HDT-SMP... must be doing something wrong

Bonnie Lass

I've been hearing that this new plugin works out of the box, without adding anything to bodies, but while HDT-PE is working, when I turn it off and turn on HDT-SMP, that is not working. I don't get any bounce or motion from my body.

I can verify the plugin itself is working because I get physics from a HDT-SMP compatible hair, KS Ponytail, though it clips straight through the body.

I've tried regenerating the body in Bodyslide as CBBE TBBP instead of CBBE HDT but that doesn't seem to have made a difference. What am I doing wrong?

In my think.. BaseShape applying two xml cause big lost frame or CTD. It need be personal smp bodies like cbb-smp. So separate from cbbe-tbbp.xml or BaseShape003.xml. That two xml files not work well and cause Critical Frame Down to my client.

Does everyone here speak in code? I can follow instructions just fine but it's like everyone assumes I'm an expert already.

I feel you.  That's why i just try to wait for prepackaged UNPB variants of these kind of mods.  Everytime something new comes out (bodyslide, outfit studio, hdt, jff, etc) i try to wrap my head around it, but ultimately, i just wind up pissed off with broken files. 

Some can mod, others can't, and we that can't just have to wait.

I made a body in Bodyslide 2, here's what it looks like in Nifskope:

2vt5x8y.png

I have no clue what any of that means.  What i do know is that when i disable HDT PE in favor of HDT SMP, nothing moves, not the body, not the armor, not the hdt ponytail hairstyle.

Well, I had a look inside of the body, and it's already named BaseShape.

Y9RHYu3.png

So why isn't it working?

it should work, do you have all the xmls that came with the package from this ?

All I have is the standard files. skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics.dll, skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics\cbbe-tbbp.xml, and skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics\defaultBBPs.xml. I don't see a single link to download the rest of those files in that post. 

Well, I had a look inside of the body, and it's already named BaseShape.

Y9RHYu3.png

So why isn't it working?

it should work, do you have all the xmls that came with the package from this ?

All I have is the standard files. skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics.dll, skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics\cbbe-tbbp.xml, and skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics\defaultBBPs.xml. I don't see a single link to download the rest of those files in that post. 

Get the files he's talking about from here: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1817-hdt-skinned-mesh-physics-tutorial/ 

yeah, I just downloaded the the HDT-SMP.7z file from the here, enable in ModOrganizer, and disabled all HDT-PE stuff. Now I have physics for butt and breast by default, have added physics to vulva and labia, am going to add physics to thighs next, and try to add physics male genitals, with bending flexibility to the 6 gen bones, for better collision [note to self: base bone uses angular rotation as roll/pitch/yaw (angular +/-, y/x/z) and all sub bones receive small limited constraint in the in -x angular (pitch) with positive bending in +x angular; assuming these rotation (angular) axes are going clockwise). 

If I'm successful, I'll post proof-of-concept demo/inspiration for more capable modders than meself.

yeah, I just downloaded the the HDT-SMP.7z file from the here, enable in ModOrganizer, and disabled all HDT-PE stuff. Now I have physics for butt and breast by default, have added physics to vulva and labia, am going to add physics to thighs next, and try to add physics male genitals, with bending flexibility to the 6 gen bones, for better collision [note to self: base bone uses angular rotation as roll/pitch/yaw (angular +/-, y/x/z) and all sub bones receive small limited constraint in the in -x angular (pitch) with positive bending in +x angular; assuming these rotation (angular) axes are going clockwise). 

If I'm successful, I'll post proof-of-concept demo/inspiration for more capable modders than meself.

Sorry for the late reply. This worked for me, thank you.

Sorry for the late reply. This worked for me, thank you.

So if you got it working, would you mind posting a short guide on how you did it?

I'm still as confused as I was before.

I've got the HDT-SMP.7z file and extracted the content to my SKSE plugins folder. But I'm unclear on what to do next. If that's really all it takes, Something went wrong, because all I'm getting is shading errors on characters whenever I have HDT-SMP installed. I may be overlooking something simple.

Which Skeleton and bodyslide body do I use, And is editing stuff in nifscope really essential? I may not be asking the right questions, but I'm hoping you'll answer what I should asking too.

I'm also still having difficulty with the basic skinned mesh physics on a naked CBBE or UNP body.  I've enabled HDT-SMP.zip from here in MO on a vanilla install modded only with the unofficial patches and

Realistic Ragdolls 1.9

Racemenu 3.1

FNIS

XPMSE 2.50 (default skeleton)

CBBE 3.4a

Onetweak 1.1.1.4

Safetyload 1.2

Unified UNP v1.10q

I ensured that UUNP as the NiTriShape from femalebody_0/1 nifs was specified in the defaultBBPs.xml file.  When I make the PC naked to look at the bounce and adjust the .xml values (only vanilla armors in this setup) I get a CTD.  I also tried adding the NiStringExtraData to femalebody nifs (even though I saw it written in another thread that this was unnecessary for the naked body) and that gave me a CTD when removing armor as well.  I also tried this using the CBBE HDT body from Caliente's mod and that also CTD when I removed all armor.

Based on everything I've read from several threads I think I'm doing everything right, but I must be missing something.  I even scorch-earthed my install to try and resolve the issue, but that didn't work.  I usually sort through these problems by trial and error, but it's been a week and I still can't figure this one out.

• 1 month later...

I'm also still having difficulty with the basic skinned mesh physics on a naked CBBE or UNP body.  I've enabled HDT-SMP.zip from here in MO on a vanilla install modded only with the unofficial patches and

Realistic Ragdolls 1.9

Racemenu 3.1

FNIS

CBBE 3.4a

Onetweak 1.1.1.4

Safetyload 1.2

Unified UNP v1.10q

I ensured that UUNP as the NiTriShape from femalebody_0/1 nifs was specified in the defaultBBPs.xml file.  When I make the PC naked to look at the bounce and adjust the .xml values (only vanilla armors in this setup) I get a CTD.  I also tried adding the NiStringExtraData to femalebody nifs (even though I saw it written in another thread that this was unnecessary for the naked body) and that gave me a CTD when removing armor as well.  I also tried this using the CBBE HDT body from Caliente's mod and that also CTD when I removed all armor.

Based on everything I've read from several threads I think I'm doing everything right, but I must be missing something.  I even scorch-earthed my install to try and resolve the issue, but that didn't work.  I usually sort through these problems by trial and error, but it's been a week and I still can't figure this one out.

i also ctd every time i remove clothes or armor

Realistic Ragdolls 1.9

Racemenu 3.1

FNIS

CBBE 3.4a

Onetweak 1.1.1.4

Safetyload 1.2

Unified UNP v1.10q

Old CPUs don't support newer "instructions sets."  That's the problem.  AMD and Intel have competing instruction sets (AMD lost) and their cpus don't support competing instructions.

Buy intel/nvidia.  Stats don't matter when the entire industry is geared towards those.

On the plus side, SMP isn't at the point it's better than PE.  The collision sucks, but the hardware demands and future potential are better.

Edit. To clarify your error message, this means it's an instruction issue:  ERROR: Code : 0xc000001d

Based on what slappy told me about my hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log - old AMD CPUs won't be able to handle the instructions from the bullet library on which HDT-SMP is based, or something like that.  I had another machine running a newer AMD CPU compatible with the instruction set which runs HDT-SMP ok.  I'll be buying Intel from now on, though.

Edit - If you're not getting the above error code in hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log, then the issue isn't your CPU.

Realistic Ragdolls 1.9

Racemenu 3.1

FNIS

CBBE 3.4a

Onetweak 1.1.1.4

Safetyload 1.2

Unified UNP v1.10q

Old CPUs don't support newer "instructions sets."  That's the problem.  AMD and Intel have competing instruction sets (AMD lost) and their cpus don't support competing instructions.

Buy intel/nvidia.  Stats don't matter when the entire industry is geared towards those.

On the plus side, SMP isn't at the point it's better than PE.  The collision sucks, but the hardware demands and future potential are better.

Edit. To clarify your error message, this means it's an instruction issue:  ERROR: Code : 0xc000001d

Based on what slappy told me about my hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log - old AMD CPUs won't be able to handle the instructions from the bullet library on which HDT-SMP is based, or something like that.  I had another machine running a newer AMD CPU compatible with the instruction set which runs HDT-SMP ok.  I'll be buying Intel from now on, though.

Edit - If you're not getting the above error code in hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log, then the issue isn't your CPU.

i have a dual core intel with an amd gpu the cpu is 4 yrs old and the gpu is 1 yr old will this still cause me to crash?

Realistic Ragdolls 1.9

Racemenu 3.1

FNIS

CBBE 3.4a

Onetweak 1.1.1.4

Safetyload 1.2

Unified UNP v1.10q

i have a dual core intel with an amd gpu the cpu is 4 yrs old and the gpu is 1 yr old will this still cause me to crash?

Check your hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log.  You will find it in your skyrim directory under Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\.  After a HDT-SMP crash open up hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log in notepad.  Look for "ERROR: Code : 0xc000001d" in the text somewhere.  This indicates an instruction error according to slappy. 

I have a 7 year old laptop w/intel cpu that will run hdt-smp (not very well, but it does run), so if you have a 4 year old intel CPU on a desktop, I would expect you would be OK.  In contrast I have an AMD 955 BE (about 6 years old) that generates the instruction error crash).  Otherwise your crash is related to something else, and I advised reading the existing forums carefully to discover what may cause your crash and trouble shoot.  As always, I highly recommend nuking the site from orbit (complete reinstall), it's the only way to be sure.  MO helps with this.

Realistic Ragdolls 1.9

Racemenu 3.1

FNIS

CBBE 3.4a

Onetweak 1.1.1.4

Safetyload 1.2

Unified UNP v1.10q

Check your hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log.  You will find it in your skyrim directory under Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\.  After a HDT-SMP crash open up hdtSkyrimMemPatch.log in notepad.  Look for "ERROR: Code : 0xc000001d" in the text somewhere.  This indicates an instruction error according to slappy. 

I have a 7 year old laptop w/intel cpu that will run hdt-smp (not very well, but it does run), so if you have a 4 year old intel CPU on a desktop, I would expect you would be OK.  In contrast I have an AMD 955 BE (about 6 years old) that generates the instruction error crash).  Otherwise your crash is related to something else, and I advised reading the existing forums carefully to discover what may cause your crash and trouble shoot.  As always, I highly recommend nuking the site from orbit (complete reinstall), it's the only way to be sure.  MO helps with this.

apparently i am not able to run hdt-smp even with a pentium dual core cpu cause i am getting ERROR: Code : 0xc000001d

i guess i will go back to HDT-PE even tho i CTD when i am in the inventory to equip anything or when i buy/sell anything the crash happens if i am in the inventory sceen for more that 10-20 sec

Archived