I want to be able to engage in dialogue-triggered sex with her... but I don't want to be able to walk up to Stenvar and ask him for sex without first dismissing Jenassa and hiring Stenvar.

Since you've added sex in the mod, it should require Sexlab now, right?

Just asking as Sexlab is not listed as one of the requirements.

Derp. Yep, I'll change the OP.

What I'm trying to do right now is add sex dialogue to followers only. Similar to the "horny followers" mod, but instead of automatic sex when you try to trade, you get a dialogue option to sex with them, just to say "thank you for carrying my shit and bashing my enemies." The problem is, I can't figure out the proper conditions for it... I think I can just reference the followers faction, right? But does that include all followers, or only your current follower? i.e. if Jenassa is my follower, I want to be able to engage in dialogue-triggered sex with her... but I don't want to be able to walk up to Stenvar and ask him for sex without first dismissing Jenassa and hiring Stenvar.

Definitely looking forward to this feature, I know a few of my followers could do with some cheering up ^_^

I think it's the DialogueFollower quest, Follower reference alias if I remember right.

There's a specific dialogue tree for current followers, the one that has "carry my stuff" in. If you only add to that then it won't appear when they're not currently hired.

DialogFollower Quest.

Now that I think about it, I'm just going to leave vanilla stuff alone.

So the followers handling will be done with a separate, added quest, that will check if you are one of the vanilla follower NPCs (yes, that means unique dialogue for every one of the vanilla followers, makes me tired just thinking about it :) ). The quest will have no stages, and nothing actually quest-like, just handling dialogue (kind of like the city-based vanilla hello dialogues are handled). I'll check to see if they're currently hired, but that will be an external check, not editing anything vanilla.

The more I play with the CK and use other people's mods, the more I'm not liking editing vanilla stuff. Too much possibility for cross-mod conflicts, or breaking other mods such as USKP or (considering that I mostly do dialogue) other dialogue-based mods. :)

Bug report request time:

Is anyone else getting the "Torygg not speaking" bug? He has his vanilla hellos, but nothing else...

I didn't generate a SEQ file, I thought that was the culprit, but other dialogue is fine, so apparently not?

And another bug, I must've gotten Neetrenaza's conditions borked because everyone in the world seems to have his dialogue. I'll make a quick fix for 2b soon-ish.

EDIT: Found out what's wrong with Torygg. His blocking dialogue is, well, blocking. Fancy that.

And he had some "goodbye" checks I forgot to remove. So... with the next patch (2b, in the pipe), you'll have like a 5% chance each time you talk to him to trigger his quest.

Goddamn CK with it's mutual-exclusive goddamn bullshit...

EDIT 2: v2b is up with the fix for Neetrenaza. And Torygg should now have his dialogue, but only if you just. keep. poking him. I mean, he's got a couple lines of shared dialogue that cycle randomly, and his dialogue for is4wh has a very small chance to show up. *sigh*

A suggestion if u don't mind :blush:   

Not every time dragon born is good at speaking.  Some times a bad selection of "sorry" hurt people a lot..

How about to Add some silly & stupid funny Choices of words, when Dragon born is playing "bleeding heart" game, then piss off people.. makes them go mad? 

Some of them may cover face and run away in tears.  some may knock Dragon down for a while. (funny huh?)

But those People in power...May let Dragon born pay for her careless words dearly..How to? 

let us see..,throw into prison,  sell to a whorehouse. give to falmers or giants, or simply enslave her. There are a lot of Mods can do those in LL's way :blush:  

----------------

I just think that comforting some one, then end up like that is super funny . :D  :D  Of course Dragon born can still choose wisely, with heart warm words, people even reward some thing, Maybe a map of treasure, a bottle of wine, even a happy sex..  But the funniest thing is get punished for stupid words.  >_<

Sapphire would come to mind when it comes to NPC's that might need a little comfort/ a friend. I always liked that girl.

That's a good one. I feel she'd be only interested in women, but yep, she's definitely in need of some comfort.

A suggestion if u don't mind :blush:   

Not every time dragon born is good at speaking.  Some times a bad selection of "sorry" hurt people a lot..

How about to Add some silly & stupid funny Choices of words, when Dragon born is playing "bleeding heart" game, then piss off people.. makes them go mad? 

Some of them may cover face and run away in tears.  some may knock Dragon down for a while. (funny huh?)

But those People in power...May let Dragon born pay for her careless words dearly..How to? 

let us see..,throw into prison,  sell to a whorehouse. give to falmers or giants, or simply enslave her. There are a lot of Mods can do those in LL's way :blush:  

----------------

I just think that comforting some one, then end up like that is super funny . :D  :D  Of course Dragon born can still choose wisely, with heart warm words, people even reward some thing, Maybe a map of treasure, a bottle of wine, even a happy sex..  But the funniest thing is get punished for stupid words.  >_<

Hmm... something like:

Haming, I'm sorry your father died in dragonfire. But hey, at least he was warm at the end, right?

I dunno... let me think about that. I mean, I've got no real problem with doing it, I just need to make it clear to the player which avenue is the "good" one and which is the "bad" one and that'll require duplicating and shortening stuff I've already written. That is, player dialogue is limited to 80 characters, and I'm already up that high with a lot of it, so some rewriting would be in order... and doubling everything I've already done and stuff in the future too.

Fallout 2 had a nifty perk that, if taken, would change the color of the text based on how the NPC would respond to it. IIRC, "good" dialogue would be in green, "bad" in red. It's too bad Skyrim doesn't have that capability...

v2c, aka the "okay seriously, stop releasing buggy shit" patch, is up...

v2b had a problem where I forgot to set the script properties properly for sex with Nilsine, Torbjorn, and Neetrenaza. This would prevent sex from triggering.

EDIT: Current status of the "reward your followers" mod - incomplete, but growing! :)

Finished:

Belrand
Erik the Slayer
Jenassa
Marcurio
Stenvar
Vorstag
Argis the Bulwark
Calder
Meeko
Vigilance
Stray dog

Yet to do:
Iona
Jordis
Lydia
Ahtar
Benor
Cosnach
Uthgerd the Unbroken
Aela the Huntress
Athis
Farkas
Njada Stonearm
Ria
Torvar
Vilkas
Brelyna Maryon
J'zargo
Onmund
Erandur
Golldir
Illia
Adelaisa Vendicci
Annekke Crag-Jumper
Aranea Lenith
Derkeethus
Eola
Faendal
Kharjo
Mjoll
Roggi
Sven
Borgakh the Steel Heart
Ghorbash the Iron Hand
Lob
Ogol
Ugor
Cicero
Dark Brotherhood Initiate

Thank u,  It would be amuse to be put in different "sorry" situation, when speaking of "sorry". I mean, bad words are switches that can lead to different other Mods.   

----------------

For example: Imagine A warrior of honor is dirt poor who sleeps without a roof and get ill, hungry too,  

Our Dragon born said, Oh, No bread to eat? why don't eat meat instead?     <---careless low IQ word. Warrior knocks Dragon born down sell her to wolfclub (wolfclub or animal manson)

I am truly sorry for your situation, may u born as a Jarl's son in your next life. :shy:   <---Dishonor warrior, curse someone to die. Warrior sell dragon born to a jarl as a slave. (SD+ or Prison haul)

Or,  A gentleman should starve to death than go be a bandits.  good one,  ;)   <---Hypocrite!  Warrior then rapes dragon born, force her drinking skooma and sell her to the bandits. (skooma whore & SD+)

Or, You r in luck that still here in the city, i saw Stronger warriors get eaten by falmer's Bugs In the under world. <--- Warror then throw Dragon bron into underworld for such a luck to be eaten by falmer's Bugs. In LL's way  :blush:  (a mod called Estrus Chaurus)

Sapphire would come to mind when it comes to NPC's that might need a little comfort/ a friend. I always liked that girl.

That's a good one. I feel she'd be only interested in women, but yep, she's definitely in need of some comfort.

Because of her Dialogue with that one Member from the Guild? I always thought she'd just be very hard to get because she is such a proud woman even more so since she reacts positively/friendlier to Male and Female Dragonborns later on (well that could be because there isn't really a differece what gender you play in the Vanilla Game) but you do have a point there and I wouldn't mind that either. x)