Help With FNV Load Order Issues

Since the NExus forums is useless, as always, I figured I would ask here, if that's allright.

I've followed the instructions on the Fallout New Vegas Beginners guide to modding, and have come with a number of problems. I've manually reinstalled each mod listed twice (once with a manager, and once manually), and nothing has changed. It says in the guide to [sort the master files for the orange mod in FNVEdit], but I'm not sure how to do that, in addition to the fact that a few people who have had a similar problem with mods seem to have only made things worse by doing this.
All of the below problems in my load order were found with the latest version of Wrye Flash for New Vegas.

My current load order is

0 FNV.esm
1 Project Nevada - Core.esm
2 Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
3 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
The load order that Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete wants is
0 FNV.esm
2 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
3 Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm

However, I can't move Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp above Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm, because Project Nevada - Rebalance is an esp file.

My current load order is

0 FNV.esm
2 CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
The load order that CCO - CG PN Rebalance Patch.esp wants is
0 FNV.esm
2 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
3 CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm

However, I can't move Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp above CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm, because Project Nevada - Rebalance is an esp file.

My current load order is

0 FNV.esm
2 Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
3 CCO - Classic Perks.esm
4 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
The load order that CCO - CP PN Patch.esp wants is
0 FNV.esm
2 Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
4 CCO - Classic Perks.esm

However, I can't move Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp above CCO - Classic Perks.esm, because Project Nevada - Rebalance is an esp file.

My current load order is

0 FNV.esm
2 Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
3 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
The load order that Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp wants is
0 FNV.esm
2 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
3 Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm

However, I can't move Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp above Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm, because Project Nevada - Cyberware is an esp file.

My current load order is 

0 FNV.esm
1 Honest Hearts.esm
2 Lonesome Road.esm
3 Someguy Series.esm
The load order Russel.esp wants is
0 FNV.esm
1 Lonesome Road.esm
2 Honest Hearts.esm
3 Someguy Series.esm

Making this change, however, invalidates the intended load order for a dozen or so other mods (from YUP, to Delay DLC, to Nevada Skies)

My current load order is

0 FNV.esm
1 DeadMoeny.esm
2 HoenstHearts.esm
3 OldworldBlues.esm
4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 GunrunnersArsenal.esm
6 Project Nevada - Core.esm
7 Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
8 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
9 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
10 Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
The load order Project Nevada - All DLC.esp wants is
0 FNV.esm
1 DeadMoeny.esm
2 HoenstHearts.esm
3 OldworldBlues.esm
4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 GunrunnersArsenal.esm
6 Project Nevada - Core.esm
7 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
8 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
9 Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
10 Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp

Since the Project Nevada Rebalance and Cyebrware files are esps, Ic an't move them above Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm

My current load order is

0 FNV.esm
1 LonesomeRoad.esm
2 Advanced Recon Tech.esm
The load order Advanced Recon Riot Gear Helmets.esp wants is
0 FNV.esm
1 Advanced Recon Tech.esm
2 Lonesome Road.esm

However, this conflicts with Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp

My current load order is

0 FNV.esm
1 DeadMoney.esm
2 HoenstHearts.esm
3 OldworldBlues.esm
4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 GunrunnersArsenal.esm
6 YUP - Base Game +All DLC
7 Project Nevada - Core.esm
8 Project Nevada - Equipemnt.esm
9 Project Nevada - Repalance.esp
10 Weapon Mods Expanded.esp
11 EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
12 WMX-DLCMerged
The load order YUP - WMX EVE PN want is
0 FNV.esm
1 DeadMoney.esm
2 HoenstHearts.esm
3 OldworldBlues.esm
4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 GunrunnersArsenal.esm
6 YUP - Base Game +All DLC
7 Project Nevada - Core.esm
8 Project Nevada - Equipemnt.esm
9 Project Nevada - Repalance.esp
10 EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
11 Weapon Mods Expanded.esp
12 WMX-DLCMerged

However, this conflicts with a number of other mods.

My current load order is

0 FNV.esm
1 DeadMoney.esm
2 HoenstHearts.esm
3 OldworldBlues.esm
4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 GunrunnersArsenal.esm
6 Weapon Mods Expanded.esp
7 EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
8 WMX-DLCMerged
However, the laod order that WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp wants is
0 FNV.esm
1 Weapon Mods Expanded.esp
2 EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
3 DeadMoney.esm
4 HoenstHearts.esm
5 OldworldBlues.esm
6 LonesomeRoad.esm
7 GunrunnersArsenal.esm
8 WMX-DLCMerged

Unfortunately, Weapon Mods Expanded and EVE FNV - ALL DLC are both esps

Also, speaking as someone who hasn't really mucked around with merged or bashed patches since I was playing Oblivion about four years ago, is there a good tutorial on how to make them somewhere that anyone could recommend? The guide on the Wrye Bash/Flash page is a bit confusing.

Don't have any of those installed right now, but I'll help as much as I remember about it...

For warnings that want you to put .esp files above .esm, just ignore those as it's just impossible. Just put those .esp files below the last .esm and it should be ok, I did it that way, no problems for Project Nevada. I see you use EVE and WMX, use this to fix incompatibilities with PN, PN extra options might be needed (don't remember exactly as it's been ages since I uninstalled PN because of other mods) - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42363/?

As far as I can see, YUP is unnoficial patch, so stick it as high as possible in load order, above Project Nevada.

Load order for DLC's and your mods should be like this:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
YUP
Project Nevada
EVE
WMX

Just one word of caution: Project Nevada alters a lot of stuff in game, so maybe some changes from YUP will be overwritten and nullified.

Rule of thumb is to first arrange the mods by their masters, then by type: I put heavy script mods and complete overhauls first (like PN, EVE etc.), after that lightning/weather mods, mods adding new stuff like armor and weapons next, and last everything for companions. That has kept my game stable and without too many problems (there are always some in heavily modded games).

And to be honest, all conflicts can't be solved just because official DLC's themselves are in conflict with each other because each one overwrites the same record with their new values and nulifies the last DLC... Bethesda, please get your shit together.. xD

Without reading too much into your post... because between the wall of text and my meds now I think my heads is about to explode.

Yes, Project Nevada is VERY exact on what load to use. There ARE  Project Nevada .esp files that have the headers of an .esm. This means that despite being listed as an esp, it can be loaded and perform correctly in an esm load.

In my own load order;

FalloutNV.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

HonestHearts.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

DeadMoney.esm

ClassicPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

So yes, there are esp's that need to be loaded in-between some esm's. Mind you I still have another shit-ton of esm's after Project Nevada, I just chopped the list.

That said.... I use and only use FOMM to load and launch. Even FNVEdit I don't bother with because I can't make heads or tails out of most of it.

If you're not using FOMM to install Project Nevada, give that a go first since it sounds as that is the main issue.

Bastardinho's example of general load order regarding DLCs and such is dead on though otherwise. I don't use YUP, so I don't know what sort of hell it might cause. If it gets too messy, just slick it and start new . If you are moving from one major over haul to another, sometimes its the best move to make anyway.

• 1 month later...

It is a possible with a Wrye Bash/Wrye Flash program to load esm headed esps above normal esms, as it's already been done in the Skyrim version of Wrye Bash. Unfortunately, due to a shortage of manpower behind the mod, the likelyhood of Wrye Flash NV being able to handle the same deal is still a bit far off. Right now it's Sharlikran and two others working on Wrye, and Sharl tends to have a half dozen projects going at the same time.

Archived