Beta release: Egg Factory

MorePrinniesDood

Happy Easter. With it comes Beta 5, so put on your best bunny ears mod and get laying.

Changelog:

Added Slaughterfish Egg pregnancy. The cursed fish egg is on a jar on the counter in the Riverwood inn.

Fish egg pregnancy is slower than bird egg, but produces more eggs.

Added Dragon Egg pregnancy. Get cursed by the fake Dragonstone just inside Bleak Falls Barrow.

Dragon egg pregnancy is the slowest by far, taking near an in-game month to come to term.

The Pregnancy Draught has a reduced effect on dragon pregnancies.

The script no longer tries to force you into sneaking position for labor if you're swimming, mounted, or otherwise unable to sneak.

Want to prolong your pregnancy? Craft a ring or amulet of Labor Lock at a forge with a silver ingot and pre-filled petty soul gem.

Labor voices are now included.

Addd labor lock jewelry and pregnancy potions to the respective leveled item lists.

Thanks to jacques00 for help with the large egg meshes and scripting suggestions.

Thanks to MixedupJim for permission to use labor voices.

Yay keep them coming! you doing a wonderful job <3

The jewelry in general don't work like they suppose to....im not sure if its something wrong on my end or i need to try the other egg type (im still with the spider eggs because i made a fresh game to test it ) im still in sneak mode when im in labor :unsure:   

The jewelry are supposed to prevent the character from going into labor, so the character's belly will continuously grow until giving birth.

As for the egg type, the character can only birth one type of egg at a time. So whichever curse your character contracted with first will result in that egg being laid. You must return the cursed object before contracting with a new type of curse.

When in labor, the character will always be forced into sneak mode, unless swimming or mounted.

Hope this helps!

The jewelry in general don't work like they suppose to....im not sure if its something wrong on my end or i need to try the other egg type (im still with the spider eggs because i made a fresh game to test it ) im still in sneak mode when im in labor :unsure:   

The jewelry are supposed to prevent the character from going into labor, so the character's belly will continuously grow until giving birth.

As for the egg type, the character can only birth one type of egg at a time. So whichever curse your character contracted with first will result in that egg being laid. You must return the cursed object before contracting with a new type of curse.

When in labor, the character will always be forced into sneak mode, unless swimming or mounted.

Hope this helps!

Thanks ill stay near water on my adventures ^-^

Jewelry wise ill see what the problem because its still doing the normal size i wonder if the dragon egg will make a change welp since i only did 20% of the mod time to test the other after my character lay her eggs

Gosh this mod looks soooo tempting, but b5 in 6 days since OP ? i might wait for few more days before installing since i'm affraid to break something with the future updates :P

good work, keep it up !

ps : if anything, i'll vote for some unbirthing option to send back eggs in belly in the upcoming updates or even stuff it more with differents species eggs^^

Gosh this mod looks soooo tempting, but b5 in 6 days since OP ? i might wait for few more days before installing since i'm affraid to break something with the future updates :P

good work, keep it up !

That's the result of a modder who made an excellent mod from the start, and who continues to make improvements to it as new ideas crop up.

Unless you see a lot of bug reports in a support thread, a lot of betas just means a lot of improvements, not fixes.

good work, keep it up !

That's the result of a modder who made an excellent mod from the start, and who continues to make improvements to it as new ideas crop up.

Unless you see a lot of bug reports in a support thread, a lot of betas just means a lot of improvements, not fixes.

It's definitely evolved quickly. There's a couple things I want to add and test, then I think it will be ready for a 1.0 release, and the development cycle will slow somewhat.

This mod is beautiful. I decided to curse my character before they served jail time under Skyrim's overhauled prison system (Prison Overhaul) and trying to hide the eggs from the guards adds so much to the experience. XD

EDIT: Roleplay-wise, there's no functionality in either mod for something to happen or anything.

Any kind of follower impregnation in the future of this or just pc forever?? Either way i'm happy! =D

I'm pondering how to do it. There's not too much in the code that limits its effects to the PC. Support would most likely come in the form of adding a new follower with the egg factory effects rather than worrying about compatiblity in adding the effect to other followers.

Will most likely happen as a separate release from the 1.0 Egg Factory release (scheduled for Monday).

It would be great if you could add some kind of method to inflict these curses via traps or loot. :)

I love the idea of egg-laying and oviposition, but as it is, I'm kind of struggling coming up with an in-character motivation to seek out these curses.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this mod. :)

Guest mayaktheunholy

It would be great if you could add some kind of method to inflict these curses via traps or loot. :)

I love the idea of egg-laying and oviposition, but as it is, I'm kind of struggling coming up with an in-character motivation to seek out these curses.

Wouldn't be too hard to add alternate versions of the cursed eggs to random loot lists. Could even add lore books explaining how the eggs came to be (some crazy wizard's diary? Daedric fertility ritual gone wrong? Lots of possibilities) and how to remove the curse etc.

Wouldn't be too hard to add alternate versions of the cursed eggs to random loot lists. Could even add lore books explaining how the eggs came to be (some crazy wizard's diary? Daedric fertility ritual gone wrong? Lots of possibilities) and how to remove the curse etc.

Hmm, can an object with an OnContainerChanged event be added to a LeveledItem list and keep the event attached?

Hmm, can an object with an OnContainerChanged event be added to a LeveledItem list and keep the event attached?

If the script is attached to the item, it *should* trigger no matter how you add it to your inventory... for example, player.additem works, or removing it from a chest, etc.

i tried just having my follower open/loot the chest so that they were the only one to have touched the cursed egg but no luck in that little tinkering but i hope it can be figured out eventually :)

Yeah. Right now the script only checks if it's the player who's come into possession of the cursed egg.

It took rather longer than I expected, but here is the first release candidate. Please test away!

Changelog:
        Added a book of lore on the eggs (Heresies of Dibella, Volume 1) to the game.
            You'll be given a copy as you load or start a game, or there is one on display at the temple of Dibella.
        Added large bird egg pregnancy. The Companions are keeping the corresponding egg warm near their firepit.
            On finishing a pregnancy with large birds eggs, there is a chance of suddenly swelling up with an extra clutch.
        Added Chaurus egg pregnancy. The temple of Dibella holds the Chaurus Chest.
        Added eggs to leveled bandit loot lists. Carelessly looting a bandit may get you more than you bargained for.
        You'll get a quest with journal entry on how to cure you current curse, should you choose to do so.
        Changed the ingredients for the pregnancy draught to ale and raw rabbit leg.
        Removed support for male characters, at least for now.
        Added a stricter lockout to child races to better comply with Loverslab TOS.        
        Adjusted labor speed with fish eggs.
        Body armor will now be removed during labor.

As always, cure your current curse before upgrading.

EggFactoryRC1.zip

Aw yiss, this is exactly what I was looking for! You just saved me from trying to install Estrus and its myriad of requirements~

Just tested it super quickly to be sure it ran with my mess of a setup and it worked like a charm. :)

I'm kinda hoping for the male support, but no biggie if it never makes the cut. I just play too much Corruption of Champions lol.

Anyway, great job, much appreciated <3

Had my eye on this mod and gave RC1 a quick run for the first time with my scripted mod heavy main loadorder, worked just fine with no problems.  Even got the bonus clutch of eggs since I was trying out the large bird eggs.  Didn't get around to testing the labour potions or the labour lock items, but the book did show up just fine and was a nice tool to find the boxes without needing to tab out of the game.  So thumbs up, mod looks ready for prime time as far as I can tell.

And now of course for a couple ideas to needlessly complicate a perfectly suitable mod, so ignore or use the below at your discretion.  :P

- Periodic update messages on the status of the pregnancy such as "you feel something strange shift inside as you move" ect.  Might be something that should be toggle-able via MCM menu for those that would be annoyed by it.

- As others have mentioned, follower support would be nice (but may be outside the scope of the mod as it is obviously built around the PC with the quests ect)

- One-and-done cursed pregnancies, possibly triggered by gathering herbs/eggs in the wild (or something that could be hooked into by mods such as deviously cursed loot)

- Possibly tweak the physics of the eggs as they spawn, as my poor PC was kinda firing cannonballs all over Jorrvaskr when her large bird egg pregnancy finished.  (this may be much harder than it sounds to accomplish, I know there were multiple attempts to fix physics issues with chaurus eggs for EC+ and that was a single egg type)

Played the beta 5 version and seemed to work pretty good

I can see why you took out male support as the belly position was a bit strange (might have just been a problem with my skeleton due to some mods though)

but I do really hope you bring it back as my main is a male *blushes*

The potions work great and the labor lock seems to work maybe too well though as the fish eggs took more then 10 mins to clear (May have had it on for too long :P )

If possible would some combat implications be feasible like slower attacks or higher stamina drain as you go along, or maybe increased painting if you run or something

Anyway keep up the great work! :D

Wow, glad I was bored this weekend and decided to give another preg mod a spin - yours is lightweight and elegant with a twist MorePrinniesDood!

I'd definitely recommend making the cursed pregnancies do something to the player over time for some immersion goodness. The standard/increasing slow speed and physical burdens of an eggy pregnancy, or perhaps symptoms unique to the egg type, like being able to swim faster with fish eggs, or a decreased shout time cooldown with dragon eggs, etc. If the eggs are somewhat well known in Skyrim due to your book's lore, NPC could comment on the player's predicament, either with pity or a 'serves-you-right-for-stealing' attitude.

If you'd like, feel free to tear into my BFAP expansion to Beeing Female for Creation Kit ideas - the only thing you'd have to figure out for yourself is how to tie the effects into the egg gestation duration.

i tryed it then deleted it it kepts putting my character in crouch mode every few seconds i grabbed the egg from makareth then fast traveled to dawnstar and when i landed at dawnstar it forced my character to crouch i pressed crouch button to get out of crouch mode moved a few steps then got forced into crouch mode again tryed getting out of crouch and it forced into crouch mode again that might need tweaking because its a pain if your running through a enemie base when there out to kill you

i tryed it then deleted it it kepts putting my character in crouch mode every few seconds i grabbed the egg from makareth then fast traveled to dawnstar and when i landed at dawnstar it forced my character to crouch i pressed crouch button to get out of crouch mode moved a few steps then got forced into crouch mode again tryed getting out of crouch and it forced into crouch mode again that might need tweaking because its a pain if your running through a enemie base when there out to kill you

You've discovered just how fast chaurus egg pregnancies come to term. And yes, it is hard to stand during labor, and thus it's probably not the best time to assault an anemy camp. You should probably find somewhere safe and let all those eggs out first.

Archived