FO3/NV Prostitution

Halstrom

I've actually been playing a bit lately and the Tryou/WorkingGirl and Soliciting mods rock, I 've seen how much work Loogie and Odessa put into them by looking in FNVEdit for the answer to working out which one does this with no luck finding the dialogue.

In Atomic Wrangler I have the option:

"Would you like to have sex with my friend?" (or similar)

There's a negative response about Dirty Whores with Syplus or similar.

The minor irk is if you ask them again straight away, their response can be positive.

Now I know it's a pain in the butt and not worth the effort to record all the negative responding NPC's, but wondering if it's possible that the last NPC spoken too can be remembered so the response becomes either a reaffirmation of the previous statement or just something like a "I told you I'm not interested"

So then the player would have to move on to another NPC before returning.

If you put them all behind a single line you can just set "Say Once Per Day" on that line and the NPC can't be asked it again for 12 hours. That won't work if all the dialogue is top-level, though. Even for top-level dialogue, you might be able to set an NX variable of some kind to GameDaysPassed when the player asks, and then check that value against the current GameDaysPassed the next time. I've never actually checked an NX in a dialogue condition though, so I don't know if you can check it against a global variable or not. You could also just cast a spell on them that wears off after X hours. It might be removed when the player leaves, but at least it would prevent repeat immediate attempts.

Yeah I know nothing about dialogue myself, but I think I narrowed it down to Tryouts now.

I was thinking of doing something simpler than getting NX involved, like adding the target to a formlist then just checking that formlist as a condition and erasing the formlist every hour

Archived