Some questions about HDT, BBP and TBBP

Fomebs

I am mainly seeking a mod for bouncing breasts (similar to NoMaaM BBB for Oblivion). I understand that HDT is a more expansive mod while the other two are about breasts/butts, but apart from that, I'm a bit puzzled. I have a few questions:

1- Although I've seen them mentioned quite a lot in nexus, I'm not sure what the main mod pages for BBP and TBBP are.

I suppose this is TBBP: The TBBP animation of Dragonfly with butt bounce Am I correct?

The closest BBP page I could find is CHSBHC - BBP - Nude and Jiggly Mod, which is not even a standalone mod. Is this the actual page for it, or is BBP actually outdated and TBBP is its replacement?

2- Which of the three works with the highest number of body mods and armor/clothes conversions? I.E., if I decide to download a new armor pack, how do the approximate chances of HDT/BBP/TBBP being supported compare to each other?

2.1- The nude CBBE body seems to have a (T)BBP compatible variant, but the vanilla armor/clothes conversions in nexus apparently don't. Has anybody made (T)BBP compatible CBBE armor/clothes meshes?

3- The nexus page for XPMS Extended skeleton says to "not use TBBP physics if not needed" as it apparently has some issues. Does anybody know what type of issues? Are they significant? Is there a better skeleton for TBBP?

4- I've read that BBP does not affect butt physics while TBBP can. Is BBP really affecting only breasts and not butts (sounds at odds with its name)? I've also read that the difference is that TBBP uses 2 breast nodes while BBP uses 1, does this change the physics considerably?

5- And finally, regardless of compatibility and other issues, which one would you recommend to someone whose priority is realism?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

-----Edit-----

After consulting the responses and a bit of testing, I've obtained most of the info I sought. Might be good to report them by answering my questions here for future users:

1-  There really seems to be no standalone mod called BBP, at least not anymore. And there are probably no other animation mods called TBBP (also, apparently TBBP by Drangonfly is from 2012; and still has no animations other than idle, walk, and run so it's meh). However, there are a lot of other +bounce animation replacer mods, this thread has a good number of them listed: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19084-bbptbbp-animation-mod-list/

2- Still not sure about compatibilities. But I think HDT is more likely to be compatible with skeletons/bodies/armors than TBBP.

3- XPMS Extended skeletons seems to work with everything (both the HDT and BBP hkx files).

4- As there is apparently no BBP mod (anymore), this question

5- I tried to test only TBBP and only HDT:

The bounce intensity in HDT apparently depends on the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file you use. The default xml from HDT Physics Extension seems to be the most low-key one. The "TBBP BBP supported" mod's xml files are much more jiggly.

About TBBP by Dragonfly: for an unknown reason, Skyrim refused to open when I hid the HDT files. So my impression of TBBP is "TBBP together with HDT". The bounce intensity is pretty much the same with TBBP than without it. Though the animations themselves give the movement a better/realistic look. One (potential) problem is: the running animations are cartoonishly girly, and the walk animations have an over-the-top seductive aura. So I'm not going to be using TBBP animations. But giving all the other bounce-friendly animation replacers a try is something I'll probably do.

Well with mesh rigger it doesn't really matter if something will support BBP TBBP HDT or not since with mesh rigger you can add BBP TBBP BnB BBB depending on the game to armors and outfits yourself quite easily.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/

I use a TBBP skeleton and a TBBP body a TBBP skeleton will work with both BBP and TBBP but a BBP skeleton will not work with TBBP stuff. My body had no TBBP so I used mesh rigger to add TBBP plus a belly node to the body using mesh rigger and many of the outfit/armors that I convert to my players body also get run through mesh rigger to add them.

I use groovtama's skeleton.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25971-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/?do=findComment&comment=652968

Not sure on problems with TBBP I haven't seen any.

BBP stands for Boob bounce physics TBBP is tender boob butt physics. If you load a BBP armor up into nifskope you will only see breast nodes. 

DW ill explain it to u mate here we go..

TBBP is "tender breast and butt physics", it makes butt and boobs go BOING BOING. Now this one has more nodes on it and the butt seems jiggle alot more then bbp and look over BOINGY, breasts also seem to sway to side more and have a mind of theyre own cause of yet again the extra nodes.

BBP is "breast and butt physics" this one is older i think then tbbp and makes breast and butt go BOING BOING yet again. Now this one has two less nodes then tbbp and has a more solid like BOING to it. Kinda like uhh say, breast implants. butt also seems to not jiggle even though supposedly it does.

You must understand that these are breast and butt animation, so everything is lets just say predetermined.

here is the HDT TBBP

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54044/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D54044%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D1712899&pUp=1

HDT is used by the havok system and uses it to calculate physics like swaying and movement etc.. So its just like having breast and butts with minds of there own, while bbp and tbbp animations is like having breast and butts that always have a predetermined mind. (might not be my best job of explaining something but i tried lol)

Hope this clears some of your questions, just ask if u need more help or have more questions ill answer to the best of my abilitys. GL HF!!

just started testing early release of HDT-SMP, which is mesh/bullet based physics/collision  --  already doing things HavoK-HDT would choke on. No wobbling/spazzing mesh with aggressive parameters; not seen an infinity spike yet; collision is baked-in; no havok object management necessary, or chocking out other physics; performance seems lots better -- probably the future of mesh physics, for the entire game industry.

• 5 months later...

Archived